Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Just tracked mine and saw

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Wednesday, 09/ 04/ 2013

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Thursday, 09/ 05/ 2013

tumblr_mmfzwhXUHm1so450so1_250.gif

We all understand that these retro releases no longer carry the greatest quality standards or something even as simple as real leather. With that being said, I have both the 2006 and these 2013 5's and I prefer the makeup of the 2013 over the 2006. That "leather" was very soft and prone to wrinking very easily on the 2006. I think all the 5's that have released this year thus far have been pretty good actually.

I think this release is going to be similar to the green glows. Not limited, but will sell out. Especially due to the fact that most people that struck out on the fear pack will be purchasing these.
How do you know those that missed out on the Fear Pack got these? Does that mean that those who got the Fear Pack didn't get these?

Last edited:
my homie showed me a pair of these he copped on release date and they were already yellowing ... must've been sitting in moist warehouses for some time .... SMH @ JB

Damn, no size 13.

Good lookin though.

haha i saw that gif thats your avy a couple weeks ago man i was rollin laughin so hard. I watched it for a cool 2-3 minutes, and eventually i recognized the lil kid that was doin it as well. Im like wtf kinda video they shooting hahaha

my homie showed me a pair of these he copped on release date and they were already yellowing ... must've been sitting in moist warehouses for some time .... SMH @ JB

that could have happened anywhere. could have came from being a rainy muggy summer day when they were on the truck for shipment if only 1 driver carried them from nike - the store? Not necessarily JB fault, that you have no control over really.

I don't even know what this is looks like the coating dried uneven over the leather

no disrespect man but if you that unhappy with them just return them and get your money back. All in all the shoes are pretty much hand made so there is going to be some flaws. That lil bit of paint youre worried about thats on the leather you can fix that if you really wanted to. That part on the heel you have no control over but its pretty much non-existent when you wear them because its not even noticeable. The toe box issue, it happens no two pairs are ever the same. Im sure many of other people have different height toe boxes and some dont.

Im just saying, you feel as if you paid $160+ that you need to get your money worth and apparently (at least how its coming off) youre not happy with what you spent your money on. Simple solution, return it for a refund or sell it to someone else. Im sure youll find someone that wouldnt look twice at those flaws you found.

After a few day with this shoe I must say that I really like the Metallic V's better and not just by a little but a whole lot. The colors seems to pop more .

OMG you dont see all that red paint thats touching the white!!! I see a little raised part of leather there on the toe. JB f'd your pair up man take those back smh JB

hahahaha im just playin man those look amazing i can not wait until mine arrive

all white one sickness

leather white laces WHITER

hate it but whatever

Last edited:
OMG you dont see all that red paint thats touching the white!!! I see a little raised part of leather there on the toe. JB f'd your pair up man take those back smh JB

Can we be honest in here?  I can only hope my pair doesn't look like that, once they arrive.

Can we be honest in here?  I can only hope my pair doesn't look like that, once they arrive.

i dont think they look bad. I mean you cant help that little bit of paint. Yall are expecting those cheap labor factory workers to be perfect

For those that use V's to play basketball, how long do you feel they typically last before you feel you can't use them anymore?

For those that use V's to play basketball, how long do you feel they typically last before you feel you can't use them anymore?
Not sure about basketball but i use mine to swim in. They make great water shoes and the bottoms stay icey!!

Back
Top Bottom