Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

If full size too big run an extra zoom air full insole (did that on the XV;s and they are VERY snug and incredibly comfortable now... if its .5 up you can run a regular gel insole or use a sneaker shield (would recommend .5 up from snug and running the shield anyways)
Good thinking i do the same, up .5 and in a sneaker shield. works great. Our size's even think alike ;-) lol

Chatted with nike earlier today and they said these were not on the release calendar for aug 31st..... Anyone else got any release info?

Chatted with nike earlier today and they said these were not on the release calendar for aug 31st..... Anyone else got any release info?

both eastbay/footlocker/champs/footaction and finishline have these releasing on the 31st of august on their websites

^You guys were ahead of your time.  We had no names for sneakers and paid little attention to box tags at all. Our biggest thing were "Are they the NEWEST ones?" That was our nickname for every Jordan, "The new ones". That was enough to have people know which shoe and color you were talking about.

EDIT: Now that I think about, we weren't too good with numbers either! Lol. The first Jordan that I remember being called by a number was the XIV because it was on the inside of the tongue (and was in the news for some gang incidents that went on with the Nortenos back home in Northern Cali). But before that, if we were to mention an old model we did it by year (i.e. " '89 Jordans").

Last edited:
^You guys were ahead of your time.  We had no names for sneakers and paid little attention to box tags at all. Our biggest thing were "Are they the NEWEST ones?" That was our nickname for every Jordan, "The new ones". That was enough to have people know which shoe and color you were talking about.
I know that, that's why I said "if there is going to be a nickname", not "they are called the black tongue 5s". But nicknames make things easier.

LOL I guess you could say we were ahead of our time. By 1990-91, my high school friends and I just started referring to previous years' models by the years they were released and by the color, just as a frame of reference so we knew which ones we were talking about. For example, we referred to the white/cement 3's as the "white '88s", fire red 3's were just "red '88s", etc. it was a much simpler time lol

Of course, any new Jordan's that came out were just the "new Jordan's".

If full size too big run an extra zoom air full insole (did that on the XV;s and they are VERY snug and incredibly comfortable now... if its .5 up you can run a regular gel insole or use a sneaker shield (would recommend .5 up from snug and running the shield anyways)

Good info, I've been yet to try insoles but seems quite a few ppl swear by them. Definitely worth checking out for a better fit..

Fire Red V are always my favorite colorway of the 5's no doubt. Word to the Tokyo, Black Quai, Motorsports, Rainbow, those colorway got nothing on this.

I have a wedding and will be out of state when they drop. I'm going to give my buddy some money and hope he can walk in and get me a pair. After these I don't think there is anything I want until at least November. 

Failed on the db 3's, passed on the fr 3's, passed on the green glow 4's, and that fear pack is just terrible :x

Haven't bought anything since the toros n shadows :smokin

And in two weeks I'll be reunited with my grails again :D mannn its been a long 3 years :lol:

Failed on the db 3's, passed on the fr 3's, passed on the green glow 4's, and that fear pack is just terrible :x

And in two weeks I'll be reunited with my grails again :D mannn its been a long 3 years :lol:

I feel almost exactly the same. Passed on the same stuff and I've been waiting for these for a minute.

I feel the same bro. Last pick up was the Toro's and ive been patiently waiting for these bad boys!

one of the tongues on my last pair turned piss yellow with the quicks so i flipped em.

thinkn now that ill cop these if i can get em with the discount then wear them asap.

Back
Top Bottom