Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

i know what dude said & i know what i said too
i didn't mention nicknames in my post cause i don't use em much

am confused why/if you're confused with what i posted therefore can't make any sense of what you posted
but all the power to you
I know exactly what you posted thats why for your part all I did was try to explain what magic ment if you didn't get it. 
Eh, it was close to 25 years ago, off by a year, sue me. Good job pulling the info from the interwebz.
How about referring to it by color way? Nickname nonsense is almost as annoying as trying to get a pair of sneakers nowadays. Damn Pokemon generation.

Shoe dropped close to 25 years ago, now it needs a forced nickname?
laugh.gif
This is where I referred to as the other guy when i said the pokemon generation joke and was explaining the nickname vs color code to him more so than you.

What dude is trying to say is fire red is in the color code for both like how cement is in the code for 3s and 4s but people called them white or black cement to differentiate. You calling them white/red or white/black is the same as people calling them fire red black tongue or 3m. Not so much of a nickname calling them black tongue or 3m tongue just a way to tell the difference because the color for both is fire red. 

A nickname would be more like the space jams because clearly thats not a color in the shoe but just associated with the movie. Imo fire red/cement/infrared/grape/aqua arn't nicknames they are just the color people picked from the code to tell what shoe they're referring to.

On a side note the pokemon joke dude made was kinda lame. Not like nicknames were just invented so lets grow up please 
tired.gif

for me, to differentiate, i call one the white/black (the ones that dropped in january) & the other the white/red (these) & explained in detail why in the white/black 5 thread months ago (which people seemed to appreciate)...a condensed version appearing above posted by someone else

i know what dude said & i know what i said too
i didn't mention nicknames in my post cause i don't use em much

am confused why/if you're confused with what i posted therefore can't make any sense of what you posted
but all the power to you

also - the original & 99 retro of the white/black aj4 didn't have cement in the style code, so in a way, it can be
argued that calling them white/cements is a nickname not a pure differentiation (until this new retro dropped,
but that debacle is a whole other post worth)

both of you are saying the same thing. :lol:

What I was saying was you need some way to differentiate between the two. Not sure why kid was trying to clown dudes.

This isn't a case of people making up a name like the cherries, candy canes or bugs bunnies. Even then, since day one people always had their personal nicknames and identifiers for certain Jordan's. You just might not have used them. Because were separated based on regions, neighborhoods and environments. Just like how Air Force Ones are called about five different things just on the east coast. You're going to tell someone they're wrong for calling them fat heads and not uptowns?

I hate when older cats try to clown on younger cats to make themselves look wiser and better. You shouldn't need to impress people on the internet. Dudes need to stop trying to put themselves on pedestals.

Last edited:
Can you guys please stop talking about the blue soles because they will become irrelevant in the months after release date because the tint will eventually fade as you wear them....

Thanks.

both of you are saying the same thing.
laugh.gif

What I was saying was you need some way to differentiate between the two. Not sure why kid was trying to clown dudes.

This isn't a case of people making up a name like the cherries, candy canes or bugs bunnies. Even then, since day one people always had their personal nicknames and identifiers for certain Jordan's. You just might not have used them. Because were separated based on regions, neighborhoods and environments. Just like how Air Force Ones are called about five different things just on the east coast. You're going to tell someone they're wrong for calling them fat heads and not uptowns?

I hate when older cats try to clown on younger cats to make themselves look wiser and better. You shouldn't need to impress people on the internet. Dudes need to stop trying to put themselves on pedestals.
Preach!

I'm definitely picking up 2 pairs of these after seeing the release day blue tint on the grapes today.

All these pictures with the strong blue is because the shoe's were just made. Different story come release date :smokin

I still don't think he realizes both are or were once fire red V's :smh:

In an attempt to make himself look smart, he's done the opposite.

You can't identify these by the colors like the grapes or black metallics, so you have to identify them by the, 23, the midsole or tongue

White/Black and White/Red... voila... :lol:

For the record, not many referred to the Black V's as "Black Metallic" until the third time they dropped with the "23" on the side.

Identified by the two dominant colors in each colorway.

Sure that's what it's about. :lol:

Nothing to do with that, it's just becoming comical, every shoe needs to be assigned a nickname. The pokemon generation has taken over, so us older "cats" that appreciated the culture for what it was has to live with it. Nike/JB has catered their "marketing" towards this generation, pushing these nicknames towards sneaker blogs it supports (You think "Joker III's" was created by the masses, :lol:, it's Nike/JB guerrilla marketing at it's finest). It's just funny when an OG colorway drops, and a nickname is thrust upon it when it didn't have one in previous incarnations. Carry on though.

Are we better? That's arbitrary. Wiser? No doubt. :wink:

Last edited:
I'd rather have a yellow sole then a blue sole on these.

i agree. makes um look vintage :lol:

i dont know why people get mad that they gonna yellow. what pisses me off is when the mesh yellows that much more a problem than the soles.

i like my v's and vi's soles to slightly yellow. reminds me when i had the white blue ogs and my friend had the black infrared ogs as little kids. his yellowed so much i thought they had a gum sole :lol:

White/Black and White/Red... voila... :lol:

For the record, not many referred to the Black V's as "Black Metallic" until the third time they dropped with the "23" on the side.

Identified by the two dominant colors in each colorway.
Sure that's what it's about. :lol:

Nothing to do with that, it's just becoming comical, every shoe needs to be assigned a nickname. The pokemon generation has taken over, so us older "cats" that appreciated the culture for what it was has to live with it. Nike/JB has catered their "marketing" towards this generation, pushing these nicknames towards sneaker blogs it supports (You think "Joker III's" was created by the masses, :lol:, it's Nike/JB guerrilla marketing at it's finest). It's just funny when an OG colorway drops, and a nickname is thrust upon it when it didn't have one in previous incarnations. Carry on though.

Are we better? That's arbitrary. Wiser? No doubt. :wink:

You already played yourself, you can stop now.

And if you don't like the "culture", you can leave it instead of crying about it. That's not very masculine, and older cats shouldn't do that.

Last edited:
You already played yourself, you can stop now.

And if you don't like the "culture", you can leave it instead of crying about it. That's not very masculine, and older cats shouldn't do that.

Who's crying? :lol:. It's called a discussion kiddo, it's what adults do. On a message board where people are free to express their opinions within the rules. The ignore feature is there for a reason. Feel free to use it if you can't stand the opinions of "non-sheep".

Pics look pretty good, I still don't like the blue tint. Still going to cop. Can't wait.
Once I get these I'll have all OG V CW's :pimp:

Oh man can't wait! After I pick these up I'm gonna be on the lookout for some metallic 5s I need a pair of the 07s or the 11 releases cause my last pair got stolen

Damn this video is going to make me try to cop two pairs. These are so Nice. Love the OG style with 23 on the side but most importantly love the tinted blue icy sole. I'm grateful JB has decided to make the clear sole shoes with a blue tint to prolong the yellowing.Cant go wrong with the blue tint!:smokin

I need a new pair of these my fire reds from 2007 are cooked! Plus the blue tint on those soles are dope fresh 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom