Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Will the blue sole eventually turn clear? It looks fugly 
The blue tint will go away and become yellow. 
laugh.gif

if you put white rit dye and seaglow could you turn it white and reduce the chance of yellowing? also been wondering about this for the netting mainly

I really dont like that blue tint but F it Ive been waiting on these. Was in college and didnt have the money for em last time they released. Employed now so these are a must along with black grapes and im done with the 5s

06 had crappy leather too.Just saying plus I had some red and black streak on my pair.

possibly, but at least I don't have to look down and see eggshell white leather with bright white laces. ******ed kind of leather they've gone with his year.

People don't realize that these are coming out the factory now so of course all the leaked pictures are going to have that strong blue tinted soles.

I guarantee 4 months from now it'll be a slight tint on release date

In the 90's it was just the ones with the #23 on the side since the og release version "3m" tongues did not have 23 on the side.

Yeah, but now you can't do that, because the 23 is interchangeable. So you identify them by the tongues.

Just to re-fresh the homies memory, cuz its been a long time.
Theses dropped in Nov of 1990 the start of the 90-91 season.
Not 1989. Not trying to make you seem like you don't know
Anything, just reminding ya.

Eh, it was close to 25 years ago, off by a year, sue me. Good job pulling the info from the interwebz.

Yeah, but now you can't do that, because the 23 is interchangeable. So you identify them by the tongues.

How about referring to it by color way? Nickname nonsense is almost as annoying as trying to get a pair of sneakers nowadays. Damn Pokemon generation.

Shoe dropped close to 25 years ago, now it needs a forced nickname? :lol:

I mean the blue tint isnt bad .. but I would much rather have it without the blue tint. Oh well wont stop me from buying

How about referring to it by color way? Nickname nonsense is almost as annoying as trying to get a pair of sneakers nowadays. Damn Pokemon generation.

Shoe dropped close to 25 years ago, now it needs a forced nickname? :lol:

You still don't get it. So what's the colorway for each :stoneface:

I still don't think he realizes both are or were once fire red V's :smh:

In an attempt to make himself look smart, he's done the opposite.

You can't identify these by the colors like the grapes or black metallics, so you have to identify them by the, 23, the midsole or tongue

You still don't get it. So what's the colorway for each :stoneface:

for me, to differentiate, i call one the white/black (the ones that dropped in january) & the other the white/red (these) & explained in detail why in the white/black 5 thread months ago (which people seemed to appreciate)...a condensed version appearing above posted by someone else

for me, to differentiate, i call one the white/black (the ones that dropped in january) & the other the white/red (these) & explained in detail why in the white/black 5 thread months ago (which people seemed to appreciate)...a condensed version appearing above posted by someone else
What dude is trying to say is fire red is in the color code for both like how cement is in the code for 3s and 4s but people called them white or black cement to differentiate. You calling them white/red or white/black is the same as people calling them fire red black tongue or 3m. Not so much of a nickname calling them black tongue or 3m tongue just a way to tell the difference because the color for both is fire red. 

A nickname would be more like the space jams because clearly thats not a color in the shoe but just associated with the movie. Imo fire red/cement/infrared/grape/aqua arn't nicknames they are just the color people picked from the code to tell what shoe they're referring to.

On a side note the pokemon joke dude made was kinda lame. Not like nicknames were just invented so lets grow up please 
tired.gif

i know what dude said & i know what i said too
i didn't mention nicknames in my post cause i don't use em much

am confused why/if you're confused with what i posted therefore can't make any sense of what you posted
but all the power to you

also - the original & 99 retro of the white/black aj4 didn't have cement in the style code, so in a way, it can be
argued that calling them white/cements is a nickname not a pure differentiation (until this new retro dropped,
but that debacle is a whole other post worth)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom