Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Because I'm curious, sailor... I figured these would sit awhile.
Still tons in stores all over.
You felt compelled to respond to me with that brilliant report?

Okay "curious sailor" obviously they didn't sit. Did your curiosity not take you to Finishline, eastbay, and footlocker and see that they were sold out on the site. Did your curiosity not tell you to look a few pages back and see that people were sayin they sold out at the various malls across the country.

The way I wear my 5's are like this

081ef898_image.jpeg

8f8149cc_image.jpeg

Pictures taken from Solepremacy's video

5s without lace locks? What........... The...... Fu...........

never used them and i bought the V and VI back in the original release years...

and its pretty dumb that the re release of both the V and VI they took nike off the lacelocks. i mean was it that serious?

lol wut... that is the dumbest thing I've heard in this thread. personally I've never worn lace locks with any shoe I just take them off and store them in small champs bag I have kept over the years along with a few shrouds and other things that came with shoes. I think the lace locks add a tiny amount of visual appeal to the shoe but it's more trouble when tieing than worth imo
mean.gif

just passin along what i heard bro

isn't that what we do here ??

what do you think their function is  ??

drop that knowledge .....

Whats the purpose of the lace lock. Whats it locking? You cant loop thru it right? Does it keep them from coming untied ... curious why you guys use it other than "looks"

IMO the 5, 6, and 17 all look incomplete without the lace locks

It's for looks or support either way they should stay on imo

michael-jordan-wearing-air-jordan-6-vi-carmine.jpg

What's the purpose of him wearing the locks at the toebox? Use commonsense people

Whats the purpose of the lace lock. Whats it locking? You cant loop thru it right? Does it keep them from coming untied ... curious why you guys use it other than "looks"

Yeah, it keeps them from becoming untied. I tighten it with the lacelock and then tie my laces at the lace lock. I never have to tie my laces with V's I just slide my feet in with them already tied. With the VI's I normally just end up tucking them.

Im calling an NDC restock tomorrow night. On alot of stuff. Since its labor day and its a big weekend for sales

Fives without lace locks is like a girl without ****. You can do it... But why would you?

No man .. stop

Its personal preference juat like the reason why u wear the clothes you wear.. if u like the lace lock on it rock it if not them go without.

End of story on the lace locks?

I'm calling major restocks black Friday weekend.November will be busy. Doernbecher release, Wednesday before black Friday, the Saturday after black Friday, plus it appears maybe 2 releases on black Friday.

I got lucky Saturday. I woke up late but was able to buy a size 11 online from footlocker at 11:35 am. probably off subject but they still had some white/black/red 3s too

Doesn't finishline restock the past weekend releases the following Wednesday?? I have noticed that pattern forming

You are supposed to tie you shoes relatively tight and put both of the ends through the lace lock so you don't have to retire your shoes but most basketball players like myself find this to be a hassle at the end of the game.

mean.gif

just passin along what i heard bro

isn't that what we do here ??

what do you think their function is  ??

drop that knowledge .....
all I said was that idea sounds dumb wherever you heard it. and it's to lock the laces so they have less of a chance to loosen up while playing, which sometimes happens so you have to re tie your shoes. some people lace their shoes backwards so they loosen up less easily, a lot of the times shoes come laced that way which I don't like which is where I learned that from in t he first place

To the dudes who copped from NDC, what's your status?

I know tomorrow is a holiday so I'm just curious since I put the order in at 11AM or so on Sat morning. It checked out fine and all, but still shows 'in progress' at the moment. Historically for me, when you log into NDC, it shows the current status, ie shipped even though the shipping email hasn't been sent yet.

Back
Top Bottom