Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Mine is marked as Shipped but I haven't received the email yet

FNL sent me the shipping email and Eastbay is still in process

Last edited:
To the dudes who copped from NDC, what's your status?

I know tomorrow is a holiday so I'm just curious since I put the order in at 11AM or so on Sat morning. It checked out fine and all, but still shows 'in progress' at the moment. Historically for me, when you log into NDC, it shows the current status, ie shipped even though the shipping email hasn't been sent yet.

Youll get the confirmation tom nifht or tuesday. Im sure they are on their holiday break lol . No labor on labor day for most ppl .. youre good though ndc isnt much of one to cancel orders from my experience. Patience my friend as i am waiting for my confirmation too.

The way I wear my 5's are like this

081ef898_image.jpeg

8f8149cc_image.jpeg

Pictures taken from Solepremacy's video
why would you do such a thing

To the dudes who copped from NDC, what's your status?

I know tomorrow is a holiday so I'm just curious since I put the order in at 11AM or so on Sat morning. It checked out fine and all, but still shows 'in progress' at the moment. Historically for me, when you log into NDC, it shows the current status, ie shipped even though the shipping email hasn't been sent yet.

Mine show as shipped. I checked the status on NDC. Haven't gotten the shipping e-mail yet but not worried. I know with the holiday and all things are slowed down. Have no doubt these will hit the house later this week.

Youll get the confirmation tom nifht or tuesday. Im sure they are on their holiday break lol . No labor on labor day for most ppl .. youre good though ndc isnt much of one to cancel orders from my experience. Patience my friend as i am waiting for my confirmation too.
It's not even for me :lol:

I woke up at like 7AM PST, got on my cell and added a couple of sizes just to see if I can get through, I was able to. Went to pick up my pair at 10AM at the local Niketown. Got a text from a friend, who is also an NTER, asking if there are pairs around still. He's out of town. I went back on NDC on my cell, the pairs I added earlier were still in. I checked out with no problem.

This was the reason I was curious because I bought it hours later.

Was at work yesterday and some guy came into my store at like 2 PM with a Foot Locker bag and I see that he bought the Vs. Keep in mind, all the shoe stores in my mall were doing a line. Anyway, I asked if he had to get in line or anything and he said no. He just bought them about 10 minutes ago... :smh: :smh: :smh: While I woke up at 6 ******g AM to get in line... >: >:

Last edited:
Was at work yesterday and some guy came into my store at like 2 PM with a Foot Locker bag and I see that he bought the Vs. Keep in mind, all the shoe stores in my mall were doing a line. Anyway, I asked if he had to get in line or anything and he said no. He just bought them about 10 minutes ago... :smh: :smh: :smh: While I woke up at 6 ******g AM to get in line... >: >:

So are u mad that these didn't sell out in minutes?

Last edited:
I'm mad I woke up at 6 ******g am to get in line for these while some dude just waltzed right in at 2 PM and bought them.
You got peace of mind, friend. If for some reason, this would've sold out on the spot, you would've got yours and the guy wouldn't.

Not as impressed as I thought I would be, in person. But I'm just glad that I finally own this colorway.

Whats the purpose of the lace lock. Whats it locking? You cant loop thru it right? Does it keep them from coming untied ... curious why you guys use it other than "looks"
It keeps the laces from dragging on the ground and getting the wax tip crushed etc, good for people that like to slip these on without tying em and wear em loose

Whats the purpose of the lace lock. Whats it locking? You cant loop thru it right? Does it keep them from coming untied ... curious why you guys use it other than "looks"
It does exactly what it says. If the shoe comes untied, the laces stay tight because they are "locked." Having said that, I could never get the laces on 5's tight enough to actually play ball in, locks or not.

No, I passed high school.

By the way , you use "an" before a word that contains a vowel so you might want to correct that signature

You use "an" in a sentence when the following word SOUNDS like it STARTS with a vowel, not contains a vowel lol. Not trying to call you out, just sayin.

Those OG's posted above look incredible, super clean pair. Look how huge the 23 looks tho, def much bigger and more pronounced than modern retro's. Looks like they have been restored tho, the paint on the midsole is pretty sloppy on the right shoe.

And I love my lace locks on my V's. I lace em up so I can slip them on no off without tying them, just slip them on tighten up the lace lock and go. But the V lace locks def mess up the tongues sometimes if they are too tight, the clear part cuts the material.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom