Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Glad fnl finally stopped plastering their namw all over the outside of the box
Not for me on this one, they sent it in a big double box with Finishline all on the side. No extra packing paper nor air bags to keep the one box in place, so my kicks were all jumping around inside. The shoebox itself was dented, the kicks were out the box when first opened, fortunately just a couple of nicks were spotted on the nubuck that was done away with a brush.. First time this happened with FNL for me.

Last edited:
Looking at my pair

Production dates: January - April '13

I'd give them B+ quality. My pair came with chips in the nubuck, actual ash on the shoe, a shaky paint job on the outer side near the icy sole, and kinda weird but one shoe has a dull bottom while the other has a glossy one.

I wonder how many times JB pushed the date back. Four months of production, in comparison, Cavs 4s only had 2 months (12/12-2/13).

If I had missed out, I'd still want them, it's a great shoe. Should've been an OG cw imo.

I think it should be noted that type of release (general, QS, or limited) and production date do not necessarily have to correlate with the production number of a shoe. Like I mentioned before, a QS release is a release that wasn't orignaly in the production/release schedule that is planned for the following year but is added in later by Nike/JB if it is given the okay. So these shoes' production are fit in between the schedules of previously determined releases. Now just because a shoes production span is 4 months does not mean it under went 4 months of production. During that 4 month span it could be that due to other production runs only 5-6 weeks (consecutive or non consecutive) are free for a QS production run. So even if a shoe like the Cav 4s had a 2 month production span, it could still have higher production numbers than these black grapes that had a production span of 4 months. With QS releases, production numbers depend on the entire production schedule of all of the other shoes. Pretty much a shoe is not QS because they're limited, but they maybe limited because they're a QS.

We knew about the original grapes (GR) releasing back in 2012, but didn't get word of the black grapes until early 2013 around production start. Make me think that these are a QS release.

Last edited:
2nd pair out for delivery 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom