Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Looking like it might be a bit tough to cop for my sis. still will try as if it were something I wanted though. on a side note... Is it just me or is there a crazy amount of stupid locked threads on page 1 today
laugh.gif
. wonder if this release is reviving the hypebeasts interest in "Jays"

Last edited:
yea they limited... im going to cop hopefully the pair i saw was just ashy as hell... but if that 10.5 ashy ima let em fly..most likely super bad like the pair i saw but i like this colorway alot so just holding out hope

Quick Strike isn't even a term that applies to anything about availability to the end customer (us). The availability is inferred because they are almost always limited. Retailers buy and sign contracts for these shoes about a year in advance of their release. Sometimes Nike, or whatever company, will come up with an idea after that timeframe and want to release it sooner than a year out. A quick strike is more a term for the type of the sale between Nike and the retailer. They are often times more limited because Nike has less time to make the shoes and distribute them, so they plan production accordingly. They are also more limited to the number of retailers than anything. Part of that is because Nike knows they will only make so many in the shorter time frame, so they only sign contracts with the few companies they need to move the number of pairs they'll have, and the company distributes them to their stores where they want to. These are a QS simply because they weren't in the 2013 look book and contracts were signed less than 12 months out from release date. I don't think 12 months is a hard date or anything, it just usually falls under that amount of time. These are a QS, but there are still kids pairs. Some stores got them 3 weeks ago, but some won't get them until next week. They definitely aren't a GR. Some HoH's aren't even getting these. If it's a GR, you can bet no HoH will miss out on releasing it.

What? :lol:
If you got the FR V's I would say get the same size that you got in them. But this question is always asked and always gets different answers because people have different feet. I cop the same size for every release and never have a problem. From what people were saying about the white grapes and the FR's I would say these will be the same, about .5 big.

I find that material is the biggest indicator of sizing. For the run of IV's last year, the leather IV's (Fire Red, Military Blue) all fit a half size big (obviously, in my opinion), the suede IV's (Thunders, Bred) all fit true. I messed up and went a half size down on ALL of my IV's from last year and I now wish i had a 10.5 in my Thunders and Breds...

A better example of this is the GMP pack from last year...I'm generally a 10.5, but I bought a size 10 in the pack because of the sizing from the Olympic VI's that had dropped earlier that year. My VI's from the GMP pack fit great at size 10, but my VII's are tight in the same size...Seems to me to all come down to Leather vs Suede/Durabuck/Nubuck.

Quick Strike isn't even a term that applies to anything about availability to the end customer (us). The availability is inferred because they are almost always limited. Retailers buy and sign contracts for these shoes about a year in advance of their release. Sometimes Nike, or whatever company, will come up with an idea after that timeframe and want to release it sooner than a year out. A quick strike is more a term for the type of the sale between Nike and the retailer. They are often times more limited because Nike has less time to make the shoes and distribute them, so they plan production accordingly. They are also more limited to the number of retailers than anything. Part of that is because Nike knows they will only make so many in the shorter time frame, so they only sign contracts with the few companies they need to move the number of pairs they'll have, and the company distributes them to their stores where they want to. These are a QS simply because they weren't in the 2013 look book and contracts were signed less than 12 months out from release date. I don't think 12 months is a hard date or anything, it just usually falls under that amount of time. These are a QS, but there are still kids pairs. Some stores got them 3 weeks ago, but some won't get them until next week. They definitely aren't a GR. Some HoH's aren't even getting these. If it's a GR, you can bet no HoH will miss out on releasing it.

KingKong...I've seen how you help out in NT...Been peeping it for a while.

And now you droppin knowledge...love it. I'm sure someone will argue or question you...but you are absolutely correct with your info. I personally refrain from doing stuff like this because I just cant stand the usual backlash...It's good to see that you haven't been tainted by the NT bashers/naysayers/doubters/haters...but I absolutely salute you, sir.

Keep doing your thing homie.

You spread good info :nerd:

I find that material is the biggest indicator of sizing. For the run of IV's last year, the leather IV's (Fire Red, Military Blue) all fit a half size big (obviously, in my opinion), the suede IV's (Thunders, Bred) all fit true. I messed up and went a half size down on ALL of my IV's from last year and I now wish i had a 10.5 in my Thunders and Breds...

A better example of this is the GMP pack from last year...I'm generally a 10.5, but I bought a size 10 in the pack because of the sizing from the Olympic VI's that had dropped earlier that year. My VI's from the GMP pack fit great at size 10, but my VII's are tight in the same size...Seems to me to all come down to Leather vs Suede/Durabuck/Nubuck.

Interesting, I've never noticed that before.

So what material was used on the "raptor" 7s from last sept? was it durabuck or nubuck?

KingKong...I've seen how you help out in NT...Been peeping it for a while.

And now you droppin knowledge...love it. I'm sure someone will argue or question you...but you are absolutely correct with your info. I personally refrain from doing stuff like this because I just cant stand the usual backlash...It's good to see that you haven't been tainted by the NT bashers/naysayers/doubters/haters...but I absolutely salute you, sir.

Keep doing your thing homie.
You spread good info
nerd.gif
Thanks, guise!
smokin.gif
  I definitely appreciate the good info both of you share as well.  It's always on point.

Last edited:

QFT

Thanks for the explanation! I'm not an active buyer anymore so I'm kinda out of the loop. I appreciate your insight, bud :smile:

I think it was nubuck when I saw and felt a pair.

The raptor 7 was durabuck not nubuck
Nubuck has fine hairs like timberland boots
Durabuck are flat like way ups or thunder 4s

Black grape 5s are like the blk/red 4s last year, funny how that nubuck had no ash. Regardless these and last years blk/red4s should have been durabuck and the 7s should be a mix of the two (2002,1992) og material.

Anyones Finishline get these yet, My store has not recieved or been billed yet. They did get the cav4s and thunders both times. Want to see them first. ( that ash )

The raptor 7 was durabuck not nubuck
Nubuck has fine hairs like timberland boots
Durabuck are flat like way ups or thunder 4s

Black grape 5s are like the blk/red 4s last year, funny how that nubuck had no ash. Regardless these and last years blk/red4s should have been durabuck and the 7s should be a mix of the two (2002,1992) og material.

Wait so youre saying the black grapes are nubuck? Not suede?

Back
Top Bottom