Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

So say if you have two accounts you would need two different ccs

It wouldnt hurt. Visa gift cards serve as cc so u can just go to grocery store n add money on it. But i think ur fine if u just checkout at separate u can use the same cc. Someone correct me if im wrong though

Went a little bit out of the way to enter a couple of raffles and witnessed some bogus activity with my own eyes. The store usually has the person sign a ticket and a sheet a paper much like I've done there several times including today. Afterwards I see this dude walk up to counter and only sign the sheet of paper, no ticket. To seal the deal I see buddy shake up with the associate as he departed, but in his hand was a nice little green note tucked under his thumb. It was the classic dope deal exchange! To make matters worse he seemed to have a pretty large shoe size, my shoe size. I can usually eyeball a size 13 from a mile away.

My optimism tells me that maybe he just owed this dude some money, no shadiness, I'm overreacting. Needless to say I'm not expecting to get a call back from these guys. :smh: >:

Thought id just double check with the ftl at the mall i was in(jersey) because the site said they'd do fcfs but when i asked the guy he said no . I'm not sure if i should believe him or chalk it up to the ftl shadyness that i hear about so much, found it fishy that every shoe store in the mall was getting it except the one listed on a website.

Did you go to willowbrook and garden state? Hit me up 
laugh.gif
Nah I didn't go to willowbrook or garden state but I went to NY instead and put my name in a few raffles. Did you go to any of those spots yet? And are they giving out tickets tomorrow also? Might stop by there :tongue:

When you guys win more raffles than you plan to buy do you decline the offer so they can pull another name or do you just say screw it someone will buy them when I don't go claim them. What are your practices?

I swear dealing with these raffles are a waste of time but i still enter in a few just in case 
laugh.gif

Have a feeling this shoe is going to be like the Thunder 4... Going to pass the effort of raffle tix.  Never win anything. Online release or bust 
wink.gif

About as high quality of a video you'll see of this shoe. Lookin' better by the day... :smokin

Last edited:
Best way to have success at raffles is to enter at a lot of stores, obviously. Still tho, odds are ahainst u. The way I see it tho its worth it if it increases my chances to get a pair since online can be a crapshoot as well (example:I've had great success online up until bt/88 release, went for both fully expecting to get them n struck out completely)

I swear dealing with these raffles are a waste of time but i still enter in a few just in case 
laugh.gif
that's why i never even bother with alot of them unless its a ticket for a guaranteed pair, with these kind of hyped up releases you better have a strong store connect to have  a remote chance of winning
mean.gif

Went a little bit out of the way to enter a couple of raffles and witnessed some bogus activity with my own eyes. The store usually has the person sign a ticket and a sheet a paper much like I've done there several times including today. Afterwards I see this dude walk up to counter and only sign the sheet of paper, no ticket. To seal the deal I see buddy shake up with the associate as he departed, but in his hand was a nice little green note tucked under his thumb. It was the classic dope deal exchange! To make matters worse he seemed to have a pretty large shoe size, my shoe size. I can usually eyeball a size 13 from a mile away.

My optimism tells me that maybe he just owed this dude some money, no shadiness, I'm overreacting. Needless to say I'm not expecting to get a call back from these guys.
mean.gif
mad.gif
This is the reality check I got almost a year ago.  When raffles became the norm, most managers and asst, managers began to realize they can sell tickets, and since most JB buyers are repeat customers all they need is a small circle to work with.  When it comes to limited releases they still deal within their circle the same people who have taken care of them on general releases.  I am guilty of being one of those dudes paying but don't care. in the end 20-40 is easily better than 80-120 over retail after the release.  Today the mall i was at giving out guaranteed tickets did not give out any sz 11.5, 12, or 13s and I know they got 4 or 5 of each sz for a fact.  you already know where those 12-15 pairs (which is not a lot went).  

my advice...see how much dude is charging, and plug yourself in.  I wear a 14 so I don't play on any release, because either the 14 is the first to go, or scooped up by some reseller.....

you'll find that 20-40 u spend out of pocket knowing your pair is secure is nothing versus trying to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and leprechaun to grant you 3 wishes.....
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Anybody ever double up on tickets at the same spots
Nope. I only get tickets from the stores at the local mall that I frequent during lunch break. The dudes there know me, and it'll be embarrassing to perform such act.

When you guys win more raffles than you plan to buy do you decline the offer so they can pull another name or do you just say screw it someone will buy them when I don't go claim them. What are your practices?
:lol: No one ever declines. Chances are: that person will still pick up the pair and try to flip or if that person doesn't pick up his pair before the allocated time expires, the store will do FCFS or re-raffle.

Best way to have success at raffles is to enter at a lot of stores, obviously. Still tho, odds are ahainst u. The way I see it tho its worth it if it increases my chances to get a pair since online can be a crapshoot as well (example:I've had great success online up until bt/88 release, went for both fully expecting to get them n struck out completely)
Pretty much it. I only get tickets from the 2-3 local malls from work. If that fails, I try online. If online fails, then oh well. I'm not going to pay over retail for Js and Nikes.

Hopefully I win one of my ticket if not there is still NDC. The Footaction by me is the only one in the whole state getting these and the store probably only got like 24 pairs so chances are slim.

Had a close look at these today, quality is exceptional for Jordan Brand, they are real nice. Only issue I had was the blue sole, otherwise real nice for a new style retro.

Damn those last couple posts^^^^^^^ gonna have me turn emo
happy.gif
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif
.....no hope.

Last edited:
will see whats up with the RSVPs tomorrow, good luck everyone
If you don't have a you know what, you don't stand a chance. There's been members who confirmed getting a DM before the official tweet is sent :lol:

I tried the RSVP for 2 releases and tweets were sent within 2 seconds max, and nada.

Back
Top Bottom