Air Jordan V Black Metallic 2011 Vol. 23 Stitched

ashy as hell
30t6p3b.gif

I've got 2 pair of the 2007s one yellowed and worn to hell the other fresh but i personally dont mind the change to suede.

I've got 2 pair of the 2007s one yellowed and worn to hell the other fresh but i personally dont mind the change to suede.

Outta all the times these released ive never brought these but I think i just might cop this time....

Outta all the times these released ive never brought these but I think i just might cop this time....

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

not sure how anyone can possibly be throwing salt on these?

They look perfect and if they are the same material as the black/red VI i will be stoked. You guys dont even know what kind of material it is but are already saying JB ruined your favorite shoe by putting crappy suede on them.lol

You guys will hate on any shoe that is not a carbon copy of an OG just to prove yall are "sneakerheads"

More for me.

They already look like someone threw salt on them, but the ash suede.     No one is trying to prove nothing by not liking a shoe.   
laugh.gif

How do you say people don't know what material it is?   It's obviously not durabuck.   
Look how much JB changed over the course of 4 years since the last 5's dropped.  It's crazy to me.   

The only thing that's proven, is that JB can put out whatever material they want to use on OG colorways, and sheep people will flock. 

By all means, enjoy this shoe, JB is saving a lot of us hundreds. 
i aint gon front they aint bad. the conversion from durabuck to nubuck/suede looks better than the conversion of the 6's....but i definitely will be going after a 07 pair

They look perfect and if they are the same material as the black/red VI i will be stoked. You guys dont even know what kind of material it is but are already saying JB ruined your favorite shoe by putting crappy suede on them.lol

You guys will hate on any shoe that is not a carbon copy of an OG just to prove yall are "sneakerheads"

More for me.

They already look like someone threw salt on them, but the ash suede.     No one is trying to prove nothing by not liking a shoe.   
laugh.gif

How do you say people don't know what material it is?   It's obviously not durabuck.   
Look how much JB changed over the course of 4 years since the last 5's dropped.  It's crazy to me.   

The only thing that's proven, is that JB can put out whatever material they want to use on OG colorways, and sheep people will flock. 

i aint gon front they aint bad. the conversion from durabuck to nubuck/suede looks better than the conversion of the 6's....but i definitely will be going after a 07 pair

definately lookin better than first pics. id contemplate pickin 1 up to wear to leave the older retros ds 

definately lookin better than first pics. id contemplate pickin 1 up to wear to leave the older retros ds 

More for me.

laugh.gif

THIS....

but hey people can buy what they want.
30t6p3b.gif

More for me.

laugh.gif

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif

Exactly.  
People think because some of us don't like the material used on a shoe, we are putting them in a negative light, and therefore, trying to tell you not to buy, when it's not like that at all.  

Buy what you like.  Don't get offended because someone doesn't like them. 

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif

Exactly.  
People think because some of us don't like the material used on a shoe, we are putting them in a negative light, and therefore, trying to tell you not to buy, when it's not like that at all.  

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif
Exactly.  

^^This
couldn't have said it better

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif
Exactly.  

^^This
couldn't have said it better

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif
Exactly.  

GOOD POST.

I'M NOT OFFENDED AND WILL BE GRABBING MULTIPLES.

THIS....

30t6p3b.gif
Exactly.  

GOOD POST.

I'M NOT OFFENDED AND WILL BE GRABBING MULTIPLES.

Well said FB23

Word to the recent "double" thread, this is why it can sometimes be wise to X2 on certain pairs

...this is one shoe I'm glad I doubled up on back in '07 -still have a DS pair to break out once my current pair is done.

Well said FB23

Word to the recent "double" thread, this is why it can sometimes be wise to X2 on certain pairs

...this is one shoe I'm glad I doubled up on back in '07 -still have a DS pair to break out once my current pair is done.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Well said FB23

Thanks.  
I agree, that's when "doubling up" pays off.  Mine were beat long while ago, I need a new pair.  Looks like I'm gonna get another 2007 pair.   I struck out recently on a 2000 pair 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Well said FB23

Thanks.  
I agree, that's when "doubling up" pays off.  Mine were beat long while ago, I need a new pair.  Looks like I'm gonna get another 2007 pair.   I struck out recently on a 2000 pair 
grin.gif

Buy what you like, but what's the logic behind buying an '07 pair when a) the nubuck used on them is inferior with previous retros b) you can get a brand spanking new pair in august with a slight change in material but built around a better last/shape c) after you've worn them a few times they'll be just as ashy but with prevalent signs of creasing, unless you waterproof them, the material will diminish rather quickly.

The suede may have an aesthetic property that you don't like, but it's the better material of the two (not speaking of quality nubuck, but that travesty they put on the '07s).

Not trying to dissuade you, just wondering your reasoning behind opting for the lesser quality retro.

Buy what you like, but what's the logic behind buying an '07 pair when a) the nubuck used on them is inferior with previous retros b) you can get a brand spanking new pair in august with a slight change in material but built around a better last/shape c) after you've worn them a few times they'll be just as ashy but with prevalent signs of creasing, unless you waterproof them, the material will diminish rather quickly.

The suede may have an aesthetic property that you don't like, but it's the better material of the two (not speaking of quality nubuck, but that travesty they put on the '07s).

Not trying to dissuade you, just wondering your reasoning behind opting for the lesser quality retro.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

NAH. 07 MATERIAL WAS FINE, ONLY GRIPE I HAVE WITH MY 07'S WAS THE SHAPE IS INFERIOR TO MY 2000'S ESPECIALLY THE SHORT TONGUE. 2011 SHAPE LOOKS VERY CLOSE TO 2000'S. BUT PLEASE LET THAT TONGUE HAVE REAL 3M AND NOT THE SAME AS THE 2010 FLINTS....
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom