Air Jordan V Black Metallic 2011 Vol. 23 Stitched

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Buy what you like, but what's the logic behind buying an '07 pair when a) the nubuck used on them is inferior with previous retros b) you can get a brand spanking new pair in august with a slight change in material but built around a better last/shape c) after you've worn them a few times they'll be just as ashy but with prevalent signs of creasing, unless you waterproof them, the material will diminish rather quickly.

The suede may have an aesthetic property that you don't like, but it's the better material of the two (not speaking of quality nubuck, but that travesty they put on the '07s).

Not trying to dissuade you, just wondering your reasoning behind opting for the lesser quality retro.
NAH. 07 MATERIAL WAS FINE, ONLY GRIPE I HAVE WITH MY 07'S WAS THE SHAPE IS INFERIOR TO MY 2000'S ESPECIALLY THE SHORT TONGUE. 2011 SHAPE LOOKS VERY CLOSE TO 2000'S. BUT PLEASE LET THAT TONGUE HAVE REAL 3M AND NOT THE SAME AS THE 2010 FLINTS....
grin.gif

Buy what you like, but what's the logic behind buying an '07 pair when a) the nubuck used on them is inferior with previous retros b) you can get a brand spanking new pair in august with a slight change in material but built around a better last/shape c) after you've worn them a few times they'll be just as ashy but with prevalent signs of creasing, unless you waterproof them, the material will diminish rather quickly.

The suede may have an aesthetic property that you don't like, but it's the better material of the two (not speaking of quality nubuck, but that travesty they put on the '07s).

Not trying to dissuade you, just wondering your reasoning behind opting for the lesser quality retro.

The durabuck on the '07's looks wise was as close as you can get to the 2000 retro.  

I've never waterproofed Durabuck because it's not needed.  It's the easiest material you can clean.  

What travesty on the material issue did you have with the '07's??    

The durabuck on the '07's looks wise was as close as you can get to the 2000 retro.  

I've never waterproofed Durabuck because it's not needed.  It's the easiest material you can clean.  

What travesty on the material issue did you have with the '07's??    

When I had the 07s they would crease rather easy. The material just wouldn't hold the shape all that well, IMO. It may just be the shape more than the nubuck, with the shorter tongue and long toe box. Something about them didn't sit too well with me. I'm happy to see them in the suede and improved shape.

When I had the 07s they would crease rather easy. The material just wouldn't hold the shape all that well, IMO. It may just be the shape more than the nubuck, with the shorter tongue and long toe box. Something about them didn't sit too well with me. I'm happy to see them in the suede and improved shape.

Since when is creasing a quality issue problem??  
laugh.gif

Shoes aren't supposed to crease anymore? 

And what was wrong with the shape?? 

air-jordan-og-5-black-metallic-silver.jpeg

jordan-5-retro-black-metallic-2000.jpg

289cyhh.png

The toe box was long on the OG's, a bit shorter on the 2000's, and long again with the 2007's. 

laugh.gif

289cyhh.png

The toe box was long on the OG's, a bit shorter on the 2000's, and long again with the 2007's. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

289cyhh.png

i dont get it...who's da idiot who green lights da change in these? i aint coppin ANY jordans that aren't  exact copies of da sneakers of yesteryear....

laugh.gif

289cyhh.png

i dont get it...who's da idiot who green lights da change in these? i aint coppin ANY jordans that aren't  exact copies of da sneakers of yesteryear....

laugh.gif

289cyhh.png

I PREFER THE 2000'S OUT OF THE 3. JORDAN 5 PERFECTION IMO.

laugh.gif

289cyhh.png

I PREFER THE 2000'S OUT OF THE 3. JORDAN 5 PERFECTION IMO.

Didn't have the 07's but i can say this much about the
2000 Black Metallics

They were crease beasts (of course, that's inevitable
especially with the design of the 5's - having shallow
toe boxes and whatnot. Forget me nots).

But i like where they're going with the suede because
it seems to be more resilient in nature. For instance,
the Varsity Red 6's. Had 'em since release date and
ZERO creases.

There's a conception/idea that durabuck is more durable
and stronger than suede, but correct me if i'm wrong...

but suede is more pliable/maleable. It can bend, stretch
and won't sustain the kind of wear/tear than its relative
counterparts.

Irregardless... i love straddling with just these shoes on.

Didn't have the 07's but i can say this much about the
2000 Black Metallics

They were crease beasts (of course, that's inevitable
especially with the design of the 5's - having shallow
toe boxes and whatnot. Forget me nots).

But i like where they're going with the suede because
it seems to be more resilient in nature. For instance,
the Varsity Red 6's. Had 'em since release date and
ZERO creases.

There's a conception/idea that durabuck is more durable
and stronger than suede, but correct me if i'm wrong...

but suede is more pliable/maleable. It can bend, stretch
and won't sustain the kind of wear/tear than its relative
counterparts.

Irregardless... i love straddling with just these shoes on.

definitely gonna have to peep these out in person. you'd be better off wearing the box than the last retros that they came with.

definitely gonna have to peep these out in person. you'd be better off wearing the box than the last retros that they came with.

Back
Top Bottom