Air Jordan V Black Metallic 2011 Vol. 23 Stitched

Sorry, it just doesn't look right with the suede finish...glad I still have a pair of 00s and 07s

Sorry, it just doesn't look right with the suede finish...glad I still have a pair of 00s and 07s

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

When I had the 07s they would crease rather easy. The material just wouldn't hold the shape all that well, IMO. It may just be the shape more than the nubuck, with the shorter tongue and long toe box. Something about them didn't sit too well with me. I'm happy to see them in the suede and improved shape.

Since when is creasing a quality issue problem??  
laugh.gif

Shoes aren't supposed to crease anymore? 

And what was wrong with the shape?? 

air-jordan-og-5-black-metallic-silver.jpeg

jordan-5-retro-black-metallic-2000.jpg

289cyhh.png

The toe box was long on the OG's, a bit shorter on the 2000's, and long again with the 2007's. 
Never said creasing was a quality issue, but that suede would retain the shape better, evidenced by the Varsity Red VI. As for the shape, the 2007 just didn't look right. It may be a preference issue, but I'm use to the shape of the 2000s. At the end of the day, it's ultimately your choice. The suede pair just looks more supple, albeit the slightest bit ashy.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

When I had the 07s they would crease rather easy. The material just wouldn't hold the shape all that well, IMO. It may just be the shape more than the nubuck, with the shorter tongue and long toe box. Something about them didn't sit too well with me. I'm happy to see them in the suede and improved shape.

Since when is creasing a quality issue problem??  
laugh.gif

Shoes aren't supposed to crease anymore? 

And what was wrong with the shape?? 

air-jordan-og-5-black-metallic-silver.jpeg

jordan-5-retro-black-metallic-2000.jpg

289cyhh.png

The toe box was long on the OG's, a bit shorter on the 2000's, and long again with the 2007's. 
Never said creasing was a quality issue, but that suede would retain the shape better, evidenced by the Varsity Red VI. As for the shape, the 2007 just didn't look right. It may be a preference issue, but I'm use to the shape of the 2000s. At the end of the day, it's ultimately your choice. The suede pair just looks more supple, albeit the slightest bit ashy.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

NAH. 07 MATERIAL WAS FINE
No it wasn't.

It was paper thin, compared to the 2000s.  I sold all my 07s after a few wears and kept flipping into new pairs to keep fresh.  Ain't have to do that with 2000s, until they just yellowed to hell.

But all of this is expected, with products with a "jumpman" on the back from Jordan Brand post 00 now.  Reason IF I pay, its never no where near MSRP.

Shim Shim...

No it wasn't.

It was paper thin, compared to the 2000s.  I sold all my 07s after a few wears and kept flipping into new pairs to keep fresh.  Ain't have to do that with 2000s, until they just yellowed to hell.

But all of this is expected, with products with a "jumpman" on the back from Jordan Brand post 00 now.  Reason IF I pay, its never no where near MSRP.

Shim Shim...

After watching that video... i'ma have to say it

But the 11's > 00's/07's because of the suede
(suede > nubuck/dura in this instance). They look
buttery soft in that one; you can spread it over your
favorite slice of toast for that matter.

(if not, i'll give you something you can spread)

They will hold up very well and with the blue tint,
stalled yellowage process. Y'all gotta trust me
on that one.

And if you don't believe me... skeet on me.

Squeeze me.

on that one.

Squeeze me.

Originally Posted by BinYe

on that one.

Squeeze me.

roll.gif

You are crazy man

Originally Posted by BinYe

on that one.

Squeeze me.

roll.gif

You are crazy man

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

No it wasn't.

Shim Shim...
2000s over 07 and these any day...cant beat a classic.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

No it wasn't.

Shim Shim...
2000s over 07 and these any day...cant beat a classic.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

OF COURSE THE 2000'S WERE BETTER THAN THE 07'S. I DON'T THINK ANYONE IN HERE IS ARGUING THAT.

WHETHER THE 2011'S ARE BETTER THAN THE 07'S IS STILL UP IN THE AIR BUT FROM WHAT I'M SEEING, IMO, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YES.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

OF COURSE THE 2000'S WERE BETTER THAN THE 07'S. I DON'T THINK ANYONE IN HERE IS ARGUING THAT.

WHETHER THE 2011'S ARE BETTER THAN THE 07'S IS STILL UP IN THE AIR BUT FROM WHAT I'M SEEING, IMO, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YES.

^^ I think the jury is still out for the lack of 3M. Little to no 3M would make or break many decisions.

^^ I think the jury is still out for the lack of 3M. Little to no 3M would make or break many decisions.

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

QFT.

I WAS SO DISAPPPOINTED WITH THE 2010'S FLINTS AND THE LACK OF 3M THAT I BOUGHT THEM TO USE AS BEATERS. IF THE TONGUE IS THE SAME AS THE FLINTS THEN THESE WILL MEET THE SAME FATE.

QFT.

I WAS SO DISAPPPOINTED WITH THE 2010'S FLINTS AND THE LACK OF 3M THAT I BOUGHT THEM TO USE AS BEATERS. IF THE TONGUE IS THE SAME AS THE FLINTS THEN THESE WILL MEET THE SAME FATE.

QFT.

i know what is it with the lack of 3m lately.i think the last retro witch had a pop of 3m was the greenbean 5s .the 5s in the dmp had barely 3m.

Back
Top Bottom