Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Why would you want them too be big (and wrong) like the 2000’s? I also noticed the pods are a bit slimmer on the 2020 which is welcome seeing that this is already a bulkier shoe than most. I think the 2020 pods are more in line with the OG. So they are “there” but not overly huge like past retro versions which a good thing. Slims the shoe down.
Cuz I like my sneakers like I like my women... THICC.

I know sizing is such a difficult topic, but perhaps someone can shed somlight relative to other recent Jordans?

Jordan 1s: I wear size 10 but can make 9.5 work.

Jordan 3s: I have the 2018 BC3s in size 10. I find it tight with the pinky toe so I use wooden shoe trees in to try and stretch it out. I got the recent RC3s in 10.5 and find those are actually a little too roomy but I heard those actually did seem to run big. I have the animal instinct 3s in size 10 and these fit great. I also heard those ran big, or at least compared to the 2018 BC3s.

Jordan 4s: I have both the Travis Scott’s and recent black cements in size 10 and I can’t help but feel I’d prefer those in 10.5.

Jordan 11s: I have both the recent concords and Playoffs in size 10 and it works.

All in all, I have these coming in size 10 and curious if I should try to get 9.5 as well if these do run big according to some.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know sizing is such a difficult topic, but perhaps someone can shed somlight relative to other recent Jordans?

Jordan 3s: I have the 2018 BC3s in size 10. I find it tight with the pinky toe so I use wooden shoe trees in to try and stretch it out. I got the recent RC3s in 10.5 and find those are actually a little too roomy but I heard those actually did seem to run big. I have the animal instinct 3s in size 10 and these fit great. I also heard those ran big, or at least compared to the 2018 BC3s.

Jordan 4s: I have both the Travis Scott’s and recent black cements in size 10 and I can’t help but feel I’d prefer those in 10.5.

Jordan 11s: I have both the recent concords and Playoffs in size 10 and it works.

All in all, I have these coming in size 10 and curious if I should try to get 9.5 as well if these do run big according to some.

Thanks!

Size 10.

Usually wear a 9 on all my Jordan’s but these recents 3’s and 5’s I got a 8.5 and they fit good

Thanks!

Typically I wear a 9.5 in Nike/Jordan. I bought these in a 9.5 and I felt too much room in the toebox so I just ordered a 1/2 size down today. When I compared these to my BC3, they are the same length, but for some reason these just feel bigger. It's possible the padding and insole thickness is different which give it a looser feel.

Thanks!

Get the same size as you get in Jordan 1s and Jordan 11s. Sure you can make any size “work” but why would you want to? What some dudes don’t understand is that sizing down sounds good and will feel fine when you try on the shoe but once you start walking around for a prolonged period of time you quickly find that you end up with a shoe that yes “fits” but is uncomfortable and way tighter than it needs to be. That’s why sizing questions irk me so much because Jordan’s have been TTS since their existence IMO. There is no they “run big/run small” with basic Jordans. It sounds like you’re a true size 10 so get the size 10 and don’t complicate things. These are TTS unless you absolutely insist on sizing down. You asked for a sizing opinion, well there’s mine lol.

Get the same size as you get in Jordan 1s and Jordan 11s. Sure you can make any size “work” but why would you want to? What some dudes don’t understand is that sizing down sounds good and will feel fine when you try on the shoe but once you start walking around for a prolonged period of time you quickly find that you end up with a shoe that yes “fits” but is uncomfortable and way tighter than it needs to be. That’s why sizing questions irk me so much because Jordan’s have been TTS since their existence IMO. There is no they “run big/run small” with basic Jordans. It sounds like you’re a true size 10 so get the size 10 and don’t complicate things. These are TTS unless you absolutely insist on sizing down. You asked for a sizing opinion, well there’s mine lol.

did you get the last true blue 3's? those were super small. I couldn't even get my TTS on my feet.

Thanks!

my recommendation is 9.5.

I went half a size up and it feels like a whole size up,In the toe area. There’s no heel slippage. These don’t feel like the latest og metallic 5s.
to Toe box area feels like Air Force ones. I would say true to size = half size up.

I agree with this big time, I have a majority of the numbered sig line 1-34... And the 34s are the only shoe in the whole line that my size 11 doesn’t fit. Had to step up to an 11.5 on those..

I’m always kinda amazed with all the sizing questions on here.. like I literally don’t think about buying anything but a size 11, and they fit perfect on everything but the 34s..

if you are just talking the length of the shoe, then I agree that it's pretty consistent. but the width and overall space inside of the shoe is not always the same. and width of one's foot affects the feel of the shoe.

This
I have never had an uncomfortable Nike 10.5 sneaker, size 10 fits me 75% of the time.

I laugh sometimes when I’m watching shoe-tubers and they have 4 different shoe sizes in their personal collection.

For me the half size difference makes them feel less bulky. I couldn't explain it until I put both shoes next to each other. Left pair is 9 and right pair is 9.5. I didn't think it would be such a noticeable difference, but it is.

My professionally measured size is 9.5. I had 9.5s on the 2013 version and they are fine. I'm 9.5 on every other Jordan.

20200510_122433.jpg

I'm sure most of us here know our own feet by now. I know when I slip on a new pair of any shoes, I immediately know it will be good or if I get that slight hesitation on the back of my head where "I can make them work."

For me, getting my TTS was fine, but when I half sized down, it clicked right away when I slipped on the pair. It was home. I realize most folks don't have the option to try both, but if you can, try half size down and see if it works for you.

After having wore these for a good few hours I like the way these fit, normally the Vs in my TTS kill my pinky toes... not these joints, my pinky toes aren’t screaming at me.

Back
Top Bottom