Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Forgot to post pics of my pair when I got it in.
E2D42F2A-E1F3-45DD-ADD4-6F6754462EC2.jpeg
2E4B9B15-115E-4F7D-AC66-2DB09EBEE0AF.jpeg
7CA436FC-B173-4DAB-A0B4-D4BBD2C301E8.jpeg

So you guys really telling me these fit different from the 2013s? I may grab a 12 but I usually wear a 11-11.5

Not sure of all the half size down talk. These fit like any other 5 I have owned IMO. Got one in my usual 11 and one in 10.5 just based off of what people were saying in here. 10.5 felt restricted where 11 was perfect as always.

No worries. Let dudes walk around in shoes that are too tight if they wish. These are definitely TTS.

You just need to try to them on For yourself. I went half a size up and they were comfortable. Almost felt rommy around the toe area. The toe area of the sneaker creased easily. If you go true to size it’s more of a lock down fit but my toes don’t hurt, no creasing. The Metallics felt different not sure if it was the material but when I went a half size up it had that lockdown fit. Once again everyone’s feet are different.

This is the type of shoe that I feel like both TTS and .5 down works. You can't go wrong with either or (personal preference). If im just sitting on my chair and slipping my foot into my TTS just to see if it fits really quick , in my head yeah it fits. When I really start walking with it during the day, thats when you realize sometimes its a little looser than you thought. I went .5 down on these for more of a secure fit, I think theyre very slightlyyyy more roomier than your average imo. Maybe not enough to warrant going down for others so I can see the TTS comments. What really boggles me....are the people saying they are going up half a size.......lol.

Everybody has a different foot. I'm a TTS 9.5 and 9.5 on every other AJ. I bought a 9 and 9.5, and I preferred the fit of the 9.

same here w/ 10 and 9.5
always wore 10 in Nikes and even in prior Vs
tried both sizes for these and like the 9.5 better
no pain or tightness after wearing them all day and they're not broken in yet

some acting like it's impossible to be between half sizes
i agree that if you're in doubt just get your TTS
i could've made a 10 work if i needed to

The BM toe box is actually more of the correct rand shape. It's not supposed to be so short like these FRs; it's supposed to be slanted. BMs didn't have the fully correct slant, but with these FRs they just made the cut shorter instead of trying to get the slant right. Toe box shape doesn't look good to me at all. Interesting how some think that looks right. These aren't 3s where that rand is supposed to be so much thinner than we've been getting, despite having a slant or not.

Google images of vintage 5s and you'll see. Don't mistaken the height of that cut with the slant.

The BM toe box is actually more of the correct rand shape. It's not supposed to be so short like these FRs; it's supposed to be slanted. BMs didn't have the fully correct slant, but with these FRs they just made the cut shorter instead of trying to get the slant right. Toe box shape doesn't look good to me at all. Interesting how some think that looks right. These aren't 3s where that rand is supposed to be so much thinner than we've been getting, despite having a slant or not.

Google images of vintage 5s and you'll see. Don't mistaken the height of that cut with the slant.
Yeah the correct is somewhere between the two we've gotten.

I absolutely love the Fire Red toe comparatively.

079E5C70-F0E4-44B3-AA6D-2EABE9E80E45.jpeg

B625ADEE-9F30-4E29-AF2F-C67B6157CF23.jpeg

I'm an OG purest snob when it comes to details but the newer toe style on these FR's is 1000x's better IMO. The bigger toe rand looks terrible and reminds me of a Jack Purcell almost. :lol:

This is probably the only deviation from an OG that I approve of.

I'm becoming a ghost hunter trying to find an 11 here in ATL. Every store I go to just sold a return before I got there.... Just need a legit size 11.... thats all.
I'm just deciding between the 2 pairs I have. 11.5 and 11. If I don't want the 11 I'll let you know. I'd want retail in Canada - which is what I paid, plus shipping to you.

Back
Top Bottom