Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Sooooo my order shipped, but no longer available with Foot Locker? I don't get it. Tried calling and the number is out of service. And I have a charge on my account. No tracking number.... never seen this before
What day did you order from FTL?

Hyping myself up for first delivery tomorrow. Some people preferring that hilariously thick 2013 toe rand? :smh: No, Mars.
8B60B79A-3465-48B0-8611-DEE673E1AC76.png
4E10C445-3A88-454B-9467-56BB1F186966.png
EE99E130-F28F-4DAF-A15A-5E9C1C67CC09.png

I’ve hated most of the retro Vs because of the toebox. Hate how they curl up after so many wears, like fat bananas.

Fellas, those of us that ordered from FTL w/ the backordered 4/27/20 date should receive shipping info. I checked my order status and my order is preparing to ship and the 4/27 backordered info is no longer showing
What time did you order on Saturday and what size?

Fellas, those of us that ordered from FTL w/ the backordered 4/27/20 date should receive shipping info. I checked my order status and my order is preparing to ship and the 4/27 backordered info is no longer showing

yup ordered 4:30 PST saturday and had the order status changed this morning. showing unit ready to ship for me now so a matter of time before tracking shows

edit: looks like i just got tracking from FTL and showing a delivery date of next monday May 11. hopefully it’ll come sooner but hope y’all start getting tracking soon

Last edited:
The toe looks a bazillion times better on these... I’m in love :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :nthat: :nthat:
The overall toe shape definitely looks better. But it’s almost an illusion. Shortening the the cut on the toe rand makes it look less bulbous but it also makes it look way off from top down. Too wide. Nike needs to get back to doing the rolled toe like they did back in 2000 and prior.

Imo this shoe was a nice try. It’s not a slap in the face like most of the past retros but there’s a ton of room for improvement. Besides the toebox, which still isn’t fixed, the material is disappointing. Sure it’s not as stiff as the 2013 but it’s not the soft, defect-free and crease-resistant synthetic leather they used on the og and the 2000. That original material (durabuck) isn’t particularly “nice” but it makes for the perfect white upper on a sneaker.

My footlocker pair shipped which i ordered late in the afternoon on 5/2. As of yesterday, it said backordered 4/27/20. Today it says shipped. Tomorrow morning the tracking should be available.

just edited my post, but just got tracking for my order, should prob get yours soon

The overall toe shape definitely looks better. But it’s almost an illusion. Shortening the the cut on the toe rand makes it look less bulbous but it also makes it look way off from top down. Too wide. Nike needs to get back to doing the rolled toe like they did back in 2000 and prior.

Imo this shoe was a nice try. It’s not a slap in the face like most of the past retros but there’s a ton of room for improvement. Besides the toebox, which still isn’t fixed, the material is disappointing. Sure it’s not as stiff as the 2013 but it’s not the soft, defect-free and crease-resistant synthetic leather they used on the og and the 2000. That original material (durabuck) isn’t particularly “nice” but it makes for the perfect white upper on a sneaker.

Crease resistant? Defect free? That’s the first I heard of such thing. So are you saying the OGs and the 2000s didn’t crease? Because um...

It was shipped boxed same as snkrs. Low key sucks boxed is ripped but oh well.

It’s cool it’s just a box. Plus I didn’t want to risk waiting possibly over a week to get a new pair. I’ll live with it.
Yeah I wouldn't either, I'd just deal with it even though I'd be pretty irritated. When I got my Jordan 1 UNC to CHI the girl came from out back with the box and it was pretty wrecked. I almost asked for another pair but it was a raffle win and I figured they would have mentioned that as the reason for not being able to switch it out. They actually staple a small strip of paper on the box itself that has your name on it when they do a raffle. This was at FinishLine.

FTL shipping all over the place.. I guess those gettin shipping updates were from select sizes left in warehouse/stores. Mine still has the back ordered 4/27 date (10.5), it’s whatever. Luckily, I have another comin in Thurs from overseas.

My pair comes in tomorrow from lapstone.

excited to see what the leather looks like in person, hoping it isn’t too glossy. A flatter white would’ve been perfect on these. From the pics I’ve seen it looks like that leather from the varsity red 6s(last retro I had that seems comparable).

Footlocker just cancelled one of my pairs. Oh well, I impulse bought from them anyway. I already received my pair from SOTF and DTLR is working on the other pair for my pops. For those of you that ordered from footlocker late in the day and even received a confirmation email, be mindful that there exists the possibility of a cancellation email. I hope if you really wanted a pair though, you do get it

Back
Top Bottom