Air Jordan V Toro Bravo (Raging Bull) Pack Release Date Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by eastbayrudy

Originally Posted by kevineg6

this pack is a failure, if the value didn't go above retail now, they never will. The color way and the quality is just wack.

You obviously dont know anything.

Why you mad? Guess you bought multi packs and having a hard time flipping them right now. Showo me one package that the value goes up and they didn't sellout the first day in the past few years. JB shoes now is so predictable, if they didn't sell out the first day they will never gain any value in thefuture. especially these poor quality packs. Pack that goes up in value: DMP, CDP 6/17, CDP 11/12 etc and the price sky rocket before and after the release andsettle down a little after a few months. Non of these packs every goes on sale or can be bought under retail (not talking about if you have hookup) Pack thatgoes down in value: BMP, CDP 1/22, 2/21, 3/20, 4/19, 5/18...so on. The price of them only spike up a little before the release date then its went down thedrain ever after the RD. And these V packages are on ebay right now under retail and you seriously think they will go up in price. I'm not trying to knockon the people that actually like them but those who think they can flip them to make a few buck or to look at them as an "investment".

Originally Posted by NoIntroNeeded

Originally Posted by pelimpe

really cnt afford to invest $310.00 and wait 5-7 years to prolly end up making 2 -3 bills over initial investement..... mmmm

who knows where i ll be in 5-7 years....

invest? LOL..sound like a reseller to me.
roll.gif
WOW

what i found funny about this statement was reading his signature under the post...it says he is selling his jordan dmp2 pack for cost....not hating on him forselling them at cost....just thought it was funny how he says they are a good investment but he is selling them currently..

Attention (likely only helpful info to resellers): I ended up with 2 packs of DMP2s by mistake when I only wanted one. I know everyone has been saying ALLSALES FINAL NO RETURNS ETC. but thats only through in-store purchases. I picked up a pair from Footlocker.com ,but i wasn't sure if the order was gonna gothrough, so i picked up an additional pair from NDC just incase. Footlocker ended up coming through so I called to cancel the order. They didn't let mecancel but they said I could return it since the website didn't state no returns

Lol at the guy who said they wont reseller for more in 5 years. I'm going to bring this post back in 5-7 years and laugh at all the fools who didn'tcop. When people are offering 300-500 for the red suedes alone.

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness2

Lol at the guy who said they wont reseller for more in 5 years. I'm going to bring this post back in 5-7 years and laugh at all the fools who didn't cop. When people are offering 300-500 for the red suedes alone.

eek.gif
Idk about all that...Maybe 250 for the Red Suedes...They'lldefinantly be worth more...but not...THAT much more...atleast IDK...

Originally Posted by Magical Kicks

Originally Posted by pelimpe

really cnt afford to invest $310.00 and wait 5-7 years to prolly end up making 2 -3 bills over initial investement..... mmmm

who knows where i ll be in 5-7 years....

Agreed. After factoring in inflation and the time value of money...the rate of return on these DMP2s will be butt cheeks. You're better off cop'ing some gold and silver ETF shares.

lmao. Someone just took their first finance/econ class.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Nope i have seen them all, i remember people saying this about the DTRT IIIs, and those Olympic 6s and other hideous JB concoctions
and there is no way an increase of demand on them, and same with this Pack.

I only tried on the 3Ms, and they were horrible, doesnt even feel like a Shoe you would pay $80 for. The Tongue is the worst, its straight up plastic compared to 06' Retro
hmm.... something else i didnt wanna hear.
don't believe everything you hear
eyes.gif
Yea, its true, you dont have to believe me, but anyone that owns a pair of any of the 06' Retro 5s can really feel the significant differencein quality, and we're talking about the Retros, not even touching base on how the OGs were built.

Yea, the soles are icy in the DMPs and the quality of the Suede is OK, but the toe-box and overall comfort and quality of the shoes are just horrible. My 06Fire Reds fits like a glove and to touch base on the Tongue of the DMPs, the Retros in 06 are puffy and soft, the DMPs are almost a hard plastic that justfeels clanky on your feet.

Nope i have seen them all, i remember people saying this about the DTRT IIIs, and those Olympic 6s and other hideous JB concoctions

I only tried on the 3Ms, and they were horrible, doesnt even feel like a Shoe you would pay $80 for. The Tongue is the worst, its straight up plastic compared to 06' Retro
eyes.gif
Yea, its true, you dont have to believe me, but anyone that owns a pair of any of the 06' Retro 5s can really feel the significant difference in quality, and we're talking about the Retros, not even touching base on how the OGs were built.

Yea, the soles are icy in the DMPs and the quality of the Suede is OK, but the toe-box and overall comfort and quality of the shoes are just horrible. My 06 Fire Reds fits like a glove and to touch base on the Tongue of the DMPs, the Retros in 06 are puffy and soft, the DMPs are almost a hard plastic that just feels clanky on your feet.

I think the issue is that your feet and ankles are just extremely crappy and poorly constructed themselves....and you're mistakenly blaming these new DMP2shoes. Ever considered that?
smile.gif

I'd be the 1st to admit I'm overly cynical, & that it's a character flaw of mine. That said? ..I really don't understand all thenegativity aimed at JB. Not for nothin', but you can name numerous pop culture happenings/scenes that: "aren't what they used to be".Hip-hop's no different, rock & roll, the list goes on. Once something gets a certain size, and enough money is involved, things fall thru the cracks& the overall starts to deteriorate. Funny thing about life cycles ..they are CYCLES. Blah. Sayin'tho.

I get it, I was there ..I had these shoes before there WERE OG's. I remeber rubbing the suede on my VI's at 12 years old, and being totally in lovew/that shoe. I see how the quality has slipped. That said? ..what IS what it: "used to be"?

Our country has been at war for a decade plus, we have fat/below avg. intellects in our schools, LOOK AROUND.
I LOVE kicks, but they only kicks. We should all be glad we still get JB in any form, and that it hasn't completely destroyed itself yet.

A lot of ya'll actin'like this pack was put together by 3rd graders in some makeshift craft class, and it's just not accurate.

I have no intention of aiming this at any ONE poster, or I'd have quoted. If you read thru this thread tho', quite a large number of heads say thequality of this pack is garbage. I think this is an issue of people blinded by their own personal inability to be objective. It's like how some people loveKobe so much, that their response to a LeBron fan is: "oh, he sucks" ...OBVIOUSLY that's not an accurate desc. of him. Feel what I'mgettin'at? ..it's as if instead of dudes sayin'; "Nah', just aint'felin'these" ..they say: "these are trash"..because someone else said it. It's so ugly. Real talk. Have your own opinion, please.

These are obviously not as well constructed as they were in the 90's, but they aren't horrible either.

Daps to all of you who give/gave the advice: cop what you LIKE. ..THAT, is what this "should" be about.

Bottomline, to each their own. Just a shame there aren't more objective voices shouting from the gallery's all. Blah.

Originally Posted by agold1002

people will be sleeping on these because they are different. If JB is gonna survive they are gonning to need to retro the classic and because these are so different if you keep these ice they will be $$$$$$$$$$$$ in the future.
exactly my thoughts! Give the beasts 5-7 years with these. First all red V and its suede, with multicolor flames! People are going to beastttttttttt for them in 5-7 years.

eyes.gif
youre right..... i still planned on going to the store and checking them out myself, but some comments make me concerned.

If you pay over retail for these, you are STUPID......

These are sitting EVERYWHERE in the DMV.

I will pick a pair of these up once they go on sale.

I'm a sucker for Red and suede so both together made this pack a must cop for me and the 3ms were like a bonus so I'm satisfied with the pack

Originally Posted by I Stay Lift

I'd be the 1st to admit I'm overly cynical, & that it's a character flaw of mine. That said? ..I really don't understand all the negativity aimed at JB. Not for nothin', but you can name numerous pop culture happenings/scenes that: "aren't what they used to be". Hip-hop's no different, rock & roll, the list goes on. Once something gets a certain size, and enough money is involved, things fall thru the cracks & the overall starts to deteriorate. Funny thing about life cycles ..they are CYCLES. Blah. Sayin'tho.

I get it, I was there ..I had these shoes before there WERE OG's. I remeber rubbing the suede on my VI's at 12 years old, and being totally in love w/that shoe. I see how the quality has slipped. That said? ..what IS what it: "used to be"?

Our country has been at war for a decade plus, we have fat/below avg. intellects in our schools, LOOK AROUND.
I LOVE kicks, but they only kicks. We should all be glad we still get JB in any form, and that it hasn't completely destroyed itself yet.

A lot of ya'll actin'like this pack was put together by 3rd graders in some makeshift craft class, and it's just not accurate.

I have no intention of aiming this at any ONE poster, or I'd have quoted. If you read thru this thread tho', quite a large number of heads say the quality of this pack is garbage. I think this is an issue of people blinded by their own personal inability to be objective. It's like how some people love Kobe so much, that their response to a LeBron fan is: "oh, he sucks" ...OBVIOUSLY that's not an accurate desc. of him. Feel what I'm gettin'at? ..it's as if instead of dudes sayin'; "Nah', just aint'felin'these" ..they say: "these are trash" ..because someone else said it. It's so ugly. Real talk. Have your own opinion, please.

These are obviously not as well constructed as they were in the 90's, but they aren't horrible either.

Daps to all of you who give/gave the advice: cop what you LIKE. ..THAT, is what this "should" be about.

Bottomline, to each their own. Just a shame there aren't more objective voices shouting from the gallery's all. Blah.

PREACH!

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

If you pay over retail for these, you are STUPID......

These are sitting EVERYWHERE in the DMV.

I will pick a pair of these up once they go on sale.

These are not going on sale.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Lol at the guy who said they wont reseller for more in 5 years. I'm going to bring this post back in 5-7 years and laugh at all the fools who didn't cop. When people are offering 300-500 for the red suedes alone.

eek.gif
Idk about all that...Maybe 250 for the Red Suedes...They'll definantly be worth more...but not...THAT much more...atleast IDK...
UHHH
eek.gif

MAYBE AROUND $250 - $300 BUT NOT $500 BRO I KNOW THEY ARE GOOD AND I RELLY LIKE THEM---
BUT THEY WONT COST THAT MUCH IN THE FUTURE

"I stay lift"....good post. I also grew up with the brand through the 90's and see both the upside and down ofwhere the brand is right now. "Take it or leave it" is a good approach that we as consumers are taking....what other brands do we know of thateveryone likes everything all of the time? It just doesn't work that way. Pick your favorite music artist and tell me you like 100% of everything they putout. If you say yes you do to that....well....um...you're completely blinded or obsessed or something.

What confuses me is that if this pack was more limited and was selling for $500+ on ebay right now, this thread would have avery different tone to it. It also seems to me that many of the younger "collectors" base their opinion of each release based on its resell factor. Iwon't hide the fact that I resell myself (like 90+ percent of people on this board it seems), but am also man enough to form my own opinions. I just wishthe two (high resell = good release) weren't so co-related.

If you dig the shoes....buy em. For whatever purpose. But don't hate on them because you intended only to profit from themand didn't. That's what I observe from my perspective.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom