Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

What's wrong with the Carmine's? Why are people returning them? What's with all these holes.. LOL pause.

dude, you were the one that kicked off the recent convo.

don't ask for the reasons then try and poop on the people that reply.

Nah wrong guy. I stopped caring about anything JB used on sneakers, I'm just satisfied by the colors. If I had an issue with the leather I wouldn't have damn near went crazy trying to get a second pair

guess I took your sarcasm as a genuine question.

Ohh nah I didn't know people were returning them cause of the leather I saw someone talking about three holes or something so I assumed the sneaker had a major flaw where they looked fake and people were returning them. I know the leathers weak.. I wore em the other day and they creased up crazy on me, but I always wanted the colorway so I'm not that bothered

Nah wrong guy. I stopped caring about anything JB used on sneakers, I'm just satisfied by the colors. If I had an issue with the leather I wouldn't have damn near went crazy trying to get a second pair
These dudes constantly complaining about quality but continuously making it rain on Jordan and Nike every weekend.

If you don't like it don't buy it.  While I'm not the biggest fan of quality right now either, I accept that if I want the shoe now in 2014 for retail that is just what I'm going to have to deal with.

Well, since I don't have CDPs, and ain't trying to break the bread for them, guess what? I will be pimpin the eff outta these! LOL my foots quality has decreased over the years about as much as JBs products, so it all works out... [emoji]128513[/emoji]

These dudes constantly complaining about quality but continuously making it rain on Jordan and Nike every weekend.
If you don't like it don't buy it.  While I'm not the biggest fan of quality right now either, I accept that if I want the shoe now in 2014 for retail that is just what I'm going to have to deal with.
while I agree to a certain extent, its hard to tell the "quality" of some aspects until you get them in hand. that's why im moving my carmines. not dealing with these at all. not happy.

Well, since I don't have CDPs, and ain't trying to break the bread for them, guess what? I will be pimpin the eff outta these! LOL my foots quality has decreased over the years about as much as JBs products, so it all works out... [emoji]128513[/emoji]

:lol: good way to look at things. id rather just catch someone slipping and cop the CDP for a good price.

Ohh nah I didn't know people were returning them cause of the leather I saw someone talking about three holes or something so I assumed the sneaker had a major flaw where they looked fake and people were returning them. I know the leathers weak.. I wore em the other day and they creased up crazy on me, but I always wanted the colorway so I'm not that bothered

gotcha... im moving mine because of the leather. that's the only thing I have real issue with.
had a flashback of when I wore the last military 4s once and they looked like I balled in them for a year :lol:

If you're not planning on wearing the shoe, the quality should matter less.
If you ARE planning on wearing the shoe, well wouldn't you be better off with a 2014 release vs whenever the CDP was released.
If both are poor quality but the CDP is just "a better lower quality", then it's got to be already starting to fall apart etc. a d you've got to be near "idiot" status to purchase a shoe dropped years ago when you can grab a 2014 model with low quality but BRAND DAMN NEW (If you are going to wear it) Right?

Last edited:
If you ARE planning on wearing the shoe, well wouldn't you be better off with a 2014 release vs whenever the CDP was released.
If both are poor quality but the CDP is just "a better lower quality", then it's got to be already starting to fall apart etc. a d you've got to be near "idiot" status to purchase a shoe dropped years ago when you can grab a 2014 model with low quality but BRAND DAMN NEW (If you are going to wear it) Right?

Naw

It's just people nit picking again about "quality" differences between shoes like always...even the most negligible of differences often gets perpetuated into a bigger deal than it is...

Having both shoes in my hand at one time, I prefer the 08 cdp model, but that is personal preference only. Also, the cdp model is still very capable of being worn even if it in ds condition, but the 14 model is obviously primed for wear immediately.

Based on circumstances, there really is no right or wrong between each retro. They both come with flaws and differences.

When was this "CDP"released?

08. They aren't falling apart.

If I want to wear the shoe, there is no way I'm buying a 6yr old shoe, when I can buy a 14 model. It just isn't going to happen. No matter how poor the quality on the 14 pair, it's surely got to outlast an 08 produced CDP.
Example, if I had both right now DS, and started wearing them everyday and alternating them, which do you suppose is going to fall apart first CDP or 14?

You don't get what I'm trying to ask bigj505 bigj505 ?
It's a simple question. I'm sorry you don't understand.
Has nothing to do with being uninformed. At all. So I could give 2 cares what you think, because it does sound like you're picking. It's a question, answer it or don't, but keep it moving either way if not.

Question.
If you wear the shoes, do you want a 7year old DS pair, or a 7day old DS PAIR? Can you understand that?

Question.
If you wear the shoes, do you want a 7year old DS pair, or a 7day old DS PAIR? Can you understand that?

Because your paragraphs show you don't know what you are talking about.
The cdp isn't falling apart due to age.
If you wear each daily starting from today, it's unlikely the cdp will fall apart due to the reasons you think.
Shoes fall apart due to glue drying and midsoles drying out. That doesn't happen if they are worn.

That's why you can find some used shoes from 99 that can still be worn. As a matter if fact, people that want to wear them would prefer a worn pair vs a new pair.

Everyone has a line they draw before they say it's enough. It's obvious that people haven't hit that line yet but I have.

Some retro jordans are solid. Some aren't and I have a ton of other shoes I can spend my money on vs just buying shoes because I just wanted to say I have them.

Paragraphs? They were questions? How could I claim to be schooling someone or dropping knowledge, if I'm asking a question? Whatever man,I'm not even going to read your replies. You're a hater. You acted like a jerk to me on RD when I asked about being able to trade these while I was in store thinking about buying, when you could have said nothing or provided a quick HELPFUL answer, you don't have to like me - and I don't have to read your replies to me. How's that. Peace

Paragraphs? They were questions? How could I claim to be schooling someone or dropping knowledge, if I'm asking a question? Whatever man,I'm not even going to read your replies. You're a hater. You acted like a jerk to me on RD when I asked about being able to trade these while I was in store thinking about buying, when you could have said nothing or provided a quick HELPFUL answer, you don't have to like me - and I don't have to read your replies to me. How's that. Peace

Let me take a step back and apologize.
Maybe I'm reading your remarks wrong. If you are genuinely asking a question instead trying to make a point then I'd have to say I don't think there is anything wrong with the cdp that would deter me from buying it over these as long as the price is right.
I just take huge issue with my foot in the shoe and the ankle area creases like an accordion. I know that's not how 6s do when I wear them.

It's just people nit picking again about "quality" differences between shoes like always...even the most negligible of differences often gets perpetuated into a bigger deal than it is...

Having both shoes in my hand at one time, I prefer the 08 cdp model, but that is personal preference only. Also, the cdp model is still very capable of being worn even if it in ds condition, but the 14 model is obviously primed for wear immediately.

Based on circumstances, there really is no right or wrong between each retro. They both come with flaws and differences.

That's what I was wondering. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Nice to know the CDP of years ago is still holding "very wearable" because, before these dropped, when someone got an early release in here, cats were talking about how the CDP were poor quality as well, so if that's the case, other than these 14's looking cheap, and being described as low quality, If I go ahead and grab a pair then, because I will only wear this colorway a few times per year, I can expect to have this shoe well into the next decade, that's why I was asking, repped

For those who don't know I missed out on these during release day. I got off work at midnight before the release, and slept through all my alarms leading up to it, so of course I arrived to the mall late that morning. The first mall I drove by had a line a mile long so I didn't even bother and drove to another one where a friend told me the line only held about 20 or so people. I managed to get there, but sadly the store had maybe 5-7 adult pairs, and the rest were all youths. ( :smh: ) Even still, to my surprise, when I got home I managed to get these into my cart on FNL's Mobile Site. Sadly, the dreaded credit card fail issue hit me hard that morning and I was unable to check out. I tried maybe 30 times, again and again, until FNL tweeted that my size was sold out.

Since then i'd resigned myself to just not having these, when a friend came through for me tonight. He managed to purchase them on release day, but by the time they arrived in the mail he no longer wanted them. He announced on his facebook that he was letting them go for retail + tax ($181) , and I quickly messaged him asking if he could wait till we could meet up and i'd take them. It took a week to get our schedules together, but tonight, just within the past hour, I finally managed to get the Carmine Vl's:

He hadn't even taken them out of the box they were shipped in. I'm grateful to him honestly. He likes shoes like everyone on here does, he buys them fairly often, he's part of facebook groups; so he's aware that he easily could've sold these for over retail, $200 at the least, and yet he still let me get them for retail anyways, because he just didn't want them. He only wanted his money back and to give them to a person who did want them. Have nothing but respect for him. (Sorry for the rant :lol: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom