Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

TO ME, MY OPINION, I don't see a point in hoarding kicks just cause they're an OG color way, its a retro, they will retro again.
oh this is what you were getting at? tell me.... how many times have 6's retroed in white and the OG infrared tone?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help you guys. Haven't bought retro J's since the Aqua 8s. Before raffles and overnights existed for regular GRs.

oh this is what you were getting at? tell me.... how many times have 6's retroed in white and the OG infrared tone?
Simple, a white/red 6 has retroed 3 times now. From now on, when they do retro these they will use this shade or something very close to it. I wasn't talking color itself though, materials, the NA on the back and insole. Which we won't see anytime soon so it is what it is, I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was saying I don't/won't understand it.

we were talking about OG colorways. the OG infrared tone has only been retroed 1 time on the white 6, arguably (2014). i'll post that perfect pair video again for anyone if I have to.

moving on though..

Really dislike those matching shirts for Js.
same here. i bought a  shirt  w a glow in the dark solar yeezy on it and cant bring myself to wear it.  on the other hand in the late 80s and early 90s i did wear jordan shirts with my ogs. but it was a different time, and i was a different age. to each his own i guess

Lol that and those "sneaker head" shirts 
mean.gif
 I can't get with that movement.

same here. i bought a  shirt  w a glow in the dark solar yeezy on it and cant bring myself to wear it.  on the other hand in the late 80s and early 90s i did wear jordan shirts with my ogs. but it was a different time, and i was a different age. to each his own i guess
Exactly. I'll be honest though, if they came back out with all the vintage gear that used to come with the shoes, I might be into that. Like the Flight shirts/shorts, those tough track pants that went with the 1s, and so on. I'm surprised Nike or JB haven't got to retro-ing the clothes for the 80s/90s.

Every once in a while i'll get one, but its in the same way that every once in a while i'll get some matching socks or shorts like I did for the Green Glow IV's. I think matching every single pair of J's you have with an outfit from FNL or FTL is lame, but just have a few matching items every now and again is fine. Especially as not every shirt they come out with is bad.

Last edited:

It depends. These shirts just cater to the sneaker "culture" with all these lame themes. I still wear some shirts with my kicks, but good shirts are few and far between. ..

One of my favorite shirts. I have it in white and grey. I wear this with whatever Jordans I have that go with it. Mostly OG's because for ME, I remember this campaign when they were advertising it on tv. For me it intrinsically goes with the shoe. Now, all kids have are blogs, IG, and whatever outlet throwing gimmicks and regurgitations of shirts like this. There's no connection or context other than hype with the shoes now.

It depends. These shirts just cater to the sneaker "culture" with all these lame themes. I still wear some shirts with my kicks, but good shirts are few and far between.

One of my favorite shirts. I have it in white and grey. I wear this with whatever Jordans I have that go with it. Mostly OG's because for ME, I remember this campaign when they were advertising it on tv. For me it intrinsically goes with the shoe. Now, all kids have are blogs, IG, and whatever outlet throwing gimmicks and regurgitations of shirts like this. There's no connection or context other than hype with the shoes now.
I wouldn't say there is no connection, I would say the connections/context are like the shirts, few and far between. I don't have a direct connection to the Jordan era being born in '92, but I have a very strong connection to the game of basketball, a game I love dearly on both collegiate and professional levels. I love everything about it from the way it's played to all of the gear that the players themselves use, whether it be shoes, socks, jerseys, practice jerseys, shorts, etc.

That's what I believe is missing, kids these days buy basketball shoes with no love for basketball itself. How can you appreciate something you know nothing of? Instead of selectively buying their kicks, they basically buy in bulk in hopes of impressing the next person.

So to me, Jordan's represent the golden era of basketball (My Knicks were actually doing something back then too 
mean.gif
). The ads, slogans, "Mars Blackmon", all of those things are just bonuses to me. I love the shoes and how Michael played in the shoes, I was one of those kids that when the white/cement 4s were handed down to me in 2002, I really thought the bubble was the reason I was grabbing net. When my mom bought me Iversons, I thought I'd be able to break ankles, drive, and automatically get a wild and-1, I guess you can say I was in my own version of My Player. The headband gave me +4 mid-range 
pimp.gif

It depends. These shirts just cater to the sneaker "culture" with all these lame themes. I still wear some shirts with my kicks, but good shirts are few and far between.

I wouldn't say there is no connection, I would say the connections/context are like the shirts, few and far between. I don't have a direct connection to the Jordan era being born in '92, but I have a very strong connection to the game of basketball, a game I love dearly on both collegiate and professional levels. I love everything about it from the way it's played to all of the gear that the players themselves use, whether it be shoes, socks, jerseys, practice jerseys, shorts, etc.

That's what I believe is missing, kids these days buy basketball shoes with no love for basketball itself. How can you appreciate something you know nothing of? Instead of selectively buying their kicks, they basically buy in bulk in hopes of impressing the next person.

So to me, Jordan's represent the golden era of basketball (My Knicks were actually doing something back then too 
mean.gif
). The ads, slogans, "Mars Blackmon", all of those things are just bonuses to me. I love the shoes and how Michael played in the shoes, I was one of those kids that when the white/cement 4s were handed down to me in 2002, I really thought the bubble was the reason I was grabbing net. When my mom bought me Iversons, I thought I'd be able to break ankles, drive, and automatically get a wild and-1, I guess you can say I was in my own version of My Player. The headband gave me +4 mid-range 
pimp.gif
First of all, you read too much into what I said. That last sentence you highlighted, I was talking about the newer versions of the Mars Blackmon shirts. Kids see that now and have ZERO clue as to who the character is, but it looks cool to see some dude hold up the latest Saturday release. It sucks from my POV being older and knowing better, but it is what it is. I just don't buy. When I posted the pic of the actual print ad, that does hold a connection. Why? Because as a kid growing up then, you watch basketball and you see the commercial on tv, watch the games, want the shoes, and even part of the print ad if you could. See how that connection is built? Versus just seeing an ad on a t shirt that stores are trying to push on you to wear with the latest release to hype it up even more. Where you see the whole slogans as a "bonus" that was part of loving the shoe and was ingrained in the culture more so that just a thing that's "oh, that's nice". Now, I'm not for one bit doubting your love of basketball, but what I just described is the part that gets lost now, that's all. As far as having an issue with kids who don't play ball buying kicks, I hate to break it to you, but that's been going on with shoes. I had issues with that when I was 10 
laugh.gif
, not so much now. The difference is now, Nike and JB cater to those customers now. It justifies them in not using quality material. The tech is old and they're only wearing it for fashion anyway, so that leads to cheap quality. They don't have an incentive to make it better, so why should they? 

First of all, you read too much into what I said. That last sentence you highlighted, I was talking about the newer versions of the Mars Blackmon shirts. Kids see that now and have ZERO clue as to who the character is, but it looks cool to see some dude hold up the latest Saturday release. It sucks from my POV being older and knowing better, but it is what it is. I just don't buy. When I posted the pic of the actual print ad, that does hold a connection. Why? Because as a kid growing up then, you watch basketball and you see the commercial on tv, watch the games, want the shoes, and even part of the print ad if you could. See how that connection is built? Versus just seeing an ad on a t shirt that stores are trying to push on you to wear with the latest release to hype it up even more. Where you see the whole slogans as a "bonus" that was part of loving the shoe and was ingrained in the culture more so that just a thing that's "oh, that's nice". Now, I'm not for one bit doubting your love of basketball, but what I just described is the part that gets lost now, that's all. As far as having an issue with kids who don't play ball buying kicks, I hate to break it to you, but that's been going on with shoes. I had issues with that when I was 10 
laugh.gif
, not so much now. The difference is now, Nike and JB cater to those customers now. It justifies them in not using quality material. The tech is old and they're only wearing it for fashion anyway, so that leads to cheap quality. They don't have an incentive to make it better, so why should they? 
Oh no, I'm agreeing with everything you said lol the only difference is exactly that. I can't relate to what got you and your generation into shoes so instead my connection to them is the game of basketball. Which isn't the case with the majority of people buying em these days and I don't have a problem with that, it's just wild to think that they're really just buying kicks out of being "brainwashed", for a lack of a better term, into buying them. That's why the slogans and ads are just bonuses for me, since I didn't get to experience it in full, I'm grateful I can look back at them and still appreciate them cause I know how important they are. And we don't get to see the cool commercials play on TV like you did, which I bet played a pretty big role in getting the kicks as well. It's crazy how many more are being sold now and we don't even have commercials, ads, slogans, or nothing going on compared to what used to go on when they originally released.

^ Gotchu. Yeah, you right about the brainwashed part. It's sad. I know people say buy what you like and you can certainly do that, the better question to ask though is WHY are you buying what you like, but in capitalism, that's irrelevant 
tired.gif

The commercials for the kicks now are Wale, Drake, Fat Joe, NBA players, blogs, etc. That's Nike's new ad campaign and they are spending even less on advertisements. Lebron's line is current, yet he has no commercials for his line. You have to watch the games to see him change shoes from quarter to quarter and follow his IG. The new marketing strategy is the cross platform format, and you're being exposed every day until you gotta have it. A lot aren't even aware of how it affects them. 

Can't wait for the first nba player to rick these in the playoffs... 

Efff it can't wait for me to rep these in the playoffs. 

30 Day mark is near...

Back
Top Bottom