Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

I stay TTS in all my J's. I'm hoping I can lock up a pair tomorrow so I don't have to deal with the online crap. I know a lot of big state peeps on here but anyone from Arkansas?

Might want to hold off dancing until you out the store bruh...Canadian numbers for GR are still a joke. Unless you got a connect or something. Good luck tho fam I am in the same boat.

Last edited:
Hmm...I always heard CDP > 2011. Myabe I have it backwards then.
I think so at least for the IIIs. The leather on the 2011s were really shiny almost looking greasy. And the midsole paint was glossy too which I didn't like on the shoe personally. I think glossier paint has a chance of paint chipping faster than a paint with a matte finish too but I'm not too sure.

i get both sides with the quality argument. while it doesnt matter all that much.... some of you guys act like these shoes are worth every penny of $170. if you knew what these really cost to make, i have a feeling some of y'all might be complaining about quality a little more.

with that said.... i'm in the boat of NOT SAYING ISH AND JUST BEING HAPPY JB GAVE ME GRAILS!!!! =)
Well they aren't worth that either because honestly you are just paying for the Name and probably maintenance on Nike's end and other stuff that may or may not add up to why they are that price. Also because of inflation. I do agree though just be happy you can get em because I know I don't have my bel-airs and my girl does and every time I see them I have this face
frown.gif
 and there was quality complaints on those too.

i get both sides with the quality argument. while it doesnt matter all that much.... some of you guys act like these shoes are worth every penny of $170. if you knew what these really cost to make, i have a feeling some of y'all might be complaining about quality a little more.

with that said.... i'm in the boat of NOT SAYING ISH AND JUST BEING HAPPY JB GAVE ME GRAILS!!!! =)

Nothing is worth what you pay for it. That is part of business 101. Companies sell things for PROFIT. Do you really think cars are worth 100,000?? The second a Dodge hits asphalt it loses 5 grand in value. Ppl don't cry about the quality of the plastic dashboards in dodges and then go buy new challengers tho. They go buy bmw's. See my point?

Nothing is worth what you pay for it. That is part of business 101. Companies sell things for PROFIT. Do you really think cars are worth 100,000?? The second a Dodge hits asphalt it loses 5 grand in value. Ppl don't cry about the quality of the plastic dashboards in dodges and then go buy new challengers tho. They go buy bmw's. See my point?
well no ish. point is, dudes arent gonna cop adidas.

What incentive does Nike have to raise quality standards when we know people still can't get enough? Unless they charge more, which I would be fine with, and raise standards of materials and labor.

Last edited:
well no ish. point is, dudes arent gonna cop adidas.

Point is y u gonna whine about something u gonna buy regardless of the fact?? Seems dumb now doesn't it especially for those who camp out for hours for something they feel is of inferior quality or overpriced

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

We're Canadian dude. We never win unless we put in some mega homework or luck out.

I'm not dancing til these shoes are in my hands.
speak for yourself buddy, i getting these...i haven't bought a pair of J's in forever. I can't miss out on these. I'm already 0-2

Point is y u gonna whine about something u gonna buy regardless of the fact?? Seems dumb now doesn't it especially for those who camp out for hours for something they feel is of inferior quality or overpriced
like i said.... i understand both sides.

speak for yourself buddy, i getting these...i haven't bought a pair of J's in forever. I can't miss out on these. I'm already 0-2
 If you the first one in line then you can start the dance. She just meant you'll have to put in the effort. Don't show up 10 min before the store opens or something. 

The toe box on these new Carmines are horrendous, why do they have a lump on the tip of the toe box making them look like Aladin slippers.

I'd prefer thicker cuts of leather, but that's not too bad. What's bad is when it's really stiff and plastic-y like on my Black Tongue 5s.

I'm in love with the cut of leather used last year on my Silver tongue 5's and my white grapes, here's why. They both have over 20 wears on them and they look flawless, minor creasing at the toe box and that's it. The cut of hard "plasticky" as you call it is A1 to me because it keeps my shoe looking fresh. I can show pics and you'd think my joints were NDS man. Y'all are on one

I'd prefer thicker cuts of leather, but that's not too bad. What's bad is when it's really stiff and plastic-y like on my Black Tongue 5s.
Yeah man those things :frown: I haven't even worn them yet but when I feel them man those things don't even feel like leather. I do to get on the quality talk when it comes up with jordan retros but that leather quality was wack.

Back
Top Bottom