Air Jordan VI White/Varsity Red **Bulls** (RD: 6/12/10)

I'm liking them. bought as a back up in case I cant land the infra pack for retail. I copped the blk/ varsity when they dropped earlier and plan on trying the garden craft trick with both....
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

Why on earth isn't it discounted on SWOOSH?!!  @*@!  It's a GR guys, C'MON!!!

Ridiculous...
mad.gif

DAMN.

SWOOSH has really been doing us wrong as of late.

I would of been pissed if I couldnt cop these on a disco.

Glad Im passing on them.

Let me ask some of y'all. Would it be logical to pass on these for the infrared pack (because I have the 00's blks), sell the black joints and keep the white/infra's? Or should I jus say to hell with the uneccassry hype an cop these?

Originally Posted by gentry187

i copped my pair yesterday. i had to go to three different locations to find a decent looking pair. it wasn't the best looking one but i could live with it. i switched the lace locks to the varsity red ones asap. i think that they look better with them. the black lace locks don't compliment the shoe too well imo. plus, it gives them a more of an OG look (even though they're the vreds and not infrared).

I tried to find some I like but couldn't. I only have one Foot Locker here also though. Think I'll be sticking with Air Maxes the rest of this year.

Originally Posted by gentry187

i copped my pair yesterday. i had to go to three different locations to find a decent looking pair. it wasn't the best looking one but i could live with it. i switched the lace locks to the varsity red ones asap. i think that they look better with them. the black lace locks don't compliment the shoe too well imo. plus, it gives them a more of an OG look (even though they're the vreds and not infrared).

I tried to find some I like but couldn't. I only have one Foot Locker here also though. Think I'll be sticking with Air Maxes the rest of this year.

i painted mine like 20 minutes after i copped them...imma do a few more coats before i call it quits..but here is the progress so far....
33crhh2.jpg

jrtdzs.jpg

if they turn out bad i'll just ball in them...

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

i painted mine like 20 minutes after i copped them...imma do a few more coats before i call it quits..but here is the progress so far....
33crhh2.jpg

jrtdzs.jpg

I'm going to do this to my pair as well. Do you plan on painting the jumpman as well?

Did you use that paint pen from Michaels Crafts?

33crhh2.jpg

jrtdzs.jpg

pics of the barcode on the pen? mine says red-210, but others say red-310

Varsity red kills infared any day in my eyes, there's no way I would change the color on either pair of mine's!!!!

Got mine from pickyourshoes.com today...didn't expect anything other than this
eyes.gif

Say hello to my new beaters ladies and gentlemen.

Might try to touch up the paint though and make em infrared like the dude that posted a little bit ago did.

Idk, I should have to do that though...and to show you guys how easily this leather creases:

VERY EASILY
indifferent.gif

OH ^^ i forgot to put this in there...

Did anyone else notice the difference in the shade of red in the black and white 6's? It's a totally different shade...I don't know how they could call BOTH varsity red.

^yeah I noticed that also when i compared the black to the white the red is a different shade, it could be that they were using a different batch of paint back in '09 when the black/v-red were produced, you never know with nike/JB, so we speculate all we want, this is what got. I get pissed when my shoes that I have only worn a few times, get creased and paint cracks and soles yellow, this used to get me really pissed off, but I came to the realization that for the most part when your wearing the shoes, all these things are minimal, because unless you're on the ground mad close inspecting a persons shoes your probably not gonna notice it. In the end yes it unfortunate that quality issues have plagued JB for years now, but like some said in another thread or maybe even in this thread, blame the quality issues on nike paying works pennys in asia to put these shoes together. Think about it we are all fortunate enough to be able to afford to purchase many times multiple pairs of shoes from NIKE, while the people assembling the shoes, that some of us fight over to pay over $150 for, have basically nothing. So when you put all in perspective, we should all be lucky that we are afforded the opportunities that we have, so if quailty issues bother you then don't purchase. I know for me it has just made me more selective on the releases I purchase, I go check the shoes in person if I am satisfied with the product then I will purchase, if not I move on to the next one. So it boils down to, do you buy the shoes because you love them and you love to wear or do you buy shoes for collection purposes to display and not be worn. Once you answer that question you'll be able to make better decisions about what you buy.

If I pick up a pair, now I know what to look for.. Some of those paint jobs are pretty off....

I keep hearing about the bad sizing, whats wrong? Are they too big or small? (I'm asking because i am a natural 12 and my friend could only get me an 11.5).

Are those pics up there supposed to show a problem? I dont care what shoe you got in your hand if you put it under a microscope like that and put extreme close-up pics you're gonna find flaws. However from 10 feet away where everyone will see your shoes from they will not see flaws. If someone is as close to my kicks as you are in that pic then they are getting a jordan VI sole print on their face. You guys need to get over this stuff and enjoy your kicks.

bibballinbruce you are really complainin about that? -if so, thats why you cop in person.

some of yall will search and hunt for any tiny flaw and take some giant $@! pictures of it.

When they are on your feet no one can even tell.

Its not like anyone is gonna come up to you and inspect every centimeter of your shoes, and take giant pics of them to find the flaws.

From now on we need to make 2 threads for every release, 1 for people who are gonna nit pick and complain about any lil flaw, and another thread for peope who plan on just rocking their shoes and arent stressin a few lil flaws, and can appreciate a nice sneaker.

If yall dont like it, go buy some adidas. You guys are a bunch of downers, make my high come down

Originally Posted by BigBallinBruce

OH ^^ i forgot to put this in there...

Did anyone else notice the difference in the shade of red in the black and white 6's? It's a totally different shade...I don't know how they could call BOTH varsity red.

tired.gif
they look EXACTLY like the blk/ varsity reds to me..

I have to agree with Darkwing and Marley.

Seriously is this any worse than any of JBs other GR releases?

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

From now on we need to make 2 threads for every release, 1 for people who are gonna nit pick and complain about any lil flaw, and another thread for peope who plan on just rocking their shoes and arent stressin a few lil flaws, and can appreciate a nice sneaker.  
OFT!!

Originally Posted by maulrat

I have to agree with Darkwing and Marley.

Seriously is this any worse than any of JBs other GR releases?
QFT. It really says something when you have to sift through 4 pairs to find a decent pair. Hence the reason why I did not cop. No point to pay so much for such bad quality.

Back
Top Bottom