Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

The 2012 charcoals look ashy when they have dust on them like all durabuck shoes

Suns are a mix of durabuck and nubuck that's why in certain areas they look kind of ashy without any dust on them

You could feel the difference in materials on the Suns

Why do you keep saying it's a mix? There is no mix. The toe box is allegedly nubuck and the straps are durabuck. You can feel the difference in the back, that's about it.

And durabuck can look ashy without dust. You can have nubuck mimic durabuck in appearance by the way you treat it. The difference would be that durabuck is synthetic and more durable...durable nubuck. Even with the nubuck Nike uses they treat it so it's more resistant to scratches and water than the regular nubuck you would find on boots.

Like I've said a lot of you call what you like durabuck and what you don't like nubuck. As if nubuck and suede come in one form.

The pick of the charcoals disproves everything you've been saying, because they look the ashiest out of the four kicks.

Last edited:
Champs in the Galleria mall in Henderson, NV.   I had the same problem at the Footlocker in that mall for the black toe 13's.  :smh:     I normally just cop at the HOH on the strip but I hate having to sit in line for 4 to 5 hours to secure my pair.   

When I first read your story I thought to myself that it sounds like the Champs at the Sunset Galleria Mall and then I saw your post that it was that Champs smh. I avoid that Champs, I had a bad experience just trying to buy a hoody in there, ever since I haven't been back. I just go to the FTL/HOH at the Fashion Show Mall even though traffic sucks to get there and the wait is longer.

LMAO at the Champs at Galleria Mall.  They tryin to front to everyone saying they aint get a certain shoe so they can have them for themselves.  Oh so they only take down the info for women to be put in a fake "raffle?" I bet they just get all their informations and then they try to text them later on down the line.  Watch out dude, some guy at champs got your girls number and will probably be texting her.
laugh.gif
They all needa be exposed. 

Last edited:
Anybody in the Cleveland area got any info on where's the best place to grab these without a big hassle?

Secured my 2nd, 2013 pair thru a guaranteed ticket this morning.. There was literally only 8 ppl total in line.. To bad more releases aint as chill as this was... 

"Big grin on my grill, cause I knew Id be up in it"..
smile.gif

Last edited:
excuse my ignorance but why does it matter if it is tlo or not?
Twitter link only means you have to click on the Twitter link to get on the page to buy the shoe. You pretty much need luck to be successful on TLO unless you have some assistance.

Twitter link only means you have to click on the Twitter link to get on the page to buy the shoe. You pretty much need luck to be successful on TLO unless you have some assistance.
I know what TLO means but,don't you still need luck, if it is just posted on the site at 8 eastern? You still would need to be quick to the draw right? Or is there some backdoor way to find the shoe faster if it is not  a twitter release?

Last edited:
TLO, if I strike out again with NDC new system then I give up. Last couple of releases I've been in that damn "waiting in line" crap and either got an error message or sold out on me. I really want these too, this colorway is so much better than the white Bugs.

2013 retros look good, but will pass since my 07s are still in very good condition, 8s are built like tanks aside from the paint chipping

yea same here. got TONS. i heard a juicy juicy rumor..not gonna say it yet but it should be revealed today on these..i was like whoa.
???
the rumor i heard is that nike isnt doin RSVP on these. just FCFS.. not sure if its true but normally they would have tweeted something by now.

the last two 8s this year didnt have much hype and maybe they are basing off that. theres not even a lot of hype on here surprisingly even though its a playoff shoe other than those trying to manufature it(like they did with the bunnys). thread hasnt really picked up much at all post black grapes and denims and that's fine by me. maybe this will be a 2012 charcoal 7 situation.

i guess we'll find out in the next day or so.

I don't know if anything has changed since then (probably so) but I remember I found the OLY 7's on the site before they dropped the twitter link... That was before the TLO stuff I don't know since its not TLO for these if I can have the same luck but I will try again!

Why do you keep saying it's a mix? There is no mix. The toe box is allegedly nubuck and the straps are durabuck. You can feel the difference in the back, that's about it.

And durabuck can look ashy without dust. You can have nubuck mimic durabuck in appearance by the way you treat it. The difference would be that durabuck is synthetic and more durable...durable nubuck. Even with the nubuck Nike uses they treat it so it's more resistant to scratches and water than the regular nubuck you would find on boots.

Like I've said a lot of you call what you like durabuck and what you don't like nubuck. As if nubuck and suede come in one form.

The pick of the charcoals disproves everything you've been saying, because they look the ashiest out of the four kicks.

Repped. Dudes crack me up on this Durabuck kick. The 2012 Charcoals were horriblely ashy, but hey it's "Durabuck" :lol:

Repped. Dudes crack me up on this Durabuck kick. The 2012 Charcoals were horriblely ashy, but hey it's "Durabuck"
laugh.gif
Just pulled my suns out and even though they aren't pitch black like the playoffs that are about to drop they are far from ashy.

The 2012 charcoals look ashy when they have dust on them like all durabuck shoes

Suns are a mix of durabuck and nubuck that's why in certain areas they look kind of ashy without any dust on them

You could feel the difference in materials on the Suns

Obviously when I say its a mix I'm referring to they have a layer of nubuck and completely different layer in durabuck not mixed, DIFFERENT layers on the shoe.

The layer on top (the straps) are made out of durabuck and the rest is nubuck.
LL

I have Nikes, Jordans, Reeboks, and Adidas shoes made out of durabuck so I have a good grasp on what synthetic nubuck looks and feels like. You continue to use my charcoals in your argument but I've worn those plenty of times even in the rain and rarely do I ever clean them because its full durabuck.

The Suns are not like the older retro Playoffs, Aquas, Chromes, Metallic 5, Cement 4, Infrared 6, DMP 6, Thunders, Chambray 7 ect.

Last edited:

Repped. Dudes crack me up on this Durabuck kick. The 2012 Charcoals were horriblely ashy, but hey it's "Durabuck" :lol:

I never said durabuck doesn't look ashy I said it looks more ashy when its dirty.

The 2012 Charcoals 7 are full durabuck and Suns are not.

Just pulled my suns out and even though they aren't pitch black like the playoffs that are about to drop they are far from ashy.

You guys are taking the meaning "ashy" and running with it.

When I say ashy I'm not talking about Black Grapes or Varsity Red 6's ashy. Go feel the material on the Suns it's clearly two different materials on the black upper

Last edited:
Just came back from entering these raffles.. each store i entered at said they got 2 cases of these instead of their usual one case.. so hopefully i get a call come friday 

Bout to go head to the hoh Brooklyn to enter the raffle. Gonna be the first raffle I ever enter. I Usually win rsvp at nikenyc. Hoh is closer would be easier to cop. That's my plan B. plan a is to cop from finishline get to use my rewards and cop below retail.

Back
Top Bottom