Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

With all the discussion of materials (which doesn't really matter to me, bc most people just speculate) and availability (again, speculation driven), I still haven't decided whether I even want to pursue these or not. I passed in '07 and had no regrets, but lately I have been eying the shoes MJ won titles in, so therein lies my dilemma. Wasn't very impressed with the white 8s from April, and I know these could be totally different, but I'm still hesitant.

The bugs and playoffs are on two different levels.. Plus these are made like tanks compared to the whites

Called all the Ftl here in SD and their doing reserve a pair on Thursday at 5. Thank god my girl gets off work at 430. Hopefully she doesn't have trouble reserving a size 11 for me

So on IG and Facebook it appears there's a rumor that Nike is done with twitter RSVP and is going back to FCFS. Anyone got details? Can't seem to find any details on why they are doing this and whether something else is coming. I just can't see this going well, especially at NTSF which is a temporary store anyway.

Anyone in the Dayton area know how they are releasing these? Trying to pass the info along to my wife since she is heading out to grab my pair and some for the little ones too. PM if need be. I'm trying to make it easy on her...LOL

passed on a guaranteed ticket today
grin.gif
 still have my 09 pair fresh sittin in the box
ohwell.gif
 goodluck to those who are trying to get these, shouldn't be that hard imo, almost everyone around me are getting these and doin either a guaranteed ticket or fcfs no raffles
laugh.gif

Last edited:
So on IG and Facebook it appears there's a rumor that Nike is done with twitter RSVP and is going back to FCFS. Anyone got details? Can't seem to find any details on why they are doing this and whether something else is coming. I just can't see this going well, especially at NTSF which is a temporary store anyway.
i heard not going away but scaling it back. whatever that means.. maybe they are working on some kind of new scheme..they're gonna need it for those red 4s in a few weeks. the beast will be all over those

I wouldn't be surprised if they raffle off inventory to NDC members who submit a request while indicating a store they are driving distance to, and then fulfill those orders in-store. Anything not claimed by a given time gets released FCFS.

It would take control away from the stores themselves as it would automate the process and not allow them to cheat customers, remove the bots from the equation, and keep traffic coming into the stores (which clearly they don't want to kill).

Everyone has decided FCFS is bad news for Jordans and other highly sought releases, but clearly the RSVP method sucks.

What I'm curious about is whether they would allocate more of their total inventory for in-store fulfillment, meaning NDC pairs shift toward more in-store fulfillment so that it is less of a lottery and more of a reservation for most releases.

Just a theory, guess we'll find out soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they raffle off inventory to NDC members who submit a request while indicating a store they are driving distance to, and then fulfill those orders in-store. Anything not claimed by a given time gets released FCFS.

It would take control away from the stores themselves as it would automate the process and not allow them to cheat customers, remove the bots from the equation, and keep traffic coming into the stores (which clearly they don't want to kill).

Everyone has decided FCFS is bad news for Jordans and other highly sought releases, but clearly the RSVP method sucks.

What I'm curious about is whether they would allocate more of their total inventory for in-store fulfillment, meaning NDC pairs shift toward more in-store fulfillment so that it is less of a lottery and more of a reservation for most releases.

Just a theory, guess we'll find out soon.
I seen a few people mention something about having to go through ndc to reserve your pair at your local NT, but like we all said know body really knows what's gonna happen yet

This has been a pretty quiet release overall. I might be able to pick up another pair after RD.

Yeh Modells is a joke with their stock. I went to the one in South Brooklyn. I don't think mine had a 10.5 either, and if they did it was just one. I looked on their list and only saw one size 10, didn't see a 10.5. Almost half were kids sizes. So that roughly left only 10 adult pairs. smh 
I wasn't stressing because these'll be very easy to cop if I choose to get them again. The only ppl who'll be stressing is the kid that copped two pairs with mommy and daddy's credit card thinking he could flip for a fortune

ACCORDING TO MS. BURGETT'S TWITTER, RSVP ISN'T GOING AWAY.

man roosevelt field mall better have these after they open i dont wnt to line up

Yeah, it's just being "tweeked" so i'm pretty sure that means people like you will find ways around it 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
is it me or is this thread dead for only being 2 days from release date

Seriously, I don't see anything over the next two months on the Jordan Brand calendar that looks to potentially be hype worthy. All of JB retro releases during the third quarter of 2013 shouldn't require much of a hassle to obtain, especially the general releases.

Yeah, it's just being "tweeked" so i'm pretty sure that means people like you will find ways around it 
laugh.gif

AS LONG AS IT STAYS WEB BASED THERE WILL ALWAYS BE WAYS AROUND IT.

AS LONG AS IT STAYS WEB BASED THERE WILL ALWAYS BE WAYS AROUND IT.
even a full on raffle could be manipulated if it's online smh

MANIPULATION CAN MEAN A LOT OF THINGS. SOMEONE WHO ENTERS A RAFFLE MORE THAN ONCE, BY ANY MEANS(HAVING FRIENDS SIGN UP FOR THEM, MULTIPLE EMAILS ADDRESSES) HAS JUST MANIPULATED THAT RAFFLE. ONLINE RAFFLE CAN DEF BE MANIPULATED.

DONE RESPONDING TO THE TOPIC, FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION WITH OTHER NT'ERS IF YOU CHOOSE.

Back
Top Bottom