Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

These kicks are #nostalgia.Just reminds me of MJ back in his 3 run.. The ones from 07 are fresh but this is just #jordanhistory 

Got my pair after work today for 139.41 out the door using 2 VIP rewards cards.I love releases like this. No lines, no waiting, no sites crashing, no mall cops doing power trips. Best of all, you walk in to the store at your convenience and use your rewards points without worrying your cart will be snatched from underneath you. Takes me back to the good old days. Thank you hypebeasts for not showing up for this release!

Since these were bought for me as a gift , I'm going to resell them for 200 and use that money on another pair of 88 3's, I thinking 200 would be a quick sell

Got my pair after work today for 139.41 out the door using 2 VIP rewards cards.I love releases like this. No lines, no waiting, no sites crashing, no mall cops doing power trips. Best of all, you walk in to the store at your convenience and use your rewards points without worrying your cart will be snatched from underneath you. Takes me back to the good old days. Thank you hypebeasts for not showing up for this release!

Sounds like this was a generally painless release.  Props to all who got their pairs.  My 2007's are still looking good, so no need to cop this release.

This one of my top 5 most wanted releases for the year.. Glad it was easy for most. It seems like all my top wants for this year have been easy except for the Royal 1s.. Fire red 5's being another that was super easy..

This one of my top 5 most wanted releases for the year.. Glad it was easy for most. It seems like all my top wants for this year have been easy except for the Royal 1s.. Fire red 5's being another that was super easy..
still mad about the payless leather on the 5s 
mean.gif

Do y'all think the Aqua and Chrome 8's will be this easy when they release?  I hope so, because I want a pair of those too.

I still cant believe I walked into a mall around here at 8:45 pm and copped. Forgot what that felt like honestly

I was in 3rd grade in 1993. I wore these playoffs to school and played ball in them during recess. I was never into shoes just Jordan was my favorite and wanted HIS shoes. Now 20 years later I have these exact shoes again. It's the nostalgia factor. Makes sense for kids who weren't around back in the day to just say these suck because they weren't apart of history.

Do y'all think the Aqua and Chrome 8's will be this easy when they release?  I hope so, because I want a pair of those too.

Considering how much the 07 retros are going for now they'll sell out in minutes

Until I see sample of a reretro of the Chromes I can't see these coming back out... Then again the Cool Grey 9 n 11 came back out as well as thunder n lightning 4's and the Laney 5's....

Dammnnn nvm it's JB :lol: anything for the dollar

never really had an interest in the 8s. just not my cup of tea. seems that today's cop for 8s and foams was easier than anticipated. friend went to 3 different stores for raffles. won all 3 to cop lol

Considering how much the 07 retros are going for now they'll sell out in minutes

Until I see sample of a reretro of the Chromes I can't see these coming back out... Then again the Cool Grey 9 n 11 came back out as well as thunder n lightning 4's and the Laney 5's....

Dammnnn nvm it's JB
laugh.gif
anything for the dollar
you see what they did there

no its bc they are ugly AF shoes and retro 5 black grapes are 10x better

Damn, I remember missing out on the OG black grapes, bad memories :frown:

Good choice for a first retro. The material on this shoe is durabuck which is a type of synthetic suede. Nubuck is another type of synthetic suede.

Suede and nubuck are types of leather. Durabuck is synthetic nubuck(leather combined with another material) to make it more durable(durable nubuck). You don't need to use a water proofer with durabuck. Nubuck is treated and more durable than suede. Suede is the cheapest of them.

the sneaker game is like the wild wild west now i remember back in the days i could easily cop these now every website has them soldout i thought it would be easy
:smh:

guess i might go hunting for these now

You might actually have to walk in a store :wow:

Filth flarn filth! Had to wait 20 minutes to check out and oos when timer ended. None of the usual suspects have them on eBay either...smh!

You two are the only two who missed out :smh:

Last edited:
He calls them ugly and says how much he hates the Retro 8's and yet clicks on a thread about them.... Trolling 101

"Smdh to those who buy shoes bc of the hype"

laugh.gif
this is like the 3rd time JB is releasing them if you include the lows. What "hype" are you talking about? A lot of ppl are buying them again because the 07 paint chipped like crazy
the 07 paint didn't chip like crazy. that was the aquas. at least for me

Since these were bought for me as a gift , I'm going to resell them for 200 and use that money on another pair of 88 3's, I thinking 200 would be a quick sell
these>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 88s

Back
Top Bottom