Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by proballer

QFT
What makes a shoe a "summer" shoe versus any of the other three seasons?
roll.gif
good question man

Usually its the colorway.
Bright, Vibrant shoes.

For instance, these are most known as summer shoes:

Air Jordan 5 "USA" - bright colors, patent leather, mostly white sneaker.

air-jordan-v-white-red-navy-hitting-retailers-1.jpg

Air Jordan 3 "True Blue" - same as 5's, bright colors, low-top sneaker (perfect for shorts), white upper.

air-jordan-3-whitetrue-blue.jpg

Winter/Fall sneakers are usually dark colored, black even, that take use of the colors of the time of the year.

Sept-Dec. Dark reds, dark greens, black, dark gray.

examples:

Air Jordan 7 "Bordeaux" - dark colorways. Warm tones contacting with dark upper.

air-jordan-bordeaux-7-vii-sneakers.jpg

Air Jordan 3 "Black Cement" - most agreed of a fall/winter sneaker, not because of colorway, but use of color blocking.

Winter "bright white colors/snow" with mist blue-like tints (the way light reflects off snow); fall-same as Bordeaux, the black stands out from cool tones of fall (reds, greens, yellows).

tumblr_lv91r1U2Rq1qeto98o1_500.jpg

This is the best way I can describe what is known as "a sneaker for a type of season."

"Spring" sneakers usually use this same thing, and match colors with the season (bright colors, easter, memorial day) and contrast with color blocking of the sneaker.

example:

Air Jordan 9 "FTLOTG" - bright university blue contrasting with white midsole/outsole.

I would classify this as a "Spring" shoe.

jordan-9-love-of-the-game-1.jpg

Air Jordan 5 "Grapes" - same as 9's, bright vibrant colors contrasting mostly white upper.

tumblr_lv8hwaVQjI1qza3lno1_400.jpg

*Hope this helps.

glasses.gif

lol at the audacity some people have offering 200 or 170 for used '00 Concords, but people justifying paying above three bills for these new versions???

If people gonna pay that much why not just cop the '00s?

Everyone saying that the prices of these aren't going to go up later on.. I think you're wrong. These are going down because all the pairs you're seeing are resellers who only bought to make a huge profit. They didn't sell during the gold rush madness, so now they're lowering their prices to get rid of them. Once those are all sold and are worn, yellowed, destroyed by people, the interest these will grow again and the price to buy will also go back up because there will be some DS pairs left but they're gonna be in the hands of the collectors who aren't gonna let them go for 250 
roll.gif

BTW, for those who think I'm lying.. look at the Varsity Red VI. All these pairs are selling on EBay for around 250+ after they sat on shelves in retail stores. People who missed out are finding interest in pairs and are eating them up. Cop now, that price for some concords is gonna be hard to come by when the annual releases of "11s in December" stops. But hey, it's your decision. I have my 2 pairs I paid retail for DS in my closet waiting to be broken out after a while.
wink.gif

some people are getting stuck with these because of the early release issue glad i got rid of my pairs early, people was happy to pay 350 the day after 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoSickening

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Have you ever stopped and even attempted to look at how much the sz 10+ is going for? Or does your feet give you a Napoleon Complex?
Why would i? I have no interest in a size 10. Have you ever stopped to see what the size 7.5's have been going for? If so why?
No. Cuz I don't have any kids in middle school?
indifferent.gif

come on son, you can do better than that.

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

To the dude saying he got his for 230 and he wears a size 7.5...... Calm down bro. Girl sizes usually go for less.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Past release and the tension is still strong in this thread.

To the dude saying he got his for 230 and he wears a size 7.5...... Calm down bro. Girl sizes usually go for less.
Not sure if srs.
Mens starts at 7.5.  

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

some people are getting stuck with these because of the early release issue glad i got rid of my pairs early, people was happy to pay 350 the day after 
laugh.gif

Some guy offered me 400 for one of my pairs on RD. I glady took his money. If you picked these up to resell and you haven't moved them by now, then you've missed the boat. Only way you'll get that 350+ resell is by sitting on them for a year or two.

Not sure if srs.
Mens starts at 7.5.  

Ignore the idiots bro. NT has a lynch mob mentality most of the time.

Just copped a pair today for around retail! im so siked about it! dude must of been holding them at the store he works at got his discount and doubled his money quick!

Originally Posted by spizike231

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Past release and the tension is still strong in this thread.
Im chillen my dude. I got two pairs, am now tring to get my third. 
Sodium levels are high with these re-sellers. They're still trying to justify a price of 350+. They said these would never ever go for less than 250, i took a screen shot of them selling for 230, and now they're saying my size doesn't count? You could show them all the evidence to support your claim and they're still going to try to rebuff it.  

Originally Posted by BennyFrankTheKing

Just copped a pair today for around retail! im so siked about it! dude must of been holding them at the store he works at got his discount and doubled his money quick!

God cop. Carefull though, these dudes on niketalk are gonna start saying that sz 11.5 doesn't count as-well. 

God cop. Carefull though, these dudes on niketalk are gonna start saying that sz 11.5 doesn't count as-well. 
yea true stuff! i talked the dude down got em to 250 so im happy about that

all in all i got 3 pairs AFTER release date for or around retail  

2 for retail on a restock and this one for 250
roll.gif

its a big accomplishment to me for not having any connects anymore since i moved 3 years ago

if you put in enough work for a shoe, you can find it for the price you want

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Not sure if srs.
Mens starts at 7.5.  

Ignore the idiots bro. NT has a lynch mob mentality most of the time.
Couldn't agree more. They still can't justify their $350 price tag, when most of us have gotten them for less 300. 

Originally Posted by Tang

Those are 7.5 though
7.5 = Mens size
7.5 = extremly hard size to find.

with this release the limited amount of size 7.5's vs the popular size 9 balance out. For every five size 9's, there is one size 7.5.

Have you ever stopped and even attempted to look at how much the sz 10+ is going for? Or does your feet give you a Napoleon Complex?

roll.gif

Size 7's are going for less because it's not really a mans size, it's a boys size. Technically, yes, but how many men actually wear a seven?

The last time I wore a size 7 I was in junior high school.

They're going to be cheaper, because they're harder to get rid of. Junior high school kids have moved on to the next hot sneaker. Someone who wears a seven normally isn't buying sneakers with their own money.

Originally Posted by air4life

100 pages in an 'aftermath' thread?!  This release was truly one of a kind....till the next one
roll.gif

My thoughts exactly, just goes to show you how truly crazy this release really was. Just thankful I was able to cop
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by yelloo

I knew I should have got these on the RD, 350+ is way too much
Compare that to people up here in Canada, wanting these for $400+. smh

Come summer time, those prices will only get worse... Hopefully I'm wrong but once everybody keeping their pairs on ice right now bring them out this summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom