Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by YOOY

Sad that people are reselling the 2011's for more then 2001's quality isn't even close.

Quality would never be close to the og.  Its a risky investment to purchase the 2001 concords, I rather buy the 2011 version because its new inside the box , the soles are icy and it smells new. Most of these Og's wouldnt last 2 weeks out of the box. People who list og's always mention WEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ITS NOT RECCOMMENDed. You never know if they touched up the og shoe to pass it off as new.. Once again its risky. 

MR23MJ:

Both my pairs shipped from NDC has a grey pad with black stitching

Both my pairs shipped from CT has a white pad with white stitching

YOOY: I sold off ALL of my 2001s without hesitation. I had 3 concords from 01 and i'll be the first to tell you that the yellowing mesh was NOT a good look. The yellowing soles didn't bother me that much, but the yellowing mesh was hard to "pull" off especially with a nice fit. Plus like Midnight Hype said, its wear at your own risk and Sole Separation is not uncommon with those.

I know, I know about RIT and BKF for cleaning the mesh, but it hardly even works. I tried both.

Its reminds me of wearing a yellowing/dingy white T-shirt vs. a DS/Brand new white T-shirt.

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

MR23MJ:

YOOY: I sold off ALL of my 2001s without hesitation. I had 3 concords from 01 and i'll be the first to tell you that the yellowing mesh was NOT a good look. The yellowing soles didn't bother me that much, but the yellowing mesh was hard to "pull" off especially with a nice fit. Plus like Midnight Hype said, its wear at your own risk and Sole Separation is not uncommon with those.

I know, I know about RIT and BKF for cleaning the mesh, but it hardly even works. I tried both.

Its reminds me of wearing a yellowing/dingy white T-shirt vs. a DS/Brand new white T-shirt.
Ya I completely agree!! I was thinking of selling my NDS Jordan XI concords but with them being my all time favorite style and colorway its hard for me to part. But I think its about that time 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by proballer

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

MR23MJ:

Ya I completely agree!! I was thinking of selling my NDS Jordan XI concords but with them being my all time favorite style and colorway its hard for me to part. But I think its about that time 
ohwell.gif

Yup, And I had 3 pairs of 2001s.  1 was VVVNDS in box, 1 was used for indoor balling only, 1 was a daily worn pair.  Sold them all.  I regret not selling them sooner because the price dropped like crazy since the 2011 came out. 

Got 5 pairs of 2011s all for myself and haven't looked back. I beating the hell out of 1 pair right now and the mesh is STILL gleaming white and soles still ICY.

My only complaint is the ankle padding is NON EXISTENT, but I can live with it.  And I was lucky enough to get pairs with decent patent cuts and general shape

i tried mine on, walked around abit, and my right pinky toe is hurting after couple of those steps.. anybody had the same issue? maybe i just havent broken em out fully yet? idk

Originally Posted by spizike231

Can't believe fools in my area still want 350 for these. 
eyes.gif

And also can't believe that the prices for other XIs were raised by this release.

Last but not least, I CAN NOT BELIEVE it's not butter.
grin.gif

Some people even asking for $400 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kob8

eyes.gif

And also can't believe that the prices for other XIs were raised by this release.

grin.gif

laugh.gif

How were the old 11's prices (CG's, Space Jams, etc.) before the Concords.
I agree with spizike231, but EVERYTHING seems to have been raised because of the Concords.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by vipersupra

i tried mine on, walked around abit, and my right pinky toe is hurting after couple of those steps.. anybody had the same issue? maybe i just havent broken em out fully yet? idk

I would say just give it time to break in. 
-Drew

Wore mine for the first time after securing that backup for later down the line. Had to waterproof the hell out the sole to keep it icey.

Sad that people are reselling the 2011's for more then 2001's quality isn't even close.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
  kids back then are grown-up now and jumped into Jordan Sneakerhead BandWagon
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ideezy1023

Wore mine for the first time after securing that backup for later down the line. Had to waterproof the hell out the sole to keep it icey.
How'd you waterproof it?

Originally Posted by 619destroyer

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
  kids back then are grown-up now and jumped into Jordan Sneakerhead BandWagon
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

This is sad! And real sad thing is that my 2009-2011 Jordan XIs sell a lot quicker than my 2000/2001 retro XI.. These kids want the new box and shoe trees over the quality and retro cards 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
 Its sad

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

eyes.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

How were the old 11's prices (CG's, Space Jams, etc.) before the Concords.
I agree with spizike231, but EVERYTHING seems to have been raised because of the Concords.

indifferent.gif

Older XIs were going for the same price as these are actually.. but those were DS, and came with great quality.. plus they really meant something. You didn't go to the mall expecting to see a pair of '00 Concords on someone's feet, and don't even think about seeing OGs, ya know?

Now we get very questionable quality and fools who wear their pairs twice and try to sell them for 275-300. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by vipersupra

Yeah... I had the same issue....and for me.. I can admit they are no where as comfortable as past XIs... but I have / had ten pairs... so I have a few left over to dog but.. I have a pair I am straight abusing with regular wear...
Not cleaning.. kicking off with the other shoe.. not unlacing.. just wearing like I have a bunch of other pairs.. Feels good but as mentioned the ankle padding is doo doo... and comfort aint what Im used to.. but why complain about what I knew would be the case going in.  Comfort for retro's is merely a bonus at this point for Jordan... unfortunately... but then again.. Im not purchasing any but Cool Grey IXs and Black/Red XIs aint purchased any since.... who knows... Cool Grey XIs?

Originally Posted by spOOOlin4g63

Originally Posted by ceemcee

Originally Posted by ideezy1023

How'd you waterproof it?
.....interested aswell

protectant spray which can be bought at footlockers, champs etc.

something similar to this
woly-waterproof-protector-spray-leather-textile-3916-10330_zoom.jpg

^^^ Good question as i'm curious about the sole too...I will be wearing my pair soon..

Definitely just the sole on the concords. The upper will get foggy if water proofer hits it. When I spray the sole ill use instant cleaner after wears and the dirt comes right off.

eyes.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
$400 is steep price right now. Probably two years for now these are going to be worth over 400.

Originally Posted by caritas75

eyes.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
$400 is steep price right now. Probably two years for now these are going to be worth over 400.
Nah sooner than that. Once the Black/Red XIs drop, prices on Concords are going to climb. Similar to what happened to the Space Jams once the Concords dropped.
I'm not just saying that though. 
nerd.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by caritas75

laugh.gif
Nah sooner than that. Once the Black/Red XIs drop, prices on Concords are going to climb. Similar to what happened to the Space Jams once the Concords dropped.
I'm not just saying that though. 
nerd.gif

-Drew

That's crazy but true!
And the prices for the CDP's will probably dip.

Back
Top Bottom