Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I've had a few Inbox requests asking how I washed my Concords... so I figured I'd answer all at once.

I did Cold Cold.. and all I used was

Liquid Detergent
A little Fabric Softner
and the Smell good Chips that are like Fabric Softner.. (optional)

Also.. I didnt use the type of washing machine with the thing in the middle.. I was afraid that would beat the kicks up..

I even left the strings in.. dont use any bleach or colorsafe bleach though..that could mess up the material.

I did use a pillow case but it came loose during the wash but obviously that had no ill effect on the kicks. Sparkling. I only had minimal yellowing in the middle of the shoe but nothing on the edge.

I used to throw my 01's in the wash back in the day but I wouldn't recommend unless you got 8 pair to play with like nikedealer the patent and toe box will get really soft and theyll eventually sole separate just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by BayArea23

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Originally Posted by BayArea23

Would you guys trade a brand new pair of 13 Flints for used pair of 2011 Concords? Guy wore it 3 times with shoe tree... No creasing on the toe. Clean all around with no stain. Just dirt on the bottom from the times he wore them.
If it's the '10 Flints, I would, dem jointz dont eem reflect. But on a serious note, as long as you've seen the Concords in person, I'd definitely go for it.

Now, if it's the '05 Flints...personally, I wouldn't.
Yea it's for the '10 Flints.... He wants to do an even trade.

If you're the one with the Flints, I'd do it personally.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I've had a few Inbox requests asking how I washed my Concords... so I figured I'd answer all at once.

Liquid Detergent
A little Fabric Softner

Also.. I didnt use the type of washing machine with the thing in the middle.. I was afraid that would beat the kicks up..

I even left the strings in.. dont use any bleach or colorsafe bleach though..that could mess up the material.

I did use a pillow case but it came loose during the wash but obviously that had no ill effect on the kicks. Sparkling. I only had minimal yellowing in the middle of the shoe but nothing on the edge.
Wouldn't the soles turn yellow quicker that way however?

I personally find it pointless to do that since you are cleaning the upper but hurting the soles.

I do wonder what the long term effects would be so if you notice any differences, please update us.

Originally Posted by E Male

Can someone recommend a place where I can get a pair of GS Concords at a decent price.

Mannn, when I went to the ES down here a couple months ago, they had RACKS of GS concords and black/cement 3s.  I knew I should have picked up a few pairs...

I never thought about the long term effects... but then again.. I figured I'd have other pairs to wear if something bad did happen.. but for a quick fix this worked out well.

I dont think I'd do it too often as I think that would soften up something.. but Ive actually worn them a few days in a row and i feel like they are cleaner than before... but Im jaded lol

Im giving these to a younger cousin once the summer SETS in and go with a new pair. So maybe I'll wash them one more time and my cuzzo can take the chance with whatever happens eh?

I never thought about the long term effects... but then again.. I figured I'd have other pairs to wear if something bad did happen.. but for a quick fix this worked out well.

I dont think I'd do it too often as I think that would soften up something.. but Ive actually worn them a few days in a row and i feel like they are cleaner than before... but Im jaded lol

Im giving these to a younger cousin once the summer SETS in and go with a new pair. So maybe I'll wash them one more time and my cuzzo can take the chance with whatever happens eh?
I have washed multiple shoes at a laundromat (5 pairs at a time with towels) and have had nothing but success.  My flint XIII looked brand new, my 01 Black/Red XI looked amazing, and even my beat Jordan XI Lows were looking mint.  I also washed the 00 Concords in the machine, they came out well but I had used barkeepers friend before I washed them so they did have help.  I would recommend using a washing machine 100% as long as you don't use a dryer afterwards.  Let them dry in the son or near a radiator in cooler areas/seasons.

Yeah.. I would never use a dryer....

I know shoes are made a bit cheaper than they used to be.. but I would think they'd hold up pretty well from a machine wash... even gentle cycle moreso.

Liquid Detergent
A little Fabric Softner

The thing in the middle is called an agitator. 

i am still lookin for a pair. went through so much trying to cop these an still struck out. ^^^ whats good southwesthouston?? southeast checkin in..

I'm good bro, got shoes yesterday and 100 percent authentic . Thanks to the hype beasts and resellers I barely got these like almost 5 months after release

hell yeah they look nice bro an 290 is a bet. almeda mall passed out tickets up to 700. came out in the middle of 200s an said to leave everything was gone.

^^where are you seeing them and whats the asking price? i need a second pair so i dont have to worry about beating my only pair into the ground

anyone know how to tell if your pair of concords is fake/b-grades? meeting up with a seller today and I don't wanna be buying some b-grades

Originally Posted by SALES

anyone know how to tell if your pair of concords is fake/b-grades? meeting up with a seller today and I don't wanna be buying some b-grades

oh boy, the question about B-Grade Concords, that's a debate that will never end, search earlier in the forum for some comparative pics or go on youtube and view some comparison videos (early release pairs vs official release)

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

^^where are you seeing them and whats the asking price? i need a second pair so i dont have to worry about beating my only pair into the ground

kixclusive in NYC and there was a few other spots.  Also seeing alot in FS section.  All under 300 

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

I used to throw my 01's in the wash back in the day but I wouldn't recommend unless you got 8 pair to play with like nikedealer the patent and toe box will get really soft and theyll eventually sole separate just my 2 cents

Yep it happened to my 01's too. They were beaters but still.....

314127_10150837637977139_724777138_11865261_1967042620_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Those 2000 concords have a steven segal pony tail on the back top area of pl cut. Last time I check mj was a clean shaved bald man. As represented from the 2011 version. 2011>2000sorry unless u wanna mail the 2000 and only then I just might change my mind.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh hell nah!

Originally Posted by SALES

just ask the seller for payment receipt from store he bought the shoes.if u don't wanna get fake/b-grades just bought from store and if u can't get it so don't buy it if u afraid to get fake/b-grades becoz this is truly never ending debate and for my opinion fake is not same with b-grade coz b-grade still legit but reject and for the fake it's completely different material and it's very visible to eye if your concords are fake (just look at the icy sole should be in dark blue transparent color)

Back
Top Bottom