Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

The midsole on my 99 black/cement/red iv's came apart on me at the gym in a pickup game.

Needless to say I don't mess with og's anymore.

2001>>>>2010.. period..

who ever disagrees probably dont have a pair of 2001s lol..not based only looks...
based on how it is MADE, how it feels.. OVERALL..

Originally Posted by beh235

This thread should have been locked looong ago. Dudes in here sounding like female over SHOES?!  The youngn's saying that they prefer blue sole vs. the original cool grey sole. What kind of argument is that? If they knew anything, they know that the sole will yellow at the same rate and eventually it will look worse. Has any of you young guys looked a yellowed sole of an original Colombia XI sole? It's probably the worst out of all of them. I personally prefer the soles from 2001. The problem is you have all these young dudes talking and not knowing what they are talking about. These new "icy" soles are worse than the 2000-2001 versions. They look great aesthetically, but they are not better quality. Like I stated earlier in this thread or one of these threads, these soles will yellow at a faster rate. I have had a pair of Concords for the past 8-9 years and they have not yellowed. Yet, my 2009 Spacejams have showed some yellowing on the sole, even though it is minimal. I don't care about the yellowing, but there is the proof right there. It's crazy how you can have a DS pair or VNDS pair from 2000-01 and show it to someone now and they say it's yellow. Smh
It's funny when people respond to make a point that's been said a million times.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Error on page

dang, people hating on the og cool greys!?

so yall woulda passed if they were an exact replica of the og version. i dont believe any1 who copped cg2010/dont like 2001cg would have passed on a og replica, yall just tryna act special or be funny.

you sound special...you can't just make up a hypothetical scenario 
I drive a 370Z but if I had my choice and Nissan brought out a 300ZX Twin Turbo then hell yeah I'd go with the 300ZX TT

just read carefully,i wasnt flaming. i said "tryna be special" as in unique. why would some1 try to be mentally disabled. think dog.

im a chevy man myself ,use a comparison with irocs from the 80s then maybe i would understand.

would you have passed if they were exact replicas?......no you would not. you would have did the same thing to get them regardless of the sole, lets keep this "reality".

its just odd that og cg is get'n bash'd. and the people thats bash'n are only doing so cuz the shoe is like it is. just like now that the concords are releasing, i promise that you have made up your mind to get them site unseen, clear/blue/ pre yellowed sole.

so just be happy wit the shoe. other than the quality of the 01' version being far superior which isnt up for debate. like duke said earlier were arguing preference.

another reason why its funny cuz the early hype was built on how the 01' version looked, which didnt have a blue sole.

i also have the og blk/red xi and og concords, 00' concords and all are completely wearable. and just holding the early retros with the 09' n 10' xi its no contest.

Originally Posted by GenX

Originally Posted by beh235

This thread should have been locked looong ago. Dudes in here sounding like female over SHOES?!  The youngn's saying that they prefer blue sole vs. the original cool grey sole. What kind of argument is that? If they knew anything, they know that the sole will yellow at the same rate and eventually it will look worse. Has any of you young guys looked a yellowed sole of an original Colombia XI sole? It's probably the worst out of all of them. I personally prefer the soles from 2001. The problem is you have all these young dudes talking and not knowing what they are talking about. These new "icy" soles are worse than the 2000-2001 versions. They look great aesthetically, but they are not better quality. Like I stated earlier in this thread or one of these threads, these soles will yellow at a faster rate. I have had a pair of Concords for the past 8-9 years and they have not yellowed. Yet, my 2009 Spacejams have showed some yellowing on the sole, even though it is minimal. I don't care about the yellowing, but there is the proof right there. It's crazy how you can have a DS pair or VNDS pair from 2000-01 and show it to someone now and they say it's yellow. Smh
It's funny when people respond to make a point that's been said a million times.
indifferent.gif

idk who hes responding to, but im willing to bet that was a good response for who ever it was directed at, seeing that its true. cuz if its been stressed obviously sum1 not get'n it so he had to bless them again.

this was a pretty crazy release, i am thinking their were more pairs of the CG than the SJ last year, and still seems like they ran short...i did find a pair of 11.5 still available at FNL in Columbus, OH.
-sf77

Quality is honestly negligible when comparing a 10-year old shoe to a brand new one. Sure, the '10s aren't of the best quality, but they comfy as all get out, have a blue-tinted sole that compliments the upper oh so well, and I know they won't fall apart on me if I play a pickup game in them. So, while the '01s may be the "OG" (more like retro+), they have a significantly better chance of being totally unusable (forget ballin' in em) if I were to find a DS pair today.

Yes, Jordans are still performance shoes.

Uh negative, I have OG's from 96, that are still wearable and look perfectly fine, as a matter of fact, you say a shoe won't be wearable after 10 years? HAHAHAHA, I know you're a reseller but are you that dumb? I have OG X's that I wear atleast twice a week, OG VIII's that I wear and I believe those are well over 10 years old. As for people dissing the 01's because they are yellow, you are idiots. There are hardly any clear sole shoes from then that are perfect, not to mention you wanna diss them because you got these and feel like defending your product. I have these as well but wouldn't go around trying to diss OG's. I'm sure you hypebeasts try to say 09 jams are better than the 00's too, right? SMH

^wearing them causally is one thing but some people were talking about playing in OG's...

As far as I'm concerned $187 > $300+

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Quality is honestly negligible when comparing a 10-year old shoe to a brand new one. Sure, the '10s aren't of the best quality, but they comfy as all get out, have a blue-tinted sole that compliments the upper oh so well, and I know they won't fall apart on me if I play a pickup game in them. So, while the '01s may be the "OG" (more like retro+), they have a significantly better chance of being totally unusable (forget ballin' in em) if I were to find a DS pair today.

Yes, Jordans are still performance shoes.

originals are for performance retros are not. go ahead and flame. but its true.

Well there are still OG's that are perfectly suitable for balling in. I've seen XII's, VII's (which are from 92), and numerous XI's. The majority of you saying they aren't have never tried. It all depends on the shoe and how it is structured

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Holiday

01 Cool Greys > 11 Cool Grey...(This coming a person that has 2 pairs of the '11s)

be that as it may, the 2010 retro comes pretty close in terms of shape.

here's a pic i found to back up my point
523003_c16addcbe2_l.jpg
Might be a dumb question but is the color difference from the age of the show or just thats how they came? Thanks.
edit: And I don't mean the soles

s/o to footaction.com for coming through at 1:50 am central time - perseverance kids pays off. mine came in today

Was on bed rest and couldn't get out to the stores. Broke down and got them off ebay. I guess paying a extra 60 isn't to bad to not have to deal with going out in the cold and run the risk of not even pickng them up. Either way glad to have them coming.

Just got my 2 FNL pairs today, so $195 each pair from FNL delivered today, $156 from overseas from SNS and received on Tuesday. All pairs nothing that bad as far as patent cut or anything else just 1 FNL pair had tons of glue marks all over it. So if I have a choice I will be going with overseas next year for the Concords to triple up. Screw Eastbay, FNL and NDC. Glad JB made a ton of these so everyone who wanted them could cop.
Also who balls in Retro JB's?  Retros for me are casual.

Originally Posted by SBCollector

ajkatt - that's how they came homie, shades of grey used was slightly different from each other
Alright cool, thanks for the response

Wait so 00-01 11s aren't wearable anymore
laugh.gif
I just had on my space jams the other day. I would ball in them if I had another pair.

Everything else is about preference, do you sacrifice quality and comfort for blue soles?

my two pairs from finishline came and one pair had cookie crumbs on the sole....$*% SMH

out of the 5 pairs, only one is flawless

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Wait so 00-01 11s aren't wearable anymore
laugh.gif
I just had on my space jams the other day. I would ball in them if I had another pair.

Everything else is about preference, do you sacrifice quality and comfort for blue soles?

correct..those 00-01 jams are mad comfy..

Back
Top Bottom