Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

Why would you get some 10 year old yellowed @## cool greys when you can get a brand new pair that definitely wont peel apart on you? 
Whatever though. 

It's your money, use it when you need it.

tumblr_lcnvqasdhp1qckapz.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Why would you get some 10 year old yellowed @## cool greys when you can get a brand new pair that definitely wont peel apart on you? 
Whatever though. 

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

Originally Posted by dontae

Whatever though. 

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

Doesn't matter. They're still 10 years old. You think the environment doesn't affect materials that sit over time? I've had XI's since 1995 and it doesn't matter if they're DS or not, they're going to fall apart on you because that's just the way it is. Besides, the 2010 CG's are just fine in terms of quality and comfort. Father time doesn't have mercy on anything. Just saying.

lol 10 years from now (God permitting I'm alive), I won't have any of the shoes I have now. Why? Because they will most likely be worn to death or will be sold because I know they'll be unwearable and unsuitable for playing ball.

GottaBdaShoes wrote:

GottaBdaShoes wrote:
Whatever though. 

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

Doesn't matter. They're still 10 years old. You think the environment doesn't affect materials that sit over time? I've had XI's since 1995 and it doesn't matter if they're DS or not, they're going to fall apart on you because that's just the way it is. Besides, the 2010 CG's are just fine in terms of quality and comfort. Father time doesn't have mercy on anything. Just saying.

I have to disagree. I have 2-3 pairs of 2000 & 2001 DS XI's and both are completely intact and wearable. If stored properly, it doesn't matter how old they are. To be honest, I'd rather pay an extra $30-40 to have those yellow-soled 2001's than the 2010's. The quality is not even comparable. Did you even see the padding around the ankle area on the 2010's? That's right, because there isn't any.

I'll place a bet and say that your 23 on the back tab on the 2010's will chip away & fall apart before his 2001 begins to seperate. So saying that the 2010's "won't definitely won't fall apart" is asinine. They will, well before any signs of falling apart happens on the 2001's..

Whatever though. 

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

thats in your opinion, but that also may have something to do with the pairs you are trying to sell in your sig

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

GottaBdaShoes wrote:

GottaBdaShoes wrote:
Whatever though. 

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

I have to disagree. I have 2-3 pairs of 2000 & 2001 DS XI's and both are completely intact and wearable. If stored properly, it doesn't matter how old they are. To be honest, I'd rather pay an extra $30-40 to have those yellow-soled 2001's than the 2010's. The quality is not even comparable. Did you even see the padding around the ankle area on the 2010's? That's right, because there isn't any.

I'll place a bet and say that your 23 on the back tab on the 2010's will chip away & fall apart before his 2001 begins to seperate. So saying that the 2010's "won't definitely won't fall apart" is asinine. They will, well before any signs of falling apart happens on the 2001's..
AT, he's a reseller. He has to say stuff like that to move his merchandise so he can make a profit.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

GottaBdaShoes wrote:

GottaBdaShoes wrote:
Whatever though. 

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

You can't be being biased because you own a pair or two. You have to make yourself feel better somehow, ey? If you've worn those 10 year old pairs, I'd say you haven't worn them enough. Try balling in them. Try running around in them see if they will hold up. I'm willing to bet my two pairs of 2010 cg's that they won't last you one round of full court balling. If you haven't worn them to this date, you're going to be very disappointed when you do. If you wear them to just walk around casually, you might be ok for a few weeks though. I know from experience. Plus, I had a pair of 95's that I used in highschool to play gym ball. Wore them again 9 years later and noticed after a few wears that the middle of the sole was coming undone. I stored them very well too. Sucks but that's what happens to shoes. They're not indestructible. Thinking they are is "asinine."
And to everyone else, I don't have to say anything to move sales. The shoes sell themselves. wth? 
laugh.gif

nice 01s up there. I need to cop me a pair also. yellowed or not....01s will be worth more in my collection

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Still haven't received my CT order smdh

Don't worry breaghstein...

there's about (known) half dozen of us still waiting for the crooked shipment.

"it's beginning to look a lot like... GRINCH-mas!"

HOW CAN YOU TELL A DS 10 YEAR OLD SHOE IS WEARABLE WITHOUT WEARING THEM?

MAY LOOK OK BUT ONLY WEARING THEM WILL TELL THE WHOLE STORY...

I have 3 pairs of cool greys from 2010! lol I got them for 105 off swoosh

WOW, YOU'RE SO COOL DUDE.  Why do people post useless comments like these?

And who the hell actually balls in Air Jordans?!  That seriously boggles my mind.  I might get a lot of hate, but there's no way I'd EVER ball in shoes that are this expensive and this elusive.

You can't be being biased because you own a pair or two. You have to make yourself feel better somehow, ey? If you've worn those 10 year old pairs, I'd say you haven't worn them enough. Try balling in them. Try running around in them see if they will hold up. I'm willing to bet my two pairs of 2010 cg's that they won't last you one round of full court balling. If you haven't worn them to this date, you're going to be very disappointed when you do. If you wear them to just walk around casually, you might be ok for a few weeks though. I know from experience. Plus, I had a pair of 95's that I used in highschool to play gym ball. Wore them again 9 years later and noticed after a few wears that the middle of the sole was coming undone. I stored them very well too. Sucks but that's what happens to shoes. They're not indestructible. Thinking they are is "asinine."
And to everyone else, I don't have to say anything to move sales. The shoes sell themselves. wth? 
laugh.gif

Biased? No sir. I purchased these '2010's' as a gift for someone, and there was no way I would come to terms with myself and accept the fact that I can wear these knowing they wouldn't last a month if I decided to wear them every day. Make myself feel better huh? Have you seen me in this thread at all since the shoe released? No. Up until now, I haven't said anything wrong about these. If I ain't got anything good to say about these, why say anything at all? I refrained from entering this thread and stating my opinion because I'm not trying to crash some '2010 cool grey party' that every one seems to be enjoying themselves in. 

As a matter of fact, I can GUARANTEE you that I can throw them on my feet right now and run 3-4 games non-stop and not encounter any kind of "falling apart".
Here's a pic of me wearing my 2001 Black/Red XI that I wore last month. I wore them for days on in around L.A and not a single centimeter of seperation occured. I can easily throw some shorts on and run pick-ups all day in these.

10r7o94.jpg

My midsoles are straight. And to add to this, I'm wearing a pair of 2000 AJ V's right now as I type that I rock as my 'everydays' and have not run into a single problem. Let me know, I'll take pics of those if you want to see them. And save those 2010's cool greys fam. I wouldn't bet anything up for those. I wouldn't even pay retail for them. My point here I'm trying to make is that there is very large amount of early 2000 models that are very wearable.

AT, he's a reseller. He has to say stuff like that to move his merchandise so he can make a profit.
laugh.gif

I'm aware of that. He's been bashing almost every early retro that's been on schedule to release again. But the proof is in the pudding. It's quite obvious that early retro's are made better. But I'm not here to stress that. That's why I haven't posted here since the release. I really got nothing to say.

Back
Top Bottom