Air Jordan XI Low IE (Black Cement III inspired) Summer 2020

you very correct it was nothing near durabuck or nubuck but actually an extremely high quality leather that was super soft almost like lamb skin leather. I have yet to have seen any other Jordan have this type of leather. it was the real definition of buttery. even shattered backboards don't come close to the way this ie felt in hand.

Lord have mercy. We're not gonna do this again, are we? The side panels on the OG blacks are the literal dictionary definition of Nubuck. It had a VERY slight nap to it that changed colors depending on the direction it was rubbed. I really wish my pair wasn't still at my mom's house an hour away or I would do some close up shots of them.

Screenshot_20200514-150418.png

Gonna have to respectfully disagree here. I don't want anything close to clear or milky that's gonna degrade and turn into that nasty dirty yellow. I remember being really happy that they had darkened up the sole when I got my OG pair. Most of us were. That's why the dark smoke/grey/black on the retro was perfectly fine for me. They were actively taking steps to counter the yellowing. If they did another retro of the black/red and slapped an icy sole on them, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Stop being extreme man lol. JB has the ability to make the same smoked outsole as the OG without having to make the damn sole black. You must not enjoy ANY 11 that doesn’t have a smoked sole then lol. Because they ALL eventually yellow, even the blue tinted ones so stop lol.

Stop being extreme man lol. JB has the ability to make the same smoked outsole as the OG without having to make the damn sole black. You must not enjoy ANY 11 that doesn’t have a smoked sole then lol. Because they ALL eventually yellow, even the blue tinted ones so stop lol.

The sole isn't black

It's still translucent just darker so it doesn't yellow. The 2011's were darker than the 2003.

I gotta go with dhtowng dhtowng here, jshortt jshortt . There's a lot of room in between what the OG soles look like and what flat-out black translucent soles--oh, sorry Magic33 Magic33 , dark gray--look like. I don't WANT outright clear and I don't WANT milky XI soles slapped on them, I want what they had in '96. But my point was, that would be a heck of a lot better--to me--in terms of the look I want these to have than black soles are. I don't even get why they did it in the first place. If it was to stop yellowing, why is it that this is pretty much the only pair of XIs and XI lows--OG or patent lows--to get that sole? Has always looked more to me like some JB bonehead just changing **** to change it, per usual over there LOL

SMH so you actually believe this (an actual smoked sole):
EBF674CE-0182-4F93-B51E-F8A116433E81.jpeg
2310F441-2E6E-455E-87C7-4D8FA6952C70.jpeg
14C441B5-ED1A-4ABE-B909-EB5FDE8EFC1C.jpeg

is too much to ask for and instead you prefer this:
AB109E2C-43E4-4778-8F5B-3A1D1CF18E38.jpeg

E51D24E5-ECAE-4D3A-8737-776E67C5A432.png
C02CC555-5260-4838-B60D-8CD19977D7C8.png

A smoked opaque sole is one thing, but an all out BLACK sole like the one you see here is another. The former should not be that damn hard for JB to replicate. With as many 11s as we all buy with the understanding that they’ll eventually yellow, I can’t believe y’all are defending JB with this black sole trash for the sake of trying to prevent yellowing or being worried that the shoe will eventually yellow over time. These in particular actually look amazing when they yellow anyway so I disagree about the piss yellow remark Magic33 Magic33 . I not saying that they should give it a clear sole because that wouldn’t be OG either but acting like the black sole trash they’ve been putting out is okay is laughable at best and y’all are wild’n lol. Give us the OG sole! Does that make sense? Lol

I'm not defending anything. I'm saying I'm fine with it, and I would absolutely take that black over a clear sole on that shoe every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Once again, you're stating your opinion as a fact. I get wanting an identical reproduction of the original shoe. That's fine. But continuing to scream "THEY'RE TRASH!" and talk down to people who are ok with it like they're stupid for having a different OPINION, isn't.

Posting this to prove that JB can fix the I.E. 11 if they want to. I’d certainly accept a sole like this and keep it moving. All they have to do is slap this on the I.E. and remove the stupid EP and I think everyone would be happy. F0CBC881-0617-4B60-95F2-EA9FEF598CD1.jpeg 72D95B39-24A1-4E15-90BA-646350176272.jpeg
06CDC2FF-419A-4FEA-94AA-806B662ACB12.jpeg
9B458C7C-F225-4DE9-9AFB-9CDF40417D3C.jpeg

The truth of the matter is somewhere around 02’-03’ some stupid intern at JB or Gentry himself decided to retro the 11 low I.E.s and obviously took inspiration from the OG *GS pair (which did have a dark smoked/black outsole) pictured in this eastbay catalog below. That’s has the only reasonable explanation as to why they changed (made black) the color of the Men’s pair sole in the first place, not because of some effort on their part to prevent yellowing.
7DFDE4B9-61F7-41F4-A927-4CED41C154E7.jpeg

A smoked opaque sole is one thing, but an all out BLACK sole like the one you see here is another. The former should not be that damn hard for JB to replicate. With as many 11s as we all buy with the understanding that they’ll eventually yellow, I can’t believe y’all are defending JB with this black sole trash for the sake of trying to prevent yellowing or being worried that the shoe will eventually yellow over time. These in particular actually look amazing when they yellow anyway so I disagree about the piss yellow remark Magic33 Magic33 . I’m not saying that they should give it a clear sole because that wouldn’t be OG either but acting like the black sole trash they’ve been putting out is okay is laughable at best and y’all are wild’n lol. Give us the OG sole! Does that make sense? Lol
The bottom shoe (retro pairs) are smoke soles too, black translucent soles are different. Black based Foamposites have used the different varieties of the smoke sole over the years. Smoke soles are really just greyish translucent soles. The effect can be on the lighter side (being closer to clear soles), or the darker side (being closer to black soles)

The Voltage Piar had smoke sole..
Screen-shot-2011-12-16-at-2.31.37-AM.png

Foamposite Pros released with darker smoke shoes for years in the DMV during the early 2000s
review_foampositeone_heelblk_1500.png

The Anthracite pair had a straight black sole...
Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Anthracite-Blackout-2020.jpg

The Stealth's soles had a very light smoke soles....
nike-air-foamposite-one-black-medium-grey-release-date.jpg

The effect on the OG seem to be even lighter on the Stealths. So I maybe lighten the soles a bit from the retros but I agree that darker soles are better on the shoe than what was on the OG. Because the OGs still turned piss yellow

You know what? What’s the difference, it’s not like they seem poised to ever give them to us anyway :rofl:
But if they do, that one pair of foams shows what they should strive for. Just my opinion and preference, anyway.

The OG blk/red might be my favorite Jordan ever. Desperately want those to come out the right way. As far as the cement joints based off the 3s, I like!!! Will pick up a pair. Wish they could have used those soles for the past blk/red retro’s instead of smoked smh.

A smoked opaque sole is one thing, but an all out BLACK sole like the one you see here is another. The former should not be that damn hard for JB to replicate. With as many 11s as we all buy with the understanding that they’ll eventually yellow, I can’t believe y’all are defending JB with this black sole trash for the sake of trying to prevent yellowing or being worried that the shoe will eventually yellow over time. These in particular actually look amazing when they yellow anyway so I disagree about the piss yellow remark Magic33 Magic33 . I’m not saying that they should give it a clear sole because that wouldn’t be OG either but acting like the black sole they’ve been putting out is okay is laughable at best and y’all are wild’n lol. Give us the OG sole! Does that make sense? Lol
They need to retro them correctly!!
I have not seen a retro so drastically changed!!

nubuck side panels
Clear smoke sole
And please the correct carbon fiber!! (Red/black)
Red Traction pods as well

Back
Top Bottom