Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

OG2345, my 09 JAMS look eXACTLY LIKE THAT, DS still. its almost like you took mine and took a photo its identical.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

^ Store them the same way they were when you bought them. I don't know where this whole "putting shoes in bags" idea came from, but it's border line ******ed. Paper has nothing to do with the yellowing either.

Actually it does. From my experience. I have a pair of Black/university 5s and the portions of the blue sole on side of shoe exposed/touching the paper became yellow/green while the rest of the shoe is still icy blue. Had to seaglow only where it was yellow. Best bet is to take out that tan paper. Haven't had any issue with the new white paper (2006 DMPs, Carbon fiber print paper (2009 SJs, 2010 CGs)

yeah, it also seems like all the pairs of DS 2001 black cement 3's i've seen with yellowed misdoles are the ones that were stored with the paper in the box. sometimes you'll see pairs with only one side of the midsole yellowed, and it was the side sitting down right on the paper. i picked up a DS pair earlier this year that wasn't stored with the paper and the midsoles were completely white on each side.

so it sounds like the only thing you really can do is take the paper out, but DON'T put silica packs in the box? putting them in bags really helps? but don't put 'em in a ziplock or something and seal it shut, right?

i dunno, i think i'm gonna have my cool greys and these dyed with rit dye several times over (same color blue) which i've been told will basically stop the yellowing from even happening.

It really does make a difference pulling the paper out.

The paper has chemicals that aren't good for your clear soles

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

^ Store them the same way they were when you bought them. I don't know where this whole "putting shoes in bags" idea came from, but it's border line ******ed. Paper has nothing to do with the yellowing either.

Actually it does. From my experience. I have a pair of Black/university 5s and the portions of the blue sole on side of shoe exposed/touching the paper became yellow/green while the rest of the shoe is still icy blue. Had to seaglow only where it was yellow. Best bet is to take out that tan paper. Haven't had any issue with the new white paper (2006 DMPs, Carbon fiber print paper (2009 SJs, 2010 CGs)

yeah, it also seems like all the pairs of DS 2001 black cement 3's i've seen with yellowed misdoles are the ones that were stored with the paper in the box. sometimes you'll see pairs with only one side of the midsole yellowed, and it was the side sitting down right on the paper. i picked up a DS pair earlier this year that wasn't stored with the paper and the midsoles were completely white on each side.

so it sounds like the only thing you really can do is take the paper out, but DON'T put silica packs in the box? putting them in bags really helps? but don't put 'em in a ziplock or something and seal it shut, right?

i dunno, i think i'm gonna have my cool greys and these dyed with rit dye several times over (same color blue) which i've been told will basically stop the yellowing from even happening.

Ive had my pair of Fire Red V's from 2000 in the box with the paper since January of 2000.  They are still icey.  Ive always had them in a cool dark closet, and always stored them at the bottom of the closet.  From what I understand the air is a little cooler at the bottom.  I could be wrong about the air, but I still do it anyway.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

IF you seaglow those joints outdoors during this Blazing summer, go ahead and run to Home Depot or Lowes to grab some contact cement. I seaglowed my 2000 SJ's and there was MAD sole separation. contact cement works wonders though. I've used it on those and my 2001 Black Cement III's (Nike Air Bi#%es!!!!!!) as well as the SJ's. Solid as they were when brand new!!!

Kind of off topic, but so are SJ's in the Concord thread.
tongue.gif

Really? It hasn't been really hot in LA lately though, its at a cool 75 right now, I didn't know that the soles might separate even if the shoes are DS. I was told I can seaglow them even if new. Hmmm, now you got me thinking, soles don't look yellow from side view angle but if you see them from the bottom, then damn...here's a side view angle....

So for all those who are experts on seaglow....NO SEAGLOW on DS 2009's or YES??
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

no wear them
I want to wear them, but I still got my other '09 pair, not brand new but still wearable. I was hoping to wear my DS pair whenever I have a kid in the future, since I too bought crib size Jams....

Originally Posted by OG2345

Originally Posted by ColdCity

no wear them
I want to wear them, but I still got my other '09 pair, not brand new but still wearable. I was hoping to wear my DS pair whenever I have a kid in the future, since I too bought crib size Jams....

oh ok well wait for jr & wear the other pair but dont seaglow a ds pair especially if they are not that bad...... my ds 01 cg's are more yellow than that & i wouldnt sg them

Originally Posted by OG2345

IF you seaglow those joints outdoors during this Blazing summer, go ahead and run to Home Depot or Lowes to grab some contact cement. I seaglowed my 2000 SJ's and there was MAD sole separation. contact cement works wonders though. I've used it on those and my 2001 Black Cement III's (Nike Air Bi#%es!!!!!!) as well as the SJ's. Solid as they were when brand new!!!

Kind of off topic, but so are SJ's in the Concord thread.
tongue.gif

Really? It hasn't been really hot in LA lately though, its at a cool 75 right now, I didn't know that the soles might separate even if the shoes are DS. I was told I can seaglow them even if new. Hmmm, now you got me thinking, soles don't look yellow from side view angle but if you see them from the bottom, then damn...here's a side view angle....

So for all those who are experts on seaglow....NO SEAGLOW on DS 2009's or YES??
indifferent.gif

If your outside temp is 75 degrees, you should be golden! I'm in Dallas and when I Sea glowed, it was at least 92 and I let them sit out there for about 30 minutes too long. (Damn COD!) But I'd say you should be good...and I KNOW dudes were seaglowing the SJ's while DS. That's how half these cats ended up with blue tinted soles. Go for it. But if ever you DO see sole separation...Now you know what the cure all is. Good luck!

Originally Posted by El Bro

Ive had my pair of Fire Red V's from 2000 in the box with the paper since January of 2000.  They are still icey.  Ive always had them in a cool dark closet, and always stored them at the bottom of the closet.  From what I understand the air is a little cooler at the bottom.  I could be wrong about the air, but I still do it anyway.
Same here, I've never had issue with the paper.  Who came up with that theory by the way?    Yes the paper making process involves chemicals, but has that really been proven to yellow the sneakers?  
2001 True Blue, 2001 Black/Cements have been stored with the paper for over 10 years now, and they still look new.   

We see people showing off their shoes like display pieces, and shoes are all out in the open taking in sunlight, moisture, and dust.  That's what's yellowing your shoes faster. 

i'm still trying to wrap my mind around how paper causes yellowing...

especially considering the yellow color change is caused by oxidation..

my dmps and cg's show no yellowing, both just left in box with paper..

i definitely dont see how it can change clear soles...white soles perhaps, at which point it would actually be staining the shoe considering the color of some of the older jordan and nike paper is a beige look. as far as changing the icey soles..ehh

If your outside temp is 75 degrees, you should be golden! I'm in Dallas and when I Sea glowed, it was at least 92 and I let them sit out there for about 30 minutes too long. (Damn COD!) But I'd say you should be good...and I KNOW dudes were seaglowing the SJ's while DS. That's how half these cats ended up with blue tinted soles. Go for it. But if ever you DO see sole separation...Now you know what the cure all is. Good luck!

Ugh...decisions decisions, I might seaglow them later if they get pissed yellow, but we'll see..thanks guys for the heads up!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigwhitetree

Isn't this a forum about Concords? Why are we talking about Spacejams?

well the seller has Concords and people are wondering if they are legit.. thats why.

Originally Posted by Gink

Originally Posted by Freeze

wow! sds joints lookin fresh off the showroom floor compared to those above..curious..
fishy business if you ask me. how'd they keep them so icey for 2 yrs?

I have been wondering the same thing as well...there's NT'ers on here with DS pairs that has yellowed or some yellowing already. I mean the tags on the re-stock says 2009 but yet it still has a STRONG glue smell and super ICY bottoms. How are they stocking their pairs to make it look so crispy and smell so new compared to the pairs we have here in the states? I really want a pair of Jams but this re-stock is suspect to me. Like someone said on here...isn't there a code on the tag where you can hit up NIKE and ask them if the pair is legit? I guess my question is...was this really made in 2009 and kept ICY since then or did they just make this and slab a 2009 tag on them. If someone could help me answer this question it would be so helpful as I'm planning to get some Jams and was wondering to get it from a re-stock or look for a DS slight yellowing ones as far as legit factor go's. Thanks fellas!

As far as Eastbay or my local NikeTown having re-stock on Cool Greys and being so icy, I can believe that. those were made last year but the Jams?
nerd.gif

Sorry if it's not a concord related question and spacejam topic is long gone and i really didnt think i should make a new topic for one question.

Originally Posted by rareair45

Good idea to take the paper out of the boxes.

Mine have been out of both Jams and CG's boxes since they claimed it was causing yellowing on shoes....

Idk what everones deal is about the spacejams yellowing, SDS just has the perfect storage conditions.......
smile.gif

Originally Posted by topnotchflip

Originally Posted by Gink

Originally Posted by Freeze

wow! sds joints lookin fresh off the showroom floor compared to those above..curious..
fishy business if you ask me. how'd they keep them so icey for 2 yrs?

I have been wondering the same thing as well...there's NT'ers on here with DS pairs that has yellowed or some yellowing already. I mean the tags on the re-stock says 2009 but yet it still has a STRONG glue smell and super ICY bottoms. How are they stocking their pairs to make it look so crispy and smell so new compared to the pairs we have here in the states? I really want a pair of Jams but this re-stock is suspect to me. Like someone said on here...isn't there a code on the tag where you can hit up NIKE and ask them if the pair is legit? I guess my question is...was this really made in 2009 and kept ICY since then or did they just make this and slab a 2009 tag on them. If someone could help me answer this question it would be so helpful as I'm planning to get some Jams and was wondering to get it from a re-stock or look for a DS slight yellowing ones as far as legit factor go's. Thanks fellas!

As far as Eastbay or my local NikeTown having re-stock on Cool Greys and being so icy, I can believe that. those were made last year but the Jams?
nerd.gif

Sorry if it's not a concord related question and spacejam topic is long gone and i really didnt think i should make a new topic for one question.
Very good point topnotchflip. My Jams are also DS but have some yellowing on the soles even though there is no paper inside the box.  How can sites like SDS and AR have super icy shoes that are almost 2 years old? Even if they are legit, it still makes you wonder.

Back
Top Bottom