Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

THe XX8's with the shroud down remind me a lot of the XV's, they got that Link from Zelda look. WIth the shroud up they finally develop a double lace system that works. 

Its also a generalization that haters claim the xx8 would only sell because they were limited (maybe 25.000 pairs for each colorway? Instead of 300.000 pairs of general release?)
I was sure to get a pair one week before the initial release and i did not know that these were so limited and wanted by so many.
I rather thought these will only be purchased by a few hypebeasts, jordan collectors and ballers.
But the demand was much higher than expected.
I remember that shoes like the foamposites/flightposites did not sell that fast despite of being limited as well back then.
The clue is:
Tinker Hatfield did it again. He created another masterpiece where u have to look longer to the design before u understand his concept and tje beauty. It has been often since the aj13, that u first hate them and then love them.
The XV was different to me. While i liked them in zhe pics i was disappointed when wearing them.
This.  Well said.  I've seen vids and interviews with Tinker where he compared the XX8 to a high-end concept car.  It's revolutionary, somewhat shocking in appearance, but also...a game changer.  I have the Stealths, Blue Camo, and Red Camo and fall in love with them more a little each day.  You either get it or you don't. 

This.  Well said.  I've seen vids and interviews with Tinker where he compared the XX8 to a high-end concept car.  It's revolutionary, somewhat shocking in appearance, but also...a game changer.  I have the Stealths, Blue Camo, and Red Camo and fall in love with them more a little each day.  You either get it or you don't. 

yeah. I mean if a new Air Jordan does not look extraordinary, that model might sell because the mainstream audience accept it,
but Jordan collectors will be not so amused.
I remember that I was not excited about the XX2 and XX3 when they released. Not because they looked bad but somehow I had too
many deja-vus with them. Both were not really revolutionary looking by the time they released. The XX2 were not much special
after seeing the XX and XX1 before.
The XX3 reminded me mostly of some T-Mac X And1 X AJ XVII's midsole design.
The 2009 looked like a updated XIV.
The 2010 had that funny bull eye window, but overall the design was not appealing to me
The 2011 reminded me a lot of the XI and XII with the touch of the Kobe's outsoles
The 2012 is another attempt to make a basketball shoe look like a dress shoe (refer to XVI)
The 2013/XX8 is however one of the most radical design leap. Much like the jump from XII to XIII.

First time poster, long time lurker.

I personally love the fact many hate this shoe or can't afford to buy it. Fewer ppl out there with the same kicks. Even better that the colour pack didn't release in Australia and I managed to get my photo blues online. Pretty sure I won't run into anyone wearing these on the court unlike the breds, space jams etc.

Ok, i have quite a few pairs of the 2012 Jordans, they are all 10.5 and they fit great, but...... i have been purchasing others like the Lebron X's in size 10.5 and KD V's in 10 and

Penny V's in 10.

I play ball in all of these and i like my shoe to fit like a glove and my toe to be right at the end of the toe box.  And i realize that it seems all shoes fit differently, so it makes me hesitant to purchase these without trying them on first. Do they fit alot like the 2012 J's?

so apparently these are the XX8 Lite's. Eww.

Might just have to cop the White/Black camo pair. The silhouette of these Lites look similar to the Air Max Barkleys

The lites look bloody awful. The whole point of this shoe is the shroud which makes it different. Take that away and you're left with a plain shoe. It doesn't help that they've painted them in vomit inducing colors

I'm a bit disappointed with the inner bootie colors. My favourites are the black stealth, blue, and yellow so far but the booties don't compliment the shroud at all

The lites look bloody awful. The whole point of this shoe is the shroud which makes it different. Take that away and you're left with a plain shoe. It doesn't help that they've painted them in vomit inducing colors

I agree with the shroud comment. But with the right color blocking it can be saved.

I'm not a huge fan of the lites, just the camo is throwing me off but it is kind of cool that they kept the camo theme all the way to the sole of the shoe to

It looks like they will be the same performing shoe just without a shroud, for the people who didn't like the look.

But then they have to do something equally polarizing by using that camo pattern...

I think they should release one with wheat colored suede shroud and gum outsole looking like the ACU us army boots, as the xx8 were inspired by military combat boots.
Or one with the digital pattern camo (urban camo).

Could someone please create a photoshop please? :smile:
Thank u

Last edited:
They
I have always support the number sig line. But what?!?!?!

They actually look much better than most lows. But the camo thing is just overdone here.
I want some decent digital pattern camo like the us or chinese armed forces are wearing.

I really hope Jordan Brand releases some clean color ways of the XX8 lite.
The shoe has lots of potential, especially if they colorblock the shoe like an XI then everybody will go bananas!
The silhouette looks much better IMO

Anything is better than the 2012 lites. good lord those were ugly but we don't talk about those anymore

Back
Top Bottom