Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Just got my blue camos in...Totally not what i was expecting 
roll.gif

Last edited:
A few on foot pics...Them seem to show a lot of wrinkles unless it's a perfect fit I assume and the material isn't exactly what I was expecting but they're ok definitely not keeping my 2nd pair just gonna hoop in these.

showed up in the mail this afternoon. played a few games in them at the gym. really liking the "uncaged" zoom. still breaking them in, but so far i'm loving them. like the way they feel zipped up all the way. the lacing system works reall well too. i play in ankle braces and the shroud zipped up around my ankle braces with no issue. two thumbs up so far. very happy with them. traction is great, cushioning is great. time will tell as far as durability. definitely recommend them.

I'm going to take a guess and say the elites will be worn by JB schools during march madness.

Last edited:
The Lites with a normal colorblocking will be great. I'll pick up some of those too.

Need to see better pics of the the Lites.  The angles in the initial photos plus that horrible rug they are lying on does the shoe no justice whatsoever.  

I gotta tip my cap to the JB Marketing machine. I really didn't think they could make these sell out immediately but they still got it I guess.

If they get rid of the all over camo print these would be 
nthat.gif
agreed, its hard to get camo right and they're so far off here - however the silhouette of the cut is a lot cleaner and it looks great without the shroud - the upper part of the tongue looks cool too I'd be interested to get a better look at that.

It seems like I wasn't so far off with the PS redesign concept I posted up a few weeks ago...

I'm going to take a guess and say the elites will be worn by JB schools during march madness.
Yep, I think that's exactly what we'll be seeing. I'm not feeling our Carolina pair though. They definitely could have left that camo alone.

Last edited:
I gotta tip my cap to the JB Marketing machine. I really didn't think they could make these sell out immediately but they still got it I guess.
I was surprised as well. I really think JB just made smaller amount because they knew the price and look wouldn't be for everyone. Anyone who works at a store that got them can confirm number of shoes they got? These are only releasing in select shops in my area and those red,blue, and yellow were scattered through out florida. Miami was closet place that got yellow and im in Tampa. We got blue at HOH only.

Those lites are HOT.

Look at the tongue too, the print looks like it goes through the whole shoe.

GUISE. I WANT

the new xx8 lite pics aren't much to work with but I wanted to have a real quick go at PSing a classic colorway for the lites and came up with this:

A few on foot pics...Them seem to show a lot of wrinkles unless it's a perfect fit I assume and the material isn't exactly what I was expecting but they're ok definitely not keeping my 2nd pair just gonna hoop in these.

These do not look remotely good like this.

I want these lites to be like the old "+" j's. Take the AJXVI+, for example. They retained all of the good things about the original, and just made some small changes. Hopefully J Brand doesn't mess this up like they did the AJ 2012 lites with that CRAPPY plastic midfoot shank and early-flywire-era upper. These need to retain the exact sole/midsole from the AJXX8 and just have a toned down upper (has anyone else noticed the STRIKING similarities between the lite XX8's and the "superfly"?). And they need to offer more basic colorways. If they do that, and slap on even a $180 price tag, I'm in.

If the lites are going to be the same as the flagship except without the shroud then it might be a better performance shoe since they will have more ventilation/breathability.

Been hooping in the red and blue ones, haven't broken them in yet but so far they are amazing, everything about this shoe is a 10/10 except for breathability which is terrible when zipped up.

The blue thermals = awesome colorway, but we've just seen in the past 24 hours how good this shoe can look with shorts and how bad it can look for jeans. If you bought these for fashion purposes off the court, at least acknowledge these are a summer shoe best worn shroud down with some shorts. That jean shot just looks like some foot long weiners floppin all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom