Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I typically wear 12's in every Nike I've ever gotten. I got a 12 in the XX8s and they seem snug. Is that just the way they are or did you guys go up a half size?

I typically wear 12's in every Nike I've ever gotten. I got a 12 in the XX8s and they seem snug. Is that just the way they are or did you guys go up a half size?
  I'm the same way.  I ended up having to get an 11.5 in the yellows because that's all I had available to me, and they actually fit fine.  Initially they were a bit tight in the forefoot, but as soon as I loosened up the front lace a bit, they were fine.  I'd probably prefer to have the 12, but to have to go a half size down, I was fine.  Maybe try to undo the front lace a little, and try again?

Peace,

J

the new xx8 lite pics aren't much to work with but I wanted to have a real quick go at PSing a classic colorway for the lites and came up with this:

You wasn't far at all with the PS you posted. If the highs sold well, your colorways would fly off the shelves!

showed up in the mail this afternoon. played a few games in them at the gym. really liking the "uncaged" zoom. still breaking them in, but so far i'm loving them. like the way they feel zipped up all the way. the lacing system works reall well too. i play in ankle braces and the shroud zipped up around my ankle braces with no issue. two thumbs up so far. very happy with them. traction is great, cushioning is great. time will tell as far as durability. definitely recommend them.
You got to get your calves and thighs bigger and stronger so you have a solid base. I messed up my ankle real bad and had to play in an aircast. It reduced my speed by at least 10%. I no longer need it after bulking up my legs

You got to get your calves and thighs bigger and stronger so you have a solid base. I messed up my ankle real bad and had to play in an aircast. It reduced my speed by at least 10%. I no longer need it after bulking up my legs

My body is really beat up from a 15 year career as a professional wrestler. Regardless of calf strength, there's no way I'd ever take the court without ankle braces and knee sleeves.

My body is really beat up from a 15 year career as a professional wrestler. Regardless of calf strength, there's no way I'd ever take the court without ankle braces and knee sleeves.

Pro wrestler?:nerd::nerd: Do we know you?

The lites look terrible.... Looks like they changed the toe into more of a box shape.

It's a shame because the silhouette/shape of the xx8 was never the issue.

I gotta tip my cap to the JB Marketing machine. I really didn't think they could make these sell out immediately but they still got it I guess.
I was surprised as well. I really think JB just made smaller amount because they knew the price and look wouldn't be for everyone. Anyone who works at a store that got them can confirm number of shoes they got? These are only releasing in select shops in my area and those red,blue, and yellow were scattered through out florida. Miami was closet place that got yellow and im in Tampa. We got blue at HOH only.

HOH Orlando got all three colors. Only had the Reds on release date but the Yellows and Blues came in the following Monday. I'm pretty sure there was a delay in shipment to each store but all ended up with pairs of each colorway.

so apparently these are the XX8 Lite's. Eww.

What happen to keeping it simple :stoneface:

The camo on the lites seem like CW specifically for JB schools so I'm hoping the rest of them are more subtle.

Anyone know where I can get the Blue Thermals for retail? I'm in NYC and wear a size 13.

Thanks,

I was surprised as well. I really think JB just made smaller amount because they knew the price and look wouldn't be for everyone. Anyone who works at a store that got them can confirm number of shoes they got? These are only releasing in select shops in my area and those red,blue, and yellow were scattered through out florida. Miami was closet place that got yellow and im in Tampa. We got blue at HOH only.
I highly doubt these shoes were made in small numbers. JB just waiting for the right time to restock. I might get blasted for this but I wouldn't be suprised if there a price adjustment, as with the 17's. Only because I think there's a **** load of these shoes sitting somewhere.

I highly doubt these shoes were made in small numbers. JB just waiting for the right time to restock. I might get blasted for this but I wouldn't be suprised if there a price adjustment, as with the 17's. Only because I think there's a **** load of these shoes sitting somewhere.

Uhh, no.

You think they made a limited number of a signature shoe? Jordan brand had to be smarter with these because they are afraid of bursting the bubble and i don't think that they wanted this to be the shoe that did it. But believe me, with the marketing campaign behind these shoes and the big roll out, there's NO WAY these were produce in limited numbers.

You think they made a limited number of a signature shoe? Jordan brand had to be smarter with these because they are afraid of bursting the bubble and i don't think that they wanted this to be the shoe that did it. But believe me, with the marketing campaign behind these shoes and the big roll out, there's NO WAY these were produce in limited numbers.

Then why is it that eastbay, NDC, FTL, FNL all sold out of most of these colorways in a few hours?

Limited quantities made. You're right, they had to be smart on these, they are trying to sell boots as basketball shoes. In the beginning they are going to be limited to get the hype up. They will probably made in higher quantities later in the year, and we may even see restocks.

IMO

No, I think they have made limited numbers of each CW. 14 colorways in 2 months or so is a lot of shoes to drop. I've been pretty adamant about this: the whole push is to draw up hype for when they go on ID and you can get whatever you want. There's clearly a strategy in place to show many different looks for the shoe, but limit each CW to create more interest for when anyone can get a pair. Since we've already determined this is at the high end of the market, they figure anyone who wants them will shell out the $300 plus tax thru ID.

Then why is it that eastbay, NDC, FTL, FNL all sold out of most of these colorways in a few hours?

Limited quantities made. You're right, they had to be smart on these, they are trying to sell boots as basketball shoes. In the beginning they are going to be limited to get the hype up. They will probably made in higher quantities later in the year, and we may even see restocks.

IMO
But don't you remember that those same sites were saying back order until 3/08/13 on some colorways the same day they released! I think they just dipped into the reserve once they figured out that the demand was higher than they expected. And remember these are Jordans in the year 2013, hours are days, for a shoe release!

Last edited:
No, I think they have made limited numbers of each CW. 14 colorways in 2 months or so is a lot of shoes to drop. I've been pretty adamant about this: the whole push is to draw up hype for when they go on ID and you can get whatever you want. There's clearly a strategy in place to show many different looks for the shoe, but limit each CW to create more interest for when anyone can get a pair. Since we've already determined this is at the high end of the market, they figure anyone who wants them will shell out the $300 plus tax thru ID.
Ok. Agreed! That makes sense but the overall number to me was comparable to a single colorway release. I even got a pair in cart, which is a first since 2006 for me, LOL.

You wasn't far at all with the PS you posted. If the highs sold well, your colorways would fly off the shelves!
Thanks! Yeah for the most part I really haven't been feeling the colorways/prints that they've been bringing so far at all. I know that the colorways I put out there have been nothing new/sticking with the classics, but I'm not necessarily against going with something radical.

The whole camo thing or the print thing could may have had conceptual potential to realise but the execution is just plain terrible - Tinker will go down in the books as a great product designer but it seems his fashion/style sensibilities are way off; perhaps its harsh to lay it all on him as I'm sure there's a team who works on these things. 

Whatever the case - for me the colorways have been way off the mark so far, lets see what else they bring to the table.

maybe in 2016 on the 20th aniversary of Space Jam we'll see the XXXI release in a Space Jam colorway!

Every single signature Jordan since 2009 were sitting on shelves because they were made in too high of numbers. There's no reason to be more conservative with a shoe that 1. looks totally different than anything we have seen before and 2. is the highest priced shoe on the market.

The hype was built and the shoes have sold out everywhere they've dropped. You either love em or hate em.

If you play basketball and you own these FOR basketball, you LOVE them. I don't have a single gripe about them.

Back
Top Bottom