Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I think the direction Jordan brand is heading right now is them wanting to make a superior basketball shoe. Trade off as of late has been the appearance however. This joint has gotten better on my eyes each time i look at it though.

That's always been their intentions, but I think MORE of their focus has been on the lifestyle CRAP we got from 2006-2011ish. With the team shoes getting better and better and the signature shoes being top tier for CP, Melo and the main line I definitely like how things have gone.

Ever since the Fly Wade 2 dropped it seems like JB has been putting out great shoes for the court.

You know if I was going to produce such a amazingly engineered shoe I would pre-sell them in areas that appreciate engineering. As well as the ability to know that these are like foot carbon fiber knuckles for those that can kick well. 

yeah indeed, all sold out even the red, blue and yellow colorway all gone
mean.gif
chinese people these days are going crazy for nike and JB sneakers esp limited edition
China got the color pack? Damn nike didn't even release it Europe

Hours are considered sitting when it comes to retros, since it's rare that a retro sits.

If MJ would still play and dominate the league, u can bet any signature from him would sell well.
MJ was the best hype for his shoes. :wink:

Last edited:
China got the color pack? Damn nike didn't even release it Europe

What do u mean with these days? Its been a while they r crazy about jordans. Most of them just could not afford them and purchased fakes or illegally overproduced jordans instead.

Got my blue camo in today, real interesting shoes, real snugged but little bit long. When I walked on em, felt like the reebok easy tone, no other ppl felt the same? But of course, the zoom air squashed when u really step on it, if u just lightly plant ur foot, it does has that imbalance feel. They'r cool shoes, but couldn't find the price justify with the materials being used. And my feet were damn hot just wore em for 5mins. Idk, not too crazy about the colorway, but they're a cool sport boots, I probably gonna cop the hardwoods, since those r more like actual fashion boots without crazy color print on em. Subtle, simple but not boring.

What do u mean with these days? Its been a while they r crazy about jordans. Most of them just could not afford them and purchased fakes or illegally overproduced jordans instead.

before sneaker culture in here only apply for those collecting J for very long time true sneaker head but after that concord release 2011 and galaxy pack after that, more and more people driving crazy over a pair of limited edition nike and JB sneakers. nowadays it's almost same situation here and US , more and more people camp out for sneaker day before release and lots of reseller.

before sneaker culture in here only apply for those collecting J for very long time true sneaker head but after that concord release 2011 and galaxy pack after that, more and more people driving crazy over a pair of limited edition nike and JB sneakers. nowadays it's almost same situation here and US , more and more people camp out for sneaker day before release and lots of reseller.

True.
In the past, u only have the camping for air jordans in the usa. But since late 2011, jordans are very popular in a global sense like they used to be in the 1990's.
Actually even the socalled hypebeasts who dont really care about michael jordan and basketball buy jordans nowadays much more.
But they usually stick around with the retro 1 to 12, fusions and other casual jordans, not caring about the performance basketball shoes from jordan.

True.
In the past, u only have the camping for air jordans in the usa. But since late 2011, jordans are very popular in a global sense like they used to be in the 1990's.
Actually even the socalled hypebeasts who dont really care about michael jordan and basketball buy jordans nowadays much more.
But they usually stick around with the retro 1 to 12, fusions and other casual jordans, not caring about the performance basketball shoes from jordan.
i don't know what nike and JB doing for AJ XX8 campaign but lot of people here in china are buying this for casual rather than ballin' in these :rolleyes even the retail price in here are much more expensive than in US

I kinda feel these black camo pics, wonder why they pulled them off the shelves so quick

Via: sneakernews
The release date for them was too soon.  They were pulled off the shelves at the HOH here but not before I bought a pair. The pics don't really do them justice.  Very nice shoe in my opinion.  

If the lites are going to be the same as the flagship except without the shroud then it might be a better performance shoe since they will have more ventilation/breathability.

Been hooping in the red and blue ones, haven't broken them in yet but so far they are amazing, everything about this shoe is a 10/10 except for breathability which is terrible when zipped up.
Yeah my feet sweat in these after a couple of mins without even playing!

The release date for them was too soon.  They were pulled off the shelves at the HOH here but not before I bought a pair. The pics don't really do them justice.  Very nice shoe in my opinion.  

I really hope the Black Camo's come out again. I tried them on and wanted to buy them, but my funds weren't right that day so I had to wait...then bam...they get recalled. :smh:

Not feeling my black volts so much. The black looks good but the material is properly cheap. And the volt isn't one of my favourite colors.

Thinking I'm going to go for the hardwood, black/ red or orange, and the origami one to spice it up a bit.

Last edited:
Not feeling my black volts so much. The black looks good but the material is properly cheap. And the volt isn't one of my favourite colors.

Thinking I'm going to go for the hardwood, black/ red or orange, and the origami one to spice it up a bit.
Kinda why I skipped on the black volts. The volt I think gets overused these days, and the solid color shroud on these makes it look more like a boot. 

Those Hardwoods are FRESH though. The preforations and actual hardwood plate set it off real proper.

jb put the wrong celebrity in these
Not a fan of this cat either but I don't think JB is really concerned about who buys their product as long as its bought and marketed.  If its a celebrity who's in the public eye; its a win win for them.  

Last edited:
One of the best things of Jordan's is how you remember the first time you seen someone wearing them, and how many times you created memories wearing them as well. 

This limited availability nonsense is silly on the flagship jordan. They've turned what  is a basketball shoe into a hypebeast shoe. The flagship should be easily available

No its not nonsense.
They are limited because they are releasing at least 16 different colorways,while most air jordans as flagship were only released in 3 to 4 colorways!
U cannot expect nike to produce 300.000 pairs of each aj xx8 colorways!

No its not nonsense.
They are limited because they are releasing at least 16 different colorways,while most air jordans as flagship were only released in 3 to 4 colorways!
U cannot expect nike to produce 300.000 pairs of each aj xx8 colorways!
I'd expect you of all people to dislike the limited availibilty not encourage it. You had to get a pair from the US because they are so limited. And if this shoe is so great and revolutionary ( I do like it) it should sell based on that not on how limited it is. This is the problem  with nike nowadays. Their main selling point is it's limited so get them now. Not that it's a quality product. They do so all the time with retros ( they certainly can't say those are a quality product) but I expect different for their flagship basketball shoe

I'd expect you of all people to dislike the limited availibilty not encourage it. You had to get a pair from the US because they are so limited. And if this shoe is so great and revolutionary ( I do like it) it should sell based on that not on how limited it is. This is the problem  with nike nowadays. Their main selling point is it's limited so get them now. Not that it's a quality product. They do so all the time with retros ( they certainly can't say those are a quality product) but I expect different for their flagship basketball shoe
I respect your opinion but I think that JB/Nike is taking the right direction with this flagship model. The 2012s didn't sell as well as these but thats because they took a different approach. I think that by them doing these as a more limited release and taking better marketing strategies to promote these is a step toward making it a more successful model.

Back
Top Bottom