Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

After wearing a pair of these zipped up, I realized the fell of them was exactly like a motorsport riding shoe. I owned a pair of Dainese riding boots, and the height, feel and cut of the boot is very similar to the xx8. I wonder if that was a factor in the creation process...
Jordan XX8 Motorsports 
nthat.gif

THIS. This whole shoe thing is getting out of hand. You walk into Gucci and go on a shopping experience. They sit you down, bring you champagne, and let you look through their stuff. Makes it feel like they value you as a customer. These shoes? I go to HOH/Champs/FTA/FNL, and I can't even try on a damn shoe. It's buy it or leave. Once they have your money they rush you out the store. 

I wanted to try on the Black XX8 on release morning. I was buying the Joker 3's and wanted to try the XX8 on, since it's a new shoe that I've never felt before. Dude tells me to go and make the end of the line again to try on the XX8's. No one was there that morning to buy the XX8. Everyone was the Barkley Posites and the Jokers. I was like REALLY?! So I walked to HOH and tried them on there. Ridiculous...
Wow. Sorry to hear about your experience with the XX8.  I have to say that the HOH where I'm located is very professional and they treat you like a valued customer.  They always let me look around first and if I want to try something on they go to the back and grab it.  It's not Gucci service but they do take the shoe out of the box unlace it and remove the stuffing to make it easier to put on.  I guess its who you are dealing with.  

THIS. This whole shoe thing is getting out of hand. You walk into Gucci and go on a shopping experience. They sit you down, bring you champagne, and let you look through their stuff. Makes it feel like they value you as a customer. These shoes? I go to HOH/Champs/FTA/FNL, and I can't even try on a damn shoe. It's buy it or leave. Once they have your money they rush you out the store. 

I wanted to try on the Black XX8 on release morning. I was buying the Joker 3's and wanted to try the XX8 on, since it's a new shoe that I've never felt before. Dude tells me to go and make the end of the line again to try on the XX8's. No one was there that morning to buy the XX8. Everyone was the Barkley Posites and the Jokers. I was like REALLY?! So I walked to HOH and tried them on there. Ridiculous...
Wow. Sorry to hear about your experience with the XX8.  I have to say that the HOH where I'm located is very professional and they treat you like a valued customer.  They always let me look around first and if I want to try something on they go to the back and grab it.  It's not Gucci service but they do take the shoe out of the box unlace it and remove the stuffing to make it easier to put on.  I guess its who you are dealing with.  
I didn't post that the place that wanted me to re-make the line was Foot Action. HOH is hit or miss. Most of the places here are like that. Unless you know someone, they get pissed at every little thing...

I didn't post that the place that wanted me to re-make the line was Foot Action. HOH is hit or miss. Most of the places here are like that. Unless you know someone, they get pissed at every little thing...

Well thats when you turn up on em and question what they're doing. At most of these stores all you have to do is mention "district manager" and they'll bow down to you and do whatever you want. >D

Well thats when you turn up on em and question what they're doing. At most of these stores all you have to do is mention "district manager" and they'll bow down to you and do whatever you want.
grin.gif
I usually don't pull that out unless they really try some fugazi business like making some BS excuse for not selling me a pair I just tried on when in reality they holding it for their boy. I'm just tired of jumping through hoops for the opportunity to spend $200+ on a pair of sneakers. It's getting old.

I have no interest in either of those shoes since I am not some hypebeast that buys a shoe because some rapper endorsed it. That actually makes me want it a lot less.
In Europe these sold out in minutes. So they coul certainly have produced more units and still have them sell out. I don't know where you got 300,000 from, it seems arbitrary and nike certainly wouldn't reveal its production numbers because otherwise they couldn't say it was "limited".

The Air Jordan is a luxury product, this should be reflected in the shopping experience also, not just the materials and performance. Do you think it is this difficult to buy $400 shoes from Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana?

The black/royal 1 was indeed a typical sample for successful hype with the factors being made with authentic design wit the mesh tongue and nike air plus being announced as very limited.
The chicago bulls didnt sell out because they had the leather tongue, jumpman, not being limited and the colorway is maybe too red for non-bulls fans.

Limited is relative. It ranges from 1.000 pairs to 25.000 pairs usually. A general release usually has at least 250.000 pairs and are available also for infants and kids.
Jb does not want air jordans sit too much. Not only in matter of prestige but also to avoid low revenue when too many pairs have to be sold at much lower retail.
The limited edition phenomena is not only with air jordans but also with coins, computer games, consoles, cars etc. To lure collectors to spend more money.

Cool. I was just giving an example of how I've been treated at the store I primarily shop at.  I guess it does boil down to who you know and who knows you.  I give them a lot of business but I can't say that I'm treated any differently than any other customer.  At least not during the times that I've been there.  And I'm there a lot.  
roll.gif

^I highly doubt these go on sale. Its a pretty smart plan IMO, these are being released in such low numbers that it makes the shoe "special" even if you're not very fond of the design, at least you can be "exclusive" which is what lots of guys are into these days. The 2012s were widely available in my experience, they were everywhere except on peoples feet. I can see the XX8 Lite being more widely available, but if they release a boatload of XX8s they'll sit and the brand will lose all the momentum and "swag perception" that they've built up.

I agree. With the limited quantities for these shoes I doubt they will see the inside of an outlet.  There are still some Blue, Red, and Yellow Camos available where I am but I think those that are the last available pairs.  The selling of them has slowed due to new releases.  However, I think they will be gone in the coming weeks.  I've gotten all of them including the Black/White/Camo that was recalled.  

I really like the shoe and couldn't wait for the release.  I've always been excited to see the new flagship model Air Jordan but this one took me back to my younger days.  I haven't balled or worn any of them yet other than the initial try on and walk around.  But they are extremely comfortable and light.  The design in totally different and that's a plus for me.  Never been one to follow the latest trend and try to have every shoe that someone hypes up.  Just doing me.  
smile.gif
not trying to send shots, but you guys have no idea what youre talking about

unless you mean specific cws, what i said stands firm, and when i get my pair around September of this year, i will personally pm you guys my receipt with my pair on feet

getting them strictly for hoops btw so im in no rush to purchase

You will not find any of the CW's that have already dropped in outlets.

There may be a few B-grades that end up somewhere, but they won't be across the nation sitting at multiple outlets AT ALL.

You will not find any of the CW's that have already dropped in outlets.

There may be a few B-grades that end up somewhere, but they won't be across the nation sitting at multiple outlets AT ALL.
psych

you guys should know better man, idk, maybe you guys are trying to convince yourselves that the 250 was a smart move, or you want to feel special since you got them now

the lebron elite IXs were much more sough after than these joints are, and i was able to scoop for 130 so miss me with that "you wont be getting these from outlets" talk

psych

you guys should know better man, idk, maybe you guys are trying to convince yourselves that the 250 was a smart move, or you want to feel special since you got them now

the lebron elite IXs were much more sough after than these joints are, and i was able to scoop for 130 so miss me with that "you wont be getting these from outlets" talk

I don't have a pair so I'm not trying to convince myself of anything.

What you're describing, at least in my experience has never occurred before, and I have no reason to think it's going on with the XX8 to be honest. I'm not sure where you live exactly, where easy releases are somehow initially difficult to find, but over here all manner of Nike Elite Series shoes sat with the exception of the MVs (and those are the only ones I'd really call sought after or hyped). I really don't see the correlation between the two shoes, and I'm willing to bet "you won't be getting these from outlets" , at least not any of the XX8s that have released so far. For what it's worth I hope you do get them from an outlet because that means I'll be getting them cheap too.

psych

I don't have a pair so I'm not trying to convince myself of anything.

What you're describing, at least in my experience has never occurred before, and I have no reason to think it's going on with the XX8 to be honest. I'm not sure where you live exactly, where easy releases are somehow initially difficult to find, but over here all manner of Nike Elite Series shoes sat with the exception of the MVs (and those are the only ones I'd really call sought after or hyped). I really don't see the correlation between the two shoes, and I'm willing to bet "you won't be getting these from outlets" , at least not any of the XX8s that have released so far. For what it's worth I hope you do get them from an outlet because that means I'll be getting them cheap too.
really? name a gr performance shoe, theyve all seen the outlets fam

elites werent even available until they were on sale for 180, then the footlockers i frequent got shipments, my point was theyre both 250, and the lebron thread was definitely bangin harder than this thread when the elites dropped, the elite series more than likely had lower production numbers because it was a specialty shoe, but dont get hung up on the model i chose as a comparison so much, i can think of foams and other 200+ shoes that were "limited" and still saw outlet shelves

not trying to send shots, but you guys have no idea what youre talking about

unless you mean specific cws, what i said stands firm, and when i get my pair around September of this year, i will personally pm you guys my receipt with my pair on feet

getting them strictly for hoops btw so im in no rush to purchase
No shots received Slick.  
smile.gif
  But I gotta disagree man.  The likelihood of the volts or any of the previously released colorways hitting outlets is slim.  As far as future release colorways are concerned that remains to be seen.  I say this because only certain stores seem to be getting them and on top of that they only get so many of each size.  This release is totally different from the 2012 release.  Everybody and they mama had the 2012's and they sat and are still sitting in some stores.  JB had to have seen a flaw in the marketing of the past flagship models and have done something to prevent the shoes from taking up wall space at stores. 

However, I'm looking forward to seeing your receipt in September when you find an outlet pair.  
roll.gif

Here's this argument again. Every shoe hits the outlet. It doesn't matter what it is. Yeezy's hit the outlets. Everything hits an outlet. There are always B grades. The real issue is whether you will see them or not. These Jordan XX8's have released in straight QS numbers. Every colorway so far. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got them at an outlet, but they won't be sitting around like any of the Elite line from last playoffs. To say you guna cop something at the outlet and to say that something will sit at the outlets and be had at a big discount are two different things. 

My HOH literally received a full size run and a couple scattered sizes in between for the Color pack from last weekend. They usually get more numbers than that. JB is dropping these in very limited amounts. They don't want a 2012 debacle again and it's working...

Here's this argument again. Every shoe hits the outlet. It doesn't matter what it is. Yeezy's hit the outlets. Everything hits an outlet. There are always B grades. The real issue is whether you will see them or not. These Jordan XX8's have released in straight QS numbers. Every colorway so far. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got them at an outlet, but they won't be sitting around like any of the Elite line from last playoffs. To say you guna cop something at the outlet and to say that something will sit at the outlets and be had at a big discount are two different things. 

My HOH literally received a full size run and a couple scattered sizes in between for the Color pack from last weekend. They usually get more numbers than that. JB is dropping these in very limited amounts. They don't want a 2012 debacle again and it's working...
Yep!  True words sir.  The 2009-2012 all hit outlets.  But with the QS mentality that JB is using for the XX8 I highly doubt many will be found there.  If they do it will be pure luck or some quality control issue.  I was able to get the pair(s) that I have for less than retail but I don't see anyone getting multiple colorways for discount at an outlet.  

I can't complain about these being somewhat limited if we're getting damn near 20 colorways. I just feel for those that can only rely on websites to get whatever pair they want. I don't feel sorry for you guys that are lazy and would rather try online than stand in-line at your local store tho lol

Last edited:
first off, is the cw even volt? it looks like a darker green

second, i totally understand where you guys are coming from in the fact that these are not super saturated at every ftl

but theyre sitting at every ftl i walk into. . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
first off, is the cw even volt? it looks like a darker green

second, i totally understand where you guys are coming from in the fact that these are not super saturated at every ftl

but theyre sitting at every ftl i walk into. . . . . .
You're right the color isn't volt.  I think its electric green or something like that. I have to look at the box.  Where do you reside Slick?  I'm starting to see that sales of a certain product tends to depend on where they are being sold.  Here in Raleigh,NC the larger sizes go very quickly and if its an exclusive you can forget about it.  If seems that the FTL's near you got a pretty even distribution of the XX8.  Only 1 store got them here and some employees from other stores didn't even know they were coming out.  

psych

Production numbers were WAY less on the XX8 than the Elite series though. It's not about the price, it's about the raw numbers that have been available.

Back
Top Bottom