Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

prepare for summer release AJ XX8 lite :smokin
jMlLlWj16D5ci.JPG

credit to OP

In the right colorways, these could be ok

i have a feeling we are going to see a $285 price tag once these hit ID, which should have already happened.

I get tired of Jordan Brand and Nike throwing a clear sole on everything. Automatic pass for me. They yellow way too fast these days.

I get tired of Jordan Brand and Nike throwing a clear sole on everything. Automatic pass for me. They yellow way too fast these days.
What are you doing that's causing the soles to yellow so fast?  I have a pair of Cool Grey XI's, Concords, and a pair of Jordan Trainers with a clear sole and they are holding up just fine.  The Cool Grey's are just now starting to yellow.  I know contact with water will speed up the yellowing process but even that takes a while.  

Last edited:
What are you doing that's causing the soles to yellow so fast?  I have a pair of Cool Grey XI's, Concords, and a pair of Jordan Trainers with a clear sole and they are holding up just fine.  The Cool Grey's are just now starting to yellow.  I know contact with water will speed up the yellowing process but even that takes a while.  

i think the better question is what are YOU doing to not cause them to yellow? my cool greys and spacejams yellowed and they were just sitting in the box DS.. do you tip toe around when you wear them once a year? if thats the case then yeah maybe i can understand but clear soles nowadays will begin to change wtihin 10 wears

depends on where you live as well. I think the more humid the area the faster it yellows. 

i think the better question is what are YOU doing to not cause them to yellow? my cool greys and spacejams yellowed and they were just sitting in the box DS.. do you tip toe around when you wear them once a year? if thats the case then yeah maybe i can understand but clear soles nowadays will begin to change wtihin 10 wears
in the end though, the shoes yellow and the clear soles wont be clear for long. I wish it was white, it would get dirty but it wouldnt turn into that gross yellow. you can buy seaglow ant that will help though.

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2009/12/25/prevent-your-icy-sole-from-yellowing/

I think the midsole would make for a nice low top version. I wouldn't mind a couple low releases like they used to do the sigs. Its been a while. I think the 20's were the last ones

xx1-xx3 had lows (sorta)

Yep. I completely forgot about those. I had the black/red XX1 low to ball in.

I knew the XX-XX2 had lows. Never seen the xx3 low, just googled it and it looked like the regular shoe with a dipped sockliner

Its not a look that everyone likes but its nice to wear something other than retros. They are eye catching and definitely feel great on. I like my pair. Wear what you like.
Good point.  I guess I would wear them to beat the crap out of.  I wouldn't pay that price for them though. 

ok i want to ask a serious Q

what are the chances of me getting the red pair for a decent price?

Honestly, I'm not doing anything.  I don't use silica packs, plastic bags, or anything like that.  I wear them and put them back in the box and that's it.  However, it could also be due to the fact that we don't get a lot of humidity here.  I do wear my shoes though (more than once a year and no tip toeing 
laugh.gif
).  Yellowing really isn't something I worry about though cause I know its bound to happen.  I just hear a great deal about how quickly it happens to some people.  Even after a 5 or so wears.

^^^now those are nice. Just keep it plain and simple JB. I'd cop those but only if it were 23 and not the G. Hoyas print

Back
Top Bottom