Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

My bad, stuff came up. Here goes:

Same pattern and material as the Oak Hills. It's a little stiffer than the normal mesh and almost plasticy. Most neutral of the bunch

There's gotta be someone out there for these, but I have no idea who. Normal soft mesh, the blue's a nice shade actually.

Normal soft mesh. The pattern looks silly/crazy in the official photos but is pretty interesting in person. The different parts aren't in the same focus which gives it some real depth, almost looking 3D. I'd compare it to looking at coral in a fish tank.

I was excited for these. The material's allegedly leather. It's super thin and smooth in a way that feels fake, like vinyl or something. It also has some stretch to it and yet looks like it wants to crease up really badly. Unlike the official pics the orange bootie just shines through the perforations. Just no hiding that this is an OKC colorway.

Same pattern and material as the Oak Hills. It's a little stiffer than the normal mesh and almost plasticy. Most neutral of the bunch

There's gotta be someone out there for these, but I have no idea who. Normal soft mesh, the blue's a nice shade actually.

Normal soft mesh. The pattern looks silly/crazy in the official photos but is pretty interesting in person. The different parts aren't in the same focus which gives it some real depth, almost looking 3D. I'd compare it to looking at coral in a fish tank.

I was excited for these. The material's allegedly leather. It's super thin and smooth in a way that feels fake, like vinyl or something. It also has some stretch to it and yet looks like it wants to crease up really badly. Unlike the official pics the orange bootie just shines through the perforations. Just no hiding that this is an OKC colorway.
Very nice man thanks for the preview!  I've wanted the thunder camo since the first time I saw it and I won't be changing my mind about it anytime soon.

The Why Not's shade of blue very is definitely very nice...

Odysseus, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to take all of those pictures and explain them from your point of view. I appreciate it. *thumbs up* :nthat:

Good looking out!  Judging from the pics I think I'm going stick with what I have.  I still hoping they will release the JBC colorways.  

it's sad that these sold now jb has the green light to guide us into la la land along with their LeBron and kobe lines feeding us scam after scam to jack the prices SKY HIGH. honestly one of the biggest ripoffs in America right here. we've basically told nike to make us pay 300 dollars a shoe.
sick.gif
 sad that the retros will be following this. get ready in the coming years for the "elite" and "+" versions @ 350 a piece
mean.gif
 suckers

it's sad that these sold now jb has the green light to guide us into la la land along with their LeBron and kobe lines feeding us scam after scam to jack the prices SKY HIGH. honestly one of the biggest ripoffs in America right here. we've basically told nike to make us pay 300 dollars a shoe.
sick.gif
 sad that the retros will be following this. get ready in the coming years for the "elite" and "+" versions @ 350 a piece
mean.gif
 suckers
As conscious consumers we make the decision as to what we spend our money on.  Nike isn't making anybody do anything.  If people see a product and feel that it is worth the price;  they will buy.  If they don't then they will not.  It's funny  how so many people complain about price but continue to purchase a product.  

If a product doesn't meet someones expectations in regards to quality, materials, or overall aesthetics and that person still chooses to buy, its not the fault of the manufacturer...its the fault of the consumer.  

I like the XX8 and have every colorway that has released with the exception of  the Carbons and Oak Hills.  Do I believe the shoes are worth $270 after tax?  NOPE.  But I didn't pay that and got them for about $190.  Are they worth $190 to me?  Yes.  If I couldn't have gotten them for a price that I felt was more reasonable I wouldn't have bought them.  

it's sad that these sold now jb has the green light to guide us into la la land along with their LeBron and kobe lines feeding us scam after scam to jack the prices SKY HIGH. honestly one of the biggest ripoffs in America right here. we've basically told nike to make us pay 300 dollars a shoe. :x  sad that the retros will be following this. get ready in the coming years for the "elite" and "+" versions @ 350 a piece :smh:  suckers

You act like people didn't just pay $200 for a shoe that released in 1988 with not even half the quality they were originally made. JB can do whatever they want and people will pay. Don't like it? Vote with your dollars. The brand won't miss you....but at least you know you're not part of the problem.

Thank you for the pics of the upcoming releases. Decided against the okc camo. Just might get the why nots. Interesting design for a shoe, although I'd have preferred a clear or black outsole

Honestly F JB and these xx8s man they are making a mocery of this shoe not releasing the best color ways. If I'm spending 250 I have to really like the shoe from top to bottom not kind of like it.

As conscious consumers we make the decision as to what we spend our money on.  Nike isn't making anybody do anything.  If people see a product and feel that it is worth the price;  they will buy.  If they don't then they will not.  It's funny  how so many people complain about price but continue to purchase a product.  

If a product doesn't meet someones expectations in regards to quality, materials, or overall aesthetics and that person still chooses to buy, its not the fault of the manufacturer...its the fault of the consumer.  

I like the XX8 and have every colorway that has released with the exception of  the Carbons and Oak Hills.  Do I believe the shoes are worth $270 after tax?  NOPE.  But I didn't pay that and got them for about $190.  Are they worth $190 to me?  Yes.  If I couldn't have gotten them for a price that I felt was more reasonable I wouldn't have bought them.  
outstanding !

Honestly F JB and these xx8s man they are making a mocery of this shoe not releasing the best color ways. If I'm spending 250 I have to really like the shoe from top to bottom not kind of like it.
Exactly. A premium product should come in a wide array of color options. Even the photoshops from the start of this thread are better than most of the colors jb is coming up with. Those last shot xiv style ones and the white red ones looked really good

Last edited:
What is a similar shoe to the xx8 performance wise for outdoor ball? Don't plan on playing outdoor in $250 shoes. I tried kobe 8s but I don't like the fit

The sole and shape of these shoes is dope. I don't know why they went with the sock design tho. :smh: These could have been classics, if done right. Still debating on grabbing the Oak Hills.

i just copped the last blue camos at my local foot locker! so happy to get them at retail, didnt expect to see them in store like that either:smokin

i just copped the last blue camos at my local foot locker! so happy to get them at retail, didnt expect to see them in store like that either:smokin
lol, not many people are checking for these

dudes only get happy when something is perceived as limited smh

It's wild they're almost treating the XX8 like a Russell Westbrook signature shoe with a few generic colorways and a bunch of OKC ones.

Maybe they planned these colorways a while ago, assuming Russ would be in the Finals. (And Blake Griffin not :lol:)

i still hope they will.

maybe they decided they couldn't seriously charge any more for them, so are waiting till the full run on releases is exhausted before going that route.

You act like people didn't just pay $200 for a shoe that released in 1988 with not even half the quality they were originally made. JB can do whatever they want and people will pay. Don't like it? Vote with your dollars. The brand won't miss you....but at least you know you're not part of the problem.
thank you guys for re-stating what I said in more of a know-it-all way
laugh.gif

I just balled in them for the first time today, played on an outdoor court.

To be honest the traction was amazing and had no slippage.

For inner post players like myself you can honestly feel like you can do moves and not be off balance. Just due to the fit and it being so snug on your foot it's a great shoe for any position as you can see with RW puttin in work in them.

Only knock I can honestly give is when playing in them the zipper loosens ever so slightly when wearing them folded over for anyone who decides not to tighten the laces up and likes the looser fit or anyone with ankle braces.

Getting hard to find these in a sz 11...

I'm not paying that retail but I will get them eventually.

Back
Top Bottom