Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Only 3 weeks before I get my power ranger boots
laugh.gif

Wonder if they'll bump retail up on those bamboos for "premium materials". Looks like leather and then the heel piece could be considered more. If they'll charge $50 for a lace lock on lebrons they'd surely do the same here.

I really like the Bamboos... its about that time for me to look into some new ball shoes. The retro 12s midsole is already starting to separate from the shoes smh.

Don't think I'll be able to pull off those bamboos. They would be demolished on court.
This.

I really like white shoes and that touch of bamboo is 
smokin.gif
  but these would probably look so bad after a couple runs on court... and I'm not one who cares about keeping my court shoes clean

Last edited:
I'm excited for more shrouded xx8s, especially the lakers colorway and the rumored formidable foes that never happened

I really like the Bamboos... its about that time for me to look into some new ball shoes. The retro 12s midsole is already starting to separate from the shoes smh.

The white ones posted are not the bamboos they are the hardwoods. The back of the shoe has hadwood on it. Bamboos are a totally different shoe.

The white ones posted are not the bamboos they are the hardwoods. The back of the shoe has hadwood on it. Bamboos are a totally different shoe.
Eastbay launch calendar has them as "White/White/Bamboo". Hence the nickname Bamboo

Don't know if it was mentioned, but to the entertainment wrestling heads, looks like Batista came back wearing some XX8s

Better resolution version of the first pic...

Pretty obvious but the big guy clearly popped the air bag on the right shoe, at least the lateral side anyway...

I'm glad we're finally getting the Bamboo pair. I don't know that I'd be able to wear them often, but I want them.

If the material on the bamboo XX8's are anything like the OKC homes, they'll crease like hell.

i've wanted the bamboos since i first saw them, but they left them far too late. i'm committing my next pickups for nikeid (lebron xi and kd vi).

might not end up buying any jordans this year.

Just had a deal for Bred 11s fall through, so probably going to forget retros and try for the bamboos.  Any idea on how limited these will be?  Also, people seem split on whether to go with SE size or .5 down from SE size.  Has a consensus been reached or is it a "try it on" situation? Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to trying a shrouded pair.

Last edited:
Also, the wood in the heel counters looks pretty close to the heel counters that were on the previously-seen "Bamboo Camos" (or whatever they were called).  Those counters were made form locally-sourced bamboo (in Portland), so this could very well be the same bamboo.

Back
Top Bottom