Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Picked up a XX8 carbon pair for under retail this week.  They feel and look fantastic.  The fit is solid, length is perfect, width is a big snug but I imagine they will loosen up a bit.

My only concern is the shroud.  I am hesitant to zip them up all the way, it almost feels too tight.  I don't think I have crazy fat feet or anything, I just don't want to ruin the zipper.  Thoughts?

Where ya get the carbon pair? lol been on the hunt in my size

And zipper holds up really well I've had no issues

Where ya get the carbon pair? lol been on the hunt in my size

And zipper holds up really well I've had no issues
eBay actually.  First DS pair I had seen under retail in quite some time.

Good to know on the zipper.  Ill just squeeze the shroud together as I zip it up.

Last edited:
Execution on the white/bamboo is perfect. One of the few colors where the bootie goes well with the shroud. Thinking of doubling up it looks so good. if they were $150 it would be no question but I'm heistant at 250.

Last edited:

Picked up a XX8 carbon pair for under retail this week.  They feel and look fantastic.  The fit is solid, length is perfect, width is a big snug but I imagine they will loosen up a bit.

My only concern is the shroud.  I am hesitant to zip them up all the way, it almost feels too tight.  I don't think I have crazy fat feet or anything, I just don't want to ruin the zipper.  Thoughts?
Zipping them is the best way to wear them, so much more supportive. I don't zip up all the way because my calves are too big so I stop around the tongue

Last edited:
Can't lie... I may end up trying for the white/bamboos.  I remember seeing pics of what I thought was just a concept at that Jordan event last AS weekend?  Anyway, now that they're here I feel like I've gotta try

It is more likely for the fabric to stretch than the zipper breaking.  I zip them up all they way most of the time.

pimp.gif
 The black bootie. Please take my $250.

If that's all it took to convince me I was probably copping anyway.

Kinda weird that the only bamboo on the shoe is the heel piece. Other than that the bamboos are just plain black/white shoe. Kinda wish the bamboo part was black too. Gives a ms vi kinda feel.

From Nike Release Calendar
[table][tr][td]02/16/14[/td][td]Air Jordan XX8 SYN[/td][td]White/White-Bamboo[/td][td]$250[/td][td]649501-100[/td][/tr][/table]

From Nike Release Calendar
[table][tr][td]02/16/14[/td][td]Air Jordan XX8 SYN[/td][td]White/White-Bamboo[/td][td]$250[/td][td]649501-100[/td][/tr][/table]
Glad they're dropping on the 16th. At least I can focus on them Sunday morning. I wonder if the in-store RD for HOH/Footactions etc. will be the same for them.

Man ASG weekend is going to be hell. ASG Kobe/Brons on the 14th then Infrared VI's on the 15th then these on the 16th. 

Looks like Finishline is getting the XX8 Bamboos on the 16th too. They're on the release calendar too.

my top 3 so far

1 - white bamboo

2 - black/electric green

3 - okc home white perf / carbon fiber - cant really decide which i like more

the 2 pairs i own r decent in terms of color but the list above literally ***** all over mine lol

- blue camo + grey cement

i personally like the black/electric green ones number 1 in my books.
I agree, with the Bamboos 2nd. I had to trade my pair of Black/Elec Greens and a pair of Carbons for a pair of Corks. Took me 6 months to find another pair of Black/Elec greens for under $300 DS, but I recently did. 

Black/Elec Greens

Bamboos

Blue Camo

Carbons

For my list...

Definitely agree that black/ electric green and bamboos are 1 and 2.Just not sure about the order. YellIow camos are third for me. I really liked the green camos until I got them. Very  underwhelming in real life

I agree, with the Bamboos 2nd. I had to trade my pair of Black/Elec Greens and a pair of Carbons for a pair of Corks. Took me 6 months to find another pair of Black/Elec greens for under $300 DS, but I recently did. 

Black/Elec Greens

Bamboos

Blue Camo

Carbons

For my list...
Almost sold my black/ electric green. So glad I didn't

Back
Top Bottom