Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Was planning on getting these but I'm going to pass if I hear that the they're like the more recent SE's with the stiff unresponsive zoom bags.

After deciding the kobe9 was not for me I guess it's back to these but really hope they keep the more responsive zoom bags in the bamboos. The SE from the Xmas on are not that great. My camos though are :smokin

Locked in my bamboo pair through my connect locally. They got around 24 pairs of them. Good luck to all copping the last shrouded XX8 release.

Want to cop these but don't want them to get beat after hoopin in them once. Wonder how easy it will be to clean

Want to cop these but don't want them to get beat after hoopin in them once. Wonder how easy it will be to clean

Doesn't matter how easy they will be to clean...all white kicks are gonna looked trashed pretty quick if you play in them. They'll be fresh for one game, maybe two..beyond that they are gonna look beat. But if you buyin' them to play in, no worries. I don't think I've ever cleaned a pair of kicks I actually play in.

i heard good things about the unlocked air zoom and the traction is suppose to be really good on hardwood.  but there been few people saying that this shoe isnt durable with popping zoom or ripping soles? any1 here with experience can shed some light?

I used to hang out on this thread when it first started, and there were tons of photos and posts about the quality issues of the XX8. I know the thread is rather large now, but if you had some time on your hands and went back through, the posts and pictures are all over the place in here.

So much so that if I played basketball, I would NEVER purchase this shoe to play in.

Last edited:
ya just been randomly goin thro sum of da post, and def been alot of durability issues fo sho. i aint wearing em for fashion lol. i was thinkin of gettin fo performance ball but i aint got da cash to spend for a shoe that cant last for a reasonable period of time SMH. VERY DISAPPOINTED

I haven't had any issues personally (3 pairs), nor have I heard of any first hand. It sounds like there are bad pairs out there vs all pairs having a short life span. If you do get a bad pair you should be able to get a voucher from Nike no problem, right? Not the best solution but it's something.

^^ while that's true, you only have 2 years from the MANUFACTURING date to do so, meaning two years from the date on the inside tag.

What's the date on those black/greens? Figuring you have already lapsed one year on those, PLUS extra months for manufacturing lag, I figure you only have like 6-9 months to still make a claim if those bags popped already or might pop in the not-so-distant future.

It's a roll of the dice, honestly.

^^ while that's true, you only have 2 years from the MANUFACTURING date to do so, meaning two years from the date on the inside tag.

What's the date on those black/greens? Figuring you have already lapsed one year on those, PLUS extra months for manufacturing lag, I figure you only have like 6-9 months to still make a claim if those bags popped already or might pop in the not-so-distant future.

Damn, my black greens are still DS. Won't be happy if they pop on me  later on

Damn. Didn't know it was off of manufacture date. I was thinking date on your receipt.

I used to hang out on this thread when it first started, and there were tons of photos and posts about the quality issues of the XX8. I know the thread is rather large now, but if you had some time on your hands and went back through, the posts and pictures are all over the place in here.

So much so that if I played basketball, I would NEVER purchase this shoe to play in.
It's a pure gimmick. Nike designs an outlandish looking shoe, claims the zoom is a new tech, it isn't, and they make a select group of people go "hey I need these they must be the best basketball shoes on the market I've never seen anything like this"

I haven't had any issues personally (3 pairs), nor have I heard of any first hand. It sounds like there are bad pairs out there vs all pairs having a short life span. If you do get a bad pair you should be able to get a voucher from Nike no problem, right? Not the best solution but it's something.
do u ball in em? and are u considered a hefty fellow?  im guessin da ones having zoom popped are big boys or players who stress out da shoe with sharp cuts or explosive jumps

It's a pure gimmick. Nike designs an outlandish looking shoe, claims the zoom is a new tech, it isn't, and they make a select group of people go "hey I need these they must be the best basketball shoes on the market I've never seen anything like this"

Zoom is not new tech, and Nike never said it was. However, unlocked zoom is a new tech as well as the Flight Plate and decoupled heel counter all allows your foot to move in a free motion without restrictions. It's no gimmick at all. My favorite cushion is zoom and has been since the AJ XII but unlocked zoom is the new tech they are talking about. You have not been able to sit directly on top of a zoom bag before now. Do you even own a pair or are you just making comments without any product knowledge?

Zoom is not new tech, and Nike never said it was. However, unlocked zoom is a new tech as well as the Flight Plate and decoupled heel counter all allows your foot to move in a free motion without restrictions. It's no gimmick at all. My favorite cushion is zoom and has been since the AJ XII but unlocked zoom is the new tech they are talking about. You have not been able to sit directly on top of a zoom bag before now. Do you even own a pair or are you just making comments without any product knowledge?
This.... obviously does not own a pair to have any clue about the differences.

Back
Top Bottom