Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

The first time I put my foot in a XX8, it was absolute, immediate love. Haven't had that feeling since the AJ XIV with my black and reds. But $250 is just OD, and getting possible popped bags just doesn't seem worth the risk. These are $200 shoes max.

The first time I put my foot in a XX8, it was absolute, immediate love. Haven't had that feeling since the AJ XIV with my black and reds. But $250 is just OD, and getting possible popped bags just doesn't seem worth the risk. These are $200 shoes max.

Just go with the SE they're $100 cheaper

do u ball in em? and are u considered a hefty fellow?  im guessin da ones having zoom popped are big boys or players who stress out da shoe with sharp cuts or explosive jumps
Well this took an interesting turn. I haven't balled much lately but have put some decent workouts on these shoes. As for size I bought my first pair at 240 but am down to 180 in a size 10, you do the math ha

do u ball in em? and are u considered a hefty fellow?  im guessin da ones having zoom popped are big boys or players who stress out da shoe with sharp cuts or explosive jumps
3 pairs zero pops. play 4-5 times a week plus coaching two days a week in a kids learning league so lots of up and down the court. I am glad i do not seem to have what it takes to pops these mamajamas. :tongue:

I apologize in advance for posting in here but there is no activity in the super.fly 2 thread.  I just got back from shooting around and my left shoe the there's a bubble in the air bag it looks like.  Has this happened to anyone else??  Does it mean the zoom bag popped??  I'm curious to know because I've seen the pictures where the zoom bag popped and it caved in.  This is only my 5th time wearing this shoe and I play outdoors if that matters.

I apologize in advance for posting in here but there is no activity in the super.fly 2 thread.  I just got back from shooting around and my left shoe the there's a bubble in the air bag it looks like.  Has this happened to anyone else??  Does it mean the zoom bag popped??  I'm curious to know because I've seen the pictures where the zoom bag popped and it caved in.  This is only my 5th time wearing this shoe and I play outdoors if that matters.

Do any areas of the bag feel sunken in or deflated? Do you have any pictures of it?

Do any areas of the bag feel sunken in or deflated? Do you have any pictures of it?
That's the weird thing it doesn't feel deflated it.  It does feel squishy though, not firm.  It just looks like all the air went to the middle.

I've personally enjoyed the zoom setup in the kobe V, VI and cp3.VII.  Maybe they could use that podulite setup that's in the CP3.VII except with an unlocked hexagonal met zoom unit 
smokin.gif
 now that has some potential imo

The podulite "pods" or raised sections on the cp3.vii work nicely with the met zoom unit.  Maybe it could work?

http://nikeinc.com/news/pe40da8176a25ea28621cbbb777dfc8ae/sneak_peek#/inline/27451

This week, Jordan Brand unveils the Crescent City Gold Collection, a limited-edition pinnacle apparel assortment blending performance and style. The 10-piece collection was designed with the game’s style icons in mind. 

Inspired by the spirit of New Orleans and love for the game of basketball, the Gold Collection utilizes a simple black-and-white color palette offset by antique gold. Intricate graphics honor the city’s prominent wrought ironwork found on French Quarter balconies. The fashion-forward collection features premium materials such as waxed cotton and leather, created with cut-and-sew construction.  

A highlight of the pinnacle assortment is the AIR JORDAN XX8 featuring an all-white perforated upper and bamboo heel counter, underpinned by the brand’s performance Flight Plate technology. As Tinker Hatfield’s last AIR JORDAN XX8 design, this colorway boasts an ultra-modern stealth design without compromising the elite performance elements in the most technologically advanced Air Jordan to date. 

Look for Jordan Brand signature athletes Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to see how each player styles his favorite pieces in New Orleans this weekend. The Crescent City Gold Collection is available in limited numbers online at Jordan.com and Footaction.com. Select retail outlets, including Flight 23 at Footaction in New York, Chicago DTC, and Jordan Crescent City Iron Works Pop Up in New Orleans, will also feature the collection. 

Last edited:

oneness287.com has the blue camo shrouded XX8 up on its site right now.  Full retail price though.
Thanks for the heads up.  I'm tempted to pull the trigger even at that price...  I love the shrouded XX8 and might want another pair to have on hand.  Great colorway too...

http://nikeinc.com/news/pe40da8176a25ea28621cbbb777dfc8ae/sneak_peek#/inline/27451

This week, Jordan Brand unveils the Crescent City Gold Collection, a limited-edition pinnacle apparel assortment blending performance and style. The 10-piece collection was designed with the game’s style icons in mind. 

Inspired by the spirit of New Orleans and love for the game of basketball, the Gold Collection utilizes a simple black-and-white color palette offset by antique gold. Intricate graphics honor the city’s prominent wrought ironwork found on French Quarter balconies. The fashion-forward collection features premium materials such as waxed cotton and leather, created with cut-and-sew construction.  

A highlight of the pinnacle assortment is the AIR JORDAN XX8 featuring an all-white perforated upper and bamboo heel counter, underpinned by the brand’s performance Flight Plate technology. As Tinker Hatfield’s last AIR JORDAN XX8 design, this colorway boasts an ultra-modern stealth design without compromising the elite performance elements in the most technologically advanced Air Jordan to date. 

Look for Jordan Brand signature athletes Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to see how each player styles his favorite pieces in New Orleans this weekend. The Crescent City Gold Collection is available in limited numbers online at Jordan.com and Footaction.com. Select retail outlets, including Flight 23 at Footaction in New York, Chicago DTC, and Jordan Crescent City Iron Works Pop Up in New Orleans, will also feature the collection. 
that gear look cold

Finally copped the Oak Hills at Sawgrass Mills. Was able to cop for $97. A little wary of the air bags but oh well for that price.

Going to try my luck on Crescent City Gold.

I wonder what the actual percentage of bags popping is. Generally, I would have assumed it to be pretty low since you're more likely to post about bags popping than if they don't. But with the xx8s being so limited it could be quite high.

It's a shame, instead being glad to have the best performance shoe of the year we have to worry about popping bags

my guess is its moderately low to medium because some on here and some of my friends and then theres people on the fence like me who dont have one yet, being extra cautious lol

Back
Top Bottom