Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

^^true, but Nike can send replacement Kobes, with the 28 if the bag pops then stand by for the gift card and apology.

With regards to the limited nature, you have to remember how bad the 2012s and 2011s sat, with practically all colorways hitting outlets. Prob JB's response to that by limiting stock on these.

Yes we've seen the XX8s hit outlets, but its mainly been the B grade Oak Hills.

With regards to the limited nature, you have to remember how bad the 2012s and 2011s sat, with practically all colorways hitting outlets. Prob JB's response to that by limiting stock on these.

Yes we've seen the XX8s hit outlets, but its mainly been the B grade Oak Hills.

I don't understand how those didn't take off, those were good for 90 bucks, while that deal lasted. The 2012s were just awful looking, but I heard they were performance beasts. The 28s had the total package, but I get what everyone is saying, but for 250 out the door, I need a guarantee that I'm covered from defects, but when you produce like 13 pairs of each color it's a risk.

The 28s had the total package, but I get what everyone is saying, but for 250 out the door, I need a guarantee that I'm covered from defects, but when you produce like 13 pairs of each color it's a risk.

Haha.

I get your point though with the quality concerns.

Jordan-XX8-Bamboo-18F.JPG

Jordan-XX8-Bamboo-5F.JPG

These shoes are actually pretty different than the other XX8s I have because they are leather.  The others I have are a synthetic shroud.  So, the reason why it is different is that when you wear them unzipped, the shroud lays down more than with lighter material.  My other XX8s are no match for this one.  This is my favorite of them all.  Tinker saved the best for last in my book.  I have more pics but didn't want to flood this site.  So, here's the link to my gallery http://www.888sneakerstreet.com/jordan-xx8-bamboo-close-up/

I'll have more on-feet pics with some different ways of wearing them tomorrow.
i'm actually considering keeping. a smuch as i hated on the alien theme from asg houston and as much as i knock kobe 9 elites, i like these a bit. 

Just received a pair of the bamboos today and they are very clean. Can anyone PM me leads to the black/lime green ones in size 8?

Zoom bags break in the XX8s, Lunarlon fails in the Kobes.  There's good and bad in all of the tech.

^^true, but Nike can send replacement Kobes, with the 28 if the bag pops then stand by for the gift card and apology.

Wait, Nike will replace Kobes if the lunarlon bottoms out?? I haven't heard this before, but that'd be awesome. I'm guessing I'm just misreading what you meant though. It'd be way too many replacements for them to deal with.

Last edited:

I think the Kobes are gonna turn out to be the shoes that Tinker wanted the 28s to be.  For me, there wasn't enough heritage in Kobes  to put them up where Jordans are.  I'm really glad that I can get the Js more easily than most of the other signature shoes out there.  Still a huge fan.

Would love to see the article you are referring to.  Can you post a link if you can find it?
http://*************.com/news/interview-tinker-hatfield-discusses-legacy-future-of-the-air-jordan/

Well. In the end, we had the air bag issue. Also, they weren't doing themselves favor as these were limited as far as the places they could be purchased compared to the 3 Sigs, Jordan retro, etc. The price was also high. And the look of the shoe was polarizing.

They were definitely interesting, good performing. But they definitely dropped the ball.
The airbag issue was bad. But the limited availability and price tag was a disaster. Never seen a sig jordan in such limited quantities.

Personally,I loved the looks. Ididn't care much for the SEs but the shrouds were great. What I didn't like was about 90% of the colorways

Man I think these are better overall than the Kobe 9 and a ton better than the xx8 se. The way it contains the foot it's like the shroud makes it one with your foot. There's more tech here than the Kobe 9 as well. Zoom/flightplate > lunar. Who cares about what's well received or popular? Not me! People like anything with a swoosh jb is more subtle doesn't need big *** branding all over their shoes.
Didn't know kobe 9  was lunarlon,thought it was zoom.In that case I'm definitely not getting any. Lunarlon sucks big time. Only experienced it once in the 2012 hyperdunk and they went straight back to nike

They are using synthetics because of everyone complaining about creases, plus its lightweight and more breathable than leather. Also, they can put really good leather on a D&G shoe because you aren't going to run them in the ground by playing ball in them. A casual shoe is just that, casual.
I get that bro. The leather on the D&G would get destroyed on court. And complaining about creasing is just silly. That's what leather does.

Now that I got mine in I can say that the quality is actually pretty good. It's my first sig Jordan since the xviii and those used really nice leather and suede.

I'd rate the bamboo xx8 as a 9 out of 10. I didn't give it a 10 because that would be perfection and I don't think any shoe is perfect. It's   been a long time since I bought a Jordan and have been this pleased with the purchase. Except for the price.

I'd rate the leather, or synthetic whatever it is, as a 6 or 7 with dress shoes being a 10 and Jordan retros a 1. It's more rigid than the synthetic shrouds and needs break in but I like it a lot.

Still haven't tried them on to compare to the other xx8s. I was going to but couldn't find a decent pair of socks. I swear there's a black hole or something in washing machines that makes socks disappear.

Last edited:
Actually the leather on these high end sneakers would hold up great on the court. That high end, REAL leather can last a lifetime if taken care of and can take a ridiculous beating. I know dudes with leather cowboy boots and dress shoes about as old as me. The midsole and sole holding up would be the problem on the high end stuff.

Don't believe nike's hype that synthetics and fake leather is "more durable" that's a lie. ITS CHEAPER for them to produce shoes with, plain and simple

Actually the leather on these high end sneakers would hold up great on the court. That high end, REAL leather can last a lifetime if taken care of and can take a ridiculous beating. I know dudes with leather cowboy boots and dress shoes about as old as me. The midsole and sole holding up would be the problem on the high end stuff.

Don't believe nike's hype that synthetics and fake leather is "more durable" that's a lie. ITS CHEAPER for them to produce shoes with, plain and simple
my dad has some cowboy boots that are 9 years older than me (24, turn 25 late april) and they arent all torn and beat up lookin

If nike used leather like shinki horsehide on shoes and could figure out a sole that didn't fall apart they would out the selves out of business. HQ leather stands the test of time. I collect engineer boots and have pairs over 50 years olds that are still in fantastic shape. Synthetics are cheaper... That's the bottom line.

Last edited:
If nike used leather like shinki horsehide on shoes and could figure out a sole that didn't fall apart they would out the selves out of business. HQ leather stands the test of time. I collect engineer boots and have pairs over 50 years olds that are still in fantastic shape. Synthetics are cheaper... That's the bottom line.

PREACH! Sad thing is Nike is starting to charge what a good pair of boots/dress shoes cost.

My man Jin, looking at your join date I'm sure you remember when $50 Nike entry level ball shoes had full grain leather and could take a season or 2 of basketball with normal wear - save for popped air units and/or ripped laces. Now Nike has kids paying $300 for plastic shoes that scuff after one wear during a ball game.

My man Jin, looking at your join date I'm sure you remember when $50 Nike entry level ball shoes had full grain leather and could take a season or 2 of basketball with normal wear - save for popped air units and/or ripped laces. Now Nike has kids paying $300 for plastic shoes that scuff after one wear during a ball game.
The worst part about Nike quality is that if you pop into a  Jordan retro thread and say the quality is a joke and the only thing the retro has in common with the OG is  the silhouette  , a million hypebeasts start jumping on you defending the retros

The thing is though, on the boots and higher quality shoes the leather makes it wayyy heavier, which in turn creates durability, but I don't think the weight of premium thick leather would do any good on the basketball court, too bulky. 

Back
Top Bottom