Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

^^^i saw the gray elephant print on there. But I just can't do the $250. I did it twice on the black/green and Bamboo joints but now there's a lot of releases dropping including expensive elites, etc.

^^^i saw the gray elephant print on there. But I just can't do the $250. I did it twice on the black/green and Bamboo joints but now there's a lot of releases dropping including expensive elites, etc.

Yea I'd rather just do the shroudless for a significantly cheaper price.

Good thing i just recently bought my grey print for a lot less!

Btw, has anyone played with these with different color outsoles and feels the traction veries?? I just played with the grey print last night indoor breaking them in and im not sure if it is just me the grip somehow feels off compare to my oakhills. The grey print has that oily feel before it would grip and go. Hopefully it will get better.

Good thing i just recently bought my grey print for a lot less!

Btw, has anyone played with these with different color outsoles and feels the traction veries?? I just played with the grey print last night indoor breaking them in and im not sure if it is just me the grip somehow feels off compare to my oakhills. The grey print has that oily feel before it would grip and go. Hopefully it will get better.

My cements grip is perfect right out the box. But the black/red SE's took a few games before they got a really good grip.

shame i saw the link to the restock of xx8 2 late :frown:  def wouldve picked up the red cement but my 9.5 sold out.  when i bought my grey cement, i kinda wanted the red as well but semi forced myself to pick 1 of the 2 lol and so i went wit the grey. 

thanks for the link anyway, muchly appreciate it

same thing with me

couldn't do both when they first came out

so i went with the greys over reds too

caved in and had to pick up the reds yesterday !

Are y'all rocking your 28's?

I copped the last pair of bamboos my HoH had thinking they was straight for trade or something.

Absolutely no single body is interested in these shoes. Only one, but he wants to trade for Spiderman foams. Them foams on sale at Nike for less then what these bamboos are worth.

So are you guys just rocking these shoes or is anybody having luck trading and 're-selling

Those white bamboos just get dirty too easy. Great if you want to put them in a box and look at them, but I can understand no one wanting to bite on a trade. You could cut the shroud off and try to move them as XX8 SE limited edition black out......

JK

^^i wear them to play indoor ball.

Personally i would not even consider the Bamboos; 1. Its too white and easily stepped on if you play in them. 2. The leather shrud has no elasticity which if you have a high dorsum arch/top of your foot like i do you cant even zip them up.

Last edited:

Was going to order some real dye for this but I got impatient and just started going at these oak hills with some sharpies. Happy with how they turned out.
is that the finished product or did you cover it more? nice job.

I copped the last pair of bamboos my HoH had thinking they was straight for trade or something.

Absolutely no single body is interested in these shoes. Only one, but he wants to trade for Spiderman foams. Them foams on sale at Nike for less then what these bamboos are worth.

So are you guys just rocking these shoes or is anybody having luck trading and 're-selling

I rock them on the court for the past 6 months. I don't think these are a casual shoe for so-called "rocking" even tho they are very comfy. To me this is just an on court beast!

I rock my grey elephant prints casually just fine.

Hello everyone first post.

I am living in Australia and tend to go through basketball shoes once a year. I also tend to buy shoes based on past experiences. SO that means I sometimes buy shoes online and hope they are going to work. Living in Adelaide they dont have any places for new Jordans or many other varieties.

SO for me I first bought a pair of Jordan CP3 maybe II or III's. They fit great and I really liked them. I just wanted to try and lighter shoe next time around. I have always loved my Adidas running shoes so I tried the Derrik Rose shoes. Crazy light or something. They were bought again without trying on and they were crazy light. They were also very tight on my pinky toes of my feet. So I had to wear double layers of socks and they were fine. BUT I wore those insoles out and then the outer started to get holes in them. So another pair of shoes to be had.

I then looked around and my mother decided she would buy me a pair of shoes. So she sent me some from the USA and I was very excited. I have the Hyperdunks. They are very songy and thats fine with me. I am 6ft 210lbs and play basketball like its a contact sport. I am a slasher and love playing down low. Anyways as I play in the shoe the fit is great but after about a quarter my left achilles tendon is killing me. SO I put my old Rose shoe on my left foot and keep playing. I dont care about colors or mismatching shoes. Yes the Rose is like paper thing compared to the 1"+ sole of the Hyperdunk, but I make it work.

Now I love crazy colored shoes and have always like the Jordans in the past. BUT 12 years ago I could never wear Nike's because they hurt the back of my foot. SO when I had the CP3's I was amazed at the fit and comfort. I had new faith for the Nike's again.

SO now I am looking at the Kobe's and XX8 and like the looks again. BUT wonder if they fit anything like the Hyperdunk. I would never ge White Bamboo because they would be dirty very quickly. I am a bit worried about the bags also but who knows. I am very hard on shoes. It seems when I cut and turn I put a LOT of torque on the shoe. Never had a blow out on older pairs of shoes but the soles to wear out. I used to wear running shoes to play in and they only lasted one game indoors and usually pieces of the soles were falling off. I know the runing shoes were not meant for that but just saying about the torque.

Anyways if anyone could share their experience with a Hyperdunk vs XX8 fit I would be very appreciative. Thanks

Sorry for the long winded babble.

@Chowda, My experience with the original Hyperdunk was they were trash after a month and half. That was playing twice a week about 2hrs each time indoor. The cushion was crushed! At first i didnt realize it, but it started hurting my knee and back, so i switched back to My LeBron 6s. I gave them to a friend who end up using them outdoor as he was a good 20-30lbs lighter. Im 6ft 210 ish as well, but im a catch and shoot-er or i would just power through.

The XX8 one first wear wasnt great, but once broken in it was terrific. Been playing in the oakhill since Jan. cushion is still awesome! I have not wore the hyperdunks since the original as they started making them too narrow.

@swervy, much appreciated for the pic!

Last edited:
If you don't mind the cost  and possible risk of popped  zoom bags, get the XX8s. They are better than the kobe 8s and the hyperdunk

@FrankW Thanks for that. The XX8's just look amazing. Not sure how I will like the tall upper on my foot but I definitely dont want to go back to lows. The Kobe 9's look awesome but they seem to have their followers and others just dog them. And the Kobe 8 seems hit or miss with fans of the Kobe shoe.

I like the look of these new tall upper shoes. I am all for crazy colors because I personally dont care what color is on my feet.

@AlBundy15   I dont mind the price because I will make them last past a year if I have to. BUT I wouldnt want a shoe that popped and became useless afterwards. My other past shoes I have made last because it was only external stuff that broke. The sole was still fine.

I also dont want this to be a Kobe 9 vs XX8  post. I am just trying to see if the XX8 is a better fit and a different fit than the 2013 Hyperdunks. So far that is a yes.. SO that is good for me. Cant wear the Hyperdunks anymore and need another pair of shoes. I like the Fire Red and a few other colors. But I will have to see whats available.

I agree. My first wear of the oak hills weren't impressive but after that they felt pretty good.

I am looking at getting some XX8's in about a month. The Kobe 9's would be great but I dont think would fit my playing style. The low Carbon Fibre on the sides would end up putting me on my butt.

How many times have the XX8's popped?

Did they get a replacement?

I also bought the Kobe 9 "perspective" i havent got a chance to play in them yet tho and that wont happen maybe till summer. I am waiting to see how long the full lunarlon last on my flyknit lunar1+ before i decide to wear the kobe or not. I have not had great experience with full lunarlon shoes much (hyperdunk, flywade2)

But if you decide to go with the xx8, you will not be dissapointed. As for zipping it up, i felt it was better for me to zip it all the way up. It feels more secure almost like wearing a compression socks. It also for some reason draws the sweat up towards above the ankle, so my foot stays drier compare to wearing lebron xi. They also do not restrict your ankle movement.

Back
Top Bottom