Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

This reminds me to let Nike know to hurry the hell up with The Glove! :lol: I haven't wore any Jordan since the og17s. I don't affiliate myself with this garbage for a reason.

Ahhh...I love this time of year. The new Air Jordan gets unveiled and the Internet breaks. People lose their minds. There's alot of criticism and there's a few people who actually like what they see. There's your group of sneakerheads who laugh at the site and there's your hard core ballers who can't wait to hoop in these.

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!

The crazy thing, is that only time will tell if these become classic or not. Most Air Jordans dating all the way back to the 1 brought out alot of negative criticism. It's no different this year. Most people are gonna hate it. I think that's what the designers shoot for. They push the envelope so hard that it completely flies over everybody's head. The "new" Air Jordan is supposed to be different from any other shoe out. It's supposed to get people talking. And so far it's working.

With that said, here's my opinions...

Pros:

- I like the sleek look. I can definitely see people rockin' these on court, zipped all the way up and even for casual wear with 'em folded down. Hell, I can see a ton of middle school kids with their elite socks wearing these with their cargo camo shorts. Watch.

- Even with design cues from the Gloves and VC1's, these are completely different from anything else on the market.

- The midsole design is really nice. The added carbon hints on the side really give it a nice touch.

- The 23-28 logo is sick. depending on how you look at it, it's a 2 and a 3 and an 8...

- These would look nice in a black/red/stealth colorway. I can't wait for more colorways and photoshops...

Cons:

- Too high. And it doesn't look like the height actually serves a true purpose. There doesn't seem to be any kind of ankle support under there.

- I wish they would have kept the yearly numbering system. I think the way it ended with XX3 and started again with 2009 was a nice way to keep purists and new shoeheads happy.

- The $250 price tag is a lil too steep but I'm not surprised. it seems as if $200+ is becoming the new norm. We all know these will drop in price anyways, so it's not that big of a deal.

- I was never a big fan of zippered or shrouded shoes. I mean, they look cool, but if you have a wide foot, you're practically guaranteed to wear these unzipped.

Overall, it's definitely an eye catcher. People are already hating on these. Twitter and Facebook are blowing up. With all this hate-hype, who needs advertising?

Look like boxing shoes. Andre Ward exclusives?

if you look at the beginning pictures with the carbon fiber it looks like it had some leather to it ???

i wanna see the prototypes before this @#$%$ i bet my dollar they look better  

have to try on

but they look like they may perform like the 2012s

if so, will cop on super disco for ballin

Dear JB,

I was afraid of the Mayan prophecy coming true. I no longer fear the end of the world as it means never having to see these in public. I thank you for that.

Sincerely,
Prostaffer

P.S. I really defended the 2011 and 2012.

Last edited:
JB knows the only way ppl will cop these is when they hit the outlet, that's why JB jacked up the price to $250, so when they hit the outlet, the price would still be around $150-$170, that's the actual price for these, by doing so, JB can avoid em ending up like the past years jordans sold under $100 at the outlet.

Saw the pic and was like what are they doing to me. The obvious Gary Payton and Vince Carter style cues in addition to being tall and plain and completely trash....but after seeing them with jeans wow...slick looking zipped down..kind of remind me of my XXI P.E and immediately  grew on me so I will say I like those.  No where enough to go out and get them but at the right price...hmm I like these better than the last 2 incarnations I will say that but that 8 inch is way over the top

from a Nice Kicks article earlier this year.

Tinker Hatfield: “The shoe I wear the most often is the Nike SFB military boot. I’ve got a pair of all-black leather ones. I ride motorcycles a lot, and I wear that shoe the most because it’s kind of cool and it’s a high top. I don’t know. It’s just weird, but it’s really comfortable. It has a Free-type bottom on it.”

WTH???? Zipper with sleeve and high like boots?
This cant be! I love my 2011 and 2012. But what is this???
The midsoles look ok, but sleeve with zipper has
Been done to death with , starting in 1997 with
Air zoom GP.
Thr shape is ridiculous. At least it should have the
Ankle shaft like a typical basketball shoes.
Hope these are only early samples.
Even the XV look much better.

Tinker and the gang are probably high on speedball when they are designing these.. damn.. I see them straight to Payless or some other clearance racks.. 10 bucks..

this shoe is very uninspired.

You can drink the kool-aid if you want to but innovation? C'mon man. Sleek? C'mon man. Wait the last one is obvious 250? just ridiculous.

The shroud placed over these is just an easy way out to leave whats beneath undone and simple. Jordan brand has always mde shoes that looked like boots. His concept has been modified to this ridiculous dress shoe concept and the shoes that got him his fame, were a combination of shoe trends, new shoe trends, athlete inspiration, quality "looking matierials and most of all him winning championships in them.

You can definitely like this, thats up to you. frankly i have been on a different tier lately and well if I am gonna my disposable income, hard earned or not, it will be on something that is worth closer to what I pay for it.

If you wanna commemorate this whack *** shroud please have a look at the elegance of the past FLIGHTPOSITE 1 as this shoe was inspired and done very very well.

If this was a non Jordan sig nobody would be checking for these. You can find plenty of basketball shoes that will perform just as well if not much better for 1/2 the price.

I find it insulting that they would bring back the #'d model just to sell more. How can you call these the 28 when there was no 23-27?

If I want a boot look, I will buy a boot. What's it say that they need to be unzipped to look nice? Performance beasts or not, these look like garbage; and for $250 they can shove them up their ***!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ....... I'm gonna dig out my NINJA suit
To go with these AIR JORDAN NINJA TABI BOOTS! ...

These old guys aren't hip Tinker copying how hiroshi fujiwara dresses isnt hip . This just boring and lazy.This shoe insides are damn 2012s its just covered in a shroud.The design is lazy and uninspired this shoe has no actual support. 250 price tag is stupid they just finished failing on the 2012 most stores rtved their pairs. Its pathetic how far they have fallen Nike + is a failure thats getting rtved next and discounted. Honestly from the president of jordan brand coming out in a chopper suit,to propping up the knicks mascot Spike Lee who is a shadow of himself as a director and Tinker who more less doesn't even exist anymore. IT just reeks of the old guys trying to be cool like your dad listening to eminem to prove how hip he is to you..
This isnt a sneaker this is a piece of equipment

A Sneaker is a piece of Equipment.. Duh... Here is what the real problem "Sneakerheads" have with Shoe.. its Not a Retro... All my OG heads wil 100% Understand the Statement that I just made.. The "Vintage" Fubu wearing, Fugazi Curated, by some flavor of the weak, MCM hat Wannbe's will slam JB no matter what they do because it isn't a Retro.. We All honestly know this. The Sig Model as it has been for while is Designed to a PURE PERFORMANCE SHOE.. this Direction Since the XX3 Function First, Style Second.

All I can say is I can't wait to cop these on Release day.. $250 plus Tax is not alot of money.. The Other colorways and the All-Star Version sure will be hot Hot Fire!!!! Going to love to iD these things

minority here but i like these very much. remind me of a cross between the gloves and flightposites which are 2 of my favorite all time shoes. buying and never zipping them up.

Back
Top Bottom