Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I just don't see any element that will grow on people.

Every Jordan, especially the last few years, have been called ugly when they're unveiled and they slowly grow on people.

These are not in that same category. I don't think I'm being narrow minded either. These don't have a look that will ever be acceptable for a basketball shoe, now or later.

And these are beyond the performance saving them. I really doubt anyone wants to don these Assassin's Creed looking shoes on the court even if they perform really well, especially if you can shell out less for some Hyperdunks, Lebrons, or other Nikes with similar tech.

Last edited:
technology wise these and da paytons are basically kissing cousins too....

low full length zoom air, zipper, carbon fiber.

IMG_7869.jpg

last dope shoe wit zippers that wasn't a retro (althought it was heavily retro inspired)

probably will look ok on court since all these players wear the long socks nowadays.  looks like the sock will flow right in.  need to see a white colorway...

I kinda like them :\ We all know they'll sit on shelves and go on sale for half of retail, maybe I'll cop then.

growing slowly... i really don't like the plane look when zipped up and the toe and sides when zipped down. that material and heel looks almost like the air mag. with some serious nikeid work, i might find a combo i like.

wait for the price drop 2-3 weeks after release date..........

remember the 2012 was already discounted BEFORE they released.

Oh and what technology are they talking about? Carbon fiber? Come on man, its been used and used again, zoom air?? Ya right.. how much is this zoom air? all these for 250?? come on u gotta be kidding man. I dun think its a good idea to let Tinker take the helm.. fella's losing it.. a zipped boot for 250?

Performance maybe. BUT u can get others out there which is better IMO, like UA, u dun see a UA selling for 250?? Or Saucony or Adidas, Reebok.. so many selections.. U can probably get like 2-3 kicks for 250. No thank you JB.

Is it just me or do people put too much on this "Technology" of a shoe?

U want some better cushion?? Buy your *** some aftermarket insoles.

U want your foot to be "locked down" tie your ****** shoes tighter.

People really make it seem like all this tech really helps your game out. Just because someone has a Ferrari don't make em a racecar driver.

So if we erase all this tech Nonsense ( because we have the GOAT that played with less than 2% of the tech thats in this shoe) we're just left with an ugly *** shoe.

Is it just me or do people put too much on this "Technology" of a shoe?
U want some better cushion?? Buy your *** some aftermarket insoles.
U want your foot to be "locked down" tie your ****** shoes tighter.
People really make it seem like all this tech really helps your game out. Just because someone has a Ferrari don't make em a racecar driver.
So if we erase all this tech Nonsense ( because we have the GOAT that played with less than 2% of the tech thats in this shoe) we're just left with an ugly *** shoe.

if high end athletic equipment doesn't appeal to you or if you have no use for high end athletic equipment, air jordans probably aren't for you. maybe you'll prefer them in 20 years when they are "classic retros" being made with inferior materials.

:x Pass...
If they made football cleats out of these, I would cop. No need to wear ankle braces or get spatted. Just zip up and go lol

if high end athletic equipment doesn't appeal to you or if you have no use for high end athletic equipment, air jordans probably aren't for you. maybe you'll prefer them in 20 years when they are "classic retros" being made with inferior materials.

..... Oh, Ok...........

Tinker and the gang are probably high on speedball when they are designing these.. damn.. I see them straight to Payless or some other clearance racks.. 10 bucks..

I think these will sell much worse than the AJ 2012.
These even don't look like Basketball shoes at all when having the zipper up.
And with the zipper down, I can just wear my Son of Gloves or Flightposites.
Compared to these, AJ 2009, 2010 and 2011 looked oldschool. XD
Hope they create a cool low cut or light version without that stupid zipper.
Because the sole design looks interesting though.

..... Oh, Ok...........

You're complaining that some athletes prefer to use the best equipment available. If high end athletic equipment doesn't interest you, there are probably plenty of other threads that would interest you more. The Air Jordan is a high performance basketball sneaker. If you don't have an interest in high end athletic equipment, it's not the shoe for you.

[COLOR=#red]HISTORY LESSON FOR THE COMPLAINERS/ROOKIES IN THE SHOE GAME:

Waaay back in 1986, the second Air Jordan was released...It was a great departure from traditional Nike design being that it didn't have a Swoosh visible anywhere on the upper. It was a very radical design for its day with its faux lizard pattern and never before seen design lines . PLUS it was created entirely in Italy. Yes they were the first and only Jordans made in Italy. The price of these very radical looking for the time shoes was an ASTOUNDING $105. Mind you that at the time the average price for a pair of kicks was between $35-$45 with $60 being considered high end. Take a look at the Inflation Calculator below students. It clearly shows that a price of $105 in 1986 would be equivalent in today's prices to $221. In the days of the mid 80's when the average citizen didn't have as much disposable income as they do now, so the AJ 2's where untouchable for most.

Bonus Trivia: MJ almost left Nike after the Air Jordan 2...But a relatively unknown at the time designer by the name of Tinker Hatfield lured him back with the iconic Air Jordan 3 [/COLOR]

Last edited:
technology wise these and da paytons are basically kissing cousins too....

low full length zoom air, zipper, carbon fiber.

Why do you keep posting this as if the Ultraposite, Flightposite I and 2 don't exist?

We get it already, you like Gary's ugly kicks.

Last edited:

Not for $250

but outlets and on drastic sale like I've been doing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom