Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Not for $250
but outlets and on drastic sale like I've been doing

I will wait for a lowcut or light version. Definetly not getting these with the ugly sleeve that goes that high up.

Why do people assume that people are going to wear them zipped up?

Last edited:
Not feeling them zipped up, but unzipped amd they are nice! I think a white version with red trim and a red bootie will go hard!!! Not for $250....but I would drop $150

Have a feeling there will be a XX8.5 or lite version of the shoe without the shroud like previous models. The inside shoe reminds me of the cb34 and max uptempo 2. Very lazy of them. The concept with the small zipper looked pretty dope. I think a low version of this shoe will look nice. Upon sleeping on it for a night, Folded down, the shoe looks decent...

Last edited:
Dear JB,
I was afraid of the Mayan prophecy coming true. I no longer fear the end of the world as it means never having to see these in public. I thank you for that.
Sincerely,
Prostaffer
P.S. I really defended the 2011 and 2012.

the 2011 and 2012 were actually pretty nice.

i would say the only problem on the 2012 was the giant jumpman on the side

but these.... there is no excuse for these to look like that.

these arent different and unique. this has been done on the gp's and vc 1's and those shoes actually looked awesome..

but these? hahahaha JB was looking for the ugs or hooker street boot look

If nothing else....thank you JB for taking a risk. This is what the company was built on and i feel like they played it super safe with the last couple of releases. Thank you for taking a risk.

And for the record. I don't hate them and am interested to see how they perform as well as other colorways that will surface. Tinker already said they could have crazy ID options that let you do a lot with the shroud.

But all that being said im sure they have been brought up in this thread but first thing that came to mind was the UA Charge BB

Some rapper is gonna wear these, then everyone will suddenly change their minds.
LOL, that's the biggest defense for these shoes.. which is sad..

"wait till Kanye wears em"

"when Jay-Z has these on his feet"

Yahoo article this morning compares them to RAIN BOOTS!
mean.gif

[COLOR=#red]HISTORY LESSON FOR THE COMPLAINERS/ROOKIES IN THE SHOE GAME:

Waaay back in 1986, the second Air Jordan was released...It was a great departure from traditional Nike design being that it didn't have a Swoosh visible anywhere on the upper. It was a very radical design for its day with its faux lizard pattern and never before seen design lines . PLUS it was created entirely in Italy. Yes they were the first and only Jordans made in Italy. The price of these very radical looking for the time shoes was an ASTOUNDING $105. Mind you that at the time the average price for a pair of kicks was between $35-$45 with $60 being considered high end. Take a look at the Inflation Calculator below students. It clearly shows that a price of $105 in 1986 would be equivalent in today's prices to $221. In the days of the mid 80's when the average citizen didn't have as much disposable income as they do now, so the AJ 2's where untouchable for most.

Bonus Trivia: MJ almost left Nike after the Air Jordan 2...But a relatively unknown at the time designer by the name of Tinker Hatfield lured him back with the iconic Air Jordan 3 [/COLOR]

what is your point dog? are these made in italy?

you can stick that inflation calculator in the trash because nike has released retros and jordan retros at same prices of their original releases or lower aswell in the past.

they are charging 250 bucks because they think they CAN. The kids these days would buy dookie dipped drawls if there were a jumpman on it but this time i think they bit off more than they can chew.

that garbage *** shroud is no radical design either. its been done before.

we have had the inflation excuse on here before and its been debunked everytime.

people talking about these aint supposed to look good because they are performance shoes. yea and the kobe viii, kd v, and lebron x arent? all are way below the 250 price tag JB shoves at its fans.

If nothing else....thank you JB for taking a risk. This is what the company was built on and i feel like they played it super safe with the last couple of releases. Thank you for taking a risk.
And for the record. I don't hate them and am interested to see how they perform as well as other colorways that will surface. Tinker already said they could have crazy ID options that let you do a lot with the shroud.
But all that being said im sure they have been brought up in this thread but first thing that came to mind was the UA Charge BB

now this shoe right here is what you call "taking a chance" not the jordan 28.

the jordan 28 is uninspired, plain, unnecessary, and overpriced...

you can stick that inflation calculator in the trash because nike has released retros and jordan retros at same prices of their original releases or lower aswell in the past.
they are charging 250 bucks because they think they CAN. The kids these days would buy dookie dipped drawls if there were a jumpman on it but this time i think they bit off more than they can chew.
we have had the inflation excuse on here before and its been debunked everytime.
people talking about these aint supposed to look good because they are performance shoes. yea and the kobe viii, kd v, and lebron x arent? all are way below the 250 price tag JB shoves at its fans.
[COLOR=#red]
If you can't figure out my point, then a further explanation is useless. You clearly lack the comprehension and foresight needed. BTW why you so mad? :rofl:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
apl_c2_blackgreen1.jpg

Rather buy these to ball in at least there is truth to these increasing vertical and right now only 150

When Wale wears these it's going to be be game over. I'd just like to go on record that I was feeling these before the hype, but then again I like all the kicks everyone hates (XVs,XIXs,Foams before they became cool, etc.)

Just when i thought the line couldnt get any worse, they totally **** the bed

So Tinker was thinking when he came up with these . " I wonder if Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton had a kid what would it look like " then came up with these lol

i like these alot and i think they will be a real nice basketball shoe but i have a hard time rocking a pair of shoes on the court that cost 250 bucks and your gonna beat the crap outta ??
eyes.gif

should be a performance beast. y'all should know by now retros are for fashion . the current jordan model is for perfrormance

saying that , they're ugly as hell

technology wise these and da paytons are basically kissing cousins too....

low full length zoom air, zipper, carbon fiber.
Why do you keep posting this as if the Ultraposite, Flightposite I and 2 don't exist?

We get it already, you like Gary's ugly kicks.
da gloves were da predecessor of da flightposite I's..when you get da nike book

size-sole-provider-01.jpg

da thought process behind da flightposites were to splice da foamposite technology and further da progress that was achieved with da zoom flight 98 (gloves)

so i dunno what you're implying b.

they are all part of da same series.

zoom flight V, zoom flight 95, zoom flight 96, zoom flight 98 ( da glove), flightposite I, flightposite II, etc.

Why do people assume that people are going to wear them zipped up?

it's actually not because they have the zipper and sleeve design, but the
way they look when zipped up........just look like some Gucci boots.
I have the Flighposite (1) and they still look like basketball shoes when zipped up.

My wife actually likes the 28's and that's a good enough reason for me to get them.

On the performance of the shoe, this shoe looks to be a great balling shoe.  Looks lite and with the proplate zoom tech, should be a quick responsive shoe.  I asked around the office and at first look, people bashed and as I left the picture on the screen, everyone says that it seems to grow on me.  I further went on to explain that Westbrook would be wearing the shoe tonight against Brooklyn and everyone is going to watch the game just to see what it looks like on the court.  This is what Jordan use to do for us as kids when they first came out.  We couldn't wait to see what shoe MJ is going to have on at the begining of the season.  Then when you go to school the next day, this was the talk on the bus ride.  "Maaaaaannnnn I got to get them J's MJ had on last night."  Westbrook is no MJ, but the brand that Jordan has created still creates the same buzz, and you can't get any better marketing than that.  And on that alone, they will sell.  Like a prior log said, they may not get a lot of buyers at $250, but you will get them, once they go on sale. 

I admit that I wasn't a fan of the later models of the Jordans, but I finally bought the 2011, because they reminded me of the original 11's.  I played in them and they were actually comfortable and the performance was great once I decided on which sole to use based on my game.  I hurt my knee so, I hadn't purchased the 2012's, but wanted too.  But I will get these and see what they do.  This colorway will be great for balling because I don't see them getting dirty.  Only concern would probably be being carful with the zipper.  Like the GP glove, once the zipper goes, you have to wear them one way afterwards.  But I'm in on these. 

These old guys aren't hip Tinker copying how hiroshi fujiwara dresses isnt hip . This just boring and lazy.This shoe insides are damn 2012s its just covered in a shroud.The design is lazy and uninspired this shoe has no actual support. 250 price tag is stupid they just finished failing on the 2012 most stores rtved their pairs. Its pathetic how far they have fallen Nike + is a failure thats getting rtved next and discounted. Honestly from the president of jordan brand coming out in a chopper suit,to propping up the knicks mascot Spike Lee who is a shadow of himself as a director and Tinker who more less doesn't even exist anymore. IT just reeks of the old guys trying to be cool like your dad listening to eminem to prove how hip he is to you..
This isnt a sneaker this is a piece of equipment

A Sneaker is a piece of Equipment.. Duh... Here is what the real problem "Sneakerheads" have with Shoe.. its Not a Retro... All my OG heads wil 100% Understand the Statement that I just made.. The "Vintage" Fubu wearing, Fugazi Curated, by some flavor of the weak, MCM hat Wannbe's will slam JB no matter what they do because it isn't a Retro.. We All honestly know this. The Sig Model as it has been for while is Designed to a PURE PERFORMANCE SHOE.. this Direction Since the XX3 Function First, Style Second.

All I can say is I can't wait to cop these on Release day.. $250 plus Tax is not alot of money.. The Other colorways and the All-Star Version sure will be hot Hot Fire!!!! Going to love to iD these things
this is type hogwash though..why can't they be PURE performance and STILL look good..like:

Upon further review......

The potential is there I am kind of digging them... The on feet pics don't look that bad and their are things you can do even zipped up.

Def. not for that 250 price tag though.

Just caught these on foot images over at AirJordanInfo.com. IDK... every time I look at this shoe it grows on me. I'm still trying to figure out how I could get these off with jeans lol... but it's a dope shoe nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom