Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

If they release a colorway that looks EXACTLY like this mockup, I'd cop in a heartbeat.
34ru6p3.png

AJ XIV "Last Shot"-esque.
:smokin

STR8

this picture has me running around my house like this

Right on the mark with this pic. Instant copsation if ever released.

wtf is this 'technology' people keep bringing up to justify the price for these? that stupid plate? everything else have been used before...

theres supposed to be 20 colorways not to mention extended models (lite, lowcut,etc.)

i believe there's going to be a bamboo make up and sole collector quoted tinker to say they are goin to play around with graphics, i assume that means not just regular color blocking but fire graphics, thunder for example... i'd like to see skeleton graphics similar to pharell's boots, and with the allstar 'flesh' make up and nsw's xray womens tights i dont see why they wouldnt continue the theme... sportswear technology has advanced so far, shoes dont feel like shoes anymore. i applaud this new design and i hope the shoe feels as good as it seems it should

theres supposed to be 20 colorways not to mention extended models (lite, lowcut,etc.)

i believe there's going to be a bamboo make up and sole collector quoted tinker to say they are goin to play around with graphics, i assume that means not just regular color blocking but fire graphics, thunder for example... i'd like to see skeleton graphics similar to pharell's boots, and with the allstar 'flesh' make up and nsw's xray womens tights i dont see why they wouldnt continue the theme... sportswear technology has advanced so far, shoes dont feel like shoes anymore. i applaud this new design and i hope the shoe feels as good as it seems it should

Punk Community has been doing this for a while..

wtf is this 'technology' people keep bringing up to justify the price for these? that stupid plate? everything else have been used before...

Nike is certainly trying to push the limits on pricing. Even if stuff has been used before, a shoe that would have cost $200 a year or two ago would now be $250 under Nike's current pricing. Air Max Hyperdunk was $160 last season and then Air Max Hyperposite was $225 this season.

It's up to the consumer to say no. Prices will drop if we do. I know for me personally, I'm finding myself more and more waiting for stuff to hit clearance on NDC and then buying when a clearance coupon gets sent out. I did pay full price for the Lebrons this year, but they only went up $10 over last year. Had they gone up $40-$50, I would have waited.

Waaaaayy better than the actual XX8. Great job. :smokin

Yep see these in all the PS colorways that were made....for $180ish....id own at least 2 pair. The silhouette is nice it just is too high for anyone to wear casually. And even if everyone wants to say all that matters is performance....jordans are known for being fashionable off the court as well...and not too many people want to wear knee high boots around.

For some reason i would like these more if they were just nikes with a big swoosh on the side like the gloves.

This is more like it!!! Hope they go this route.....I'm sure they realize the average buyer will not cop those boot Jordan's to wear casually!!!

7 of the last 10 Air Jordans have come in multiple iterations. It's hard to imagine the "most polarizing Jordan ever" not doing the same. I can't imagine spending two years developing the new technology and it not being used on a more consumer-accepted XX8. Just my thoughts.

Via Time magazine
There’s innovation and there’s improvements, and then there are these.

Nike Air Jordans are the chameleons of the footwear kingdom, undergoing an aesthetic metamorphosis pretty much every year since they were introduced in 1984 (when their namesake, Michael Jordan, was just 21 years old). Some incarnations were good, some were really good, and others were just downright iconic.

The Air Jordan XX8s are none of those things. Designed by veteran Air Jordan mastermind Tinker Hatfield, the Air Jordan XX8 is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a black socklike casing. Once the baffling black jacket is unzipped, the neon green shoe has a similar look to previous Air Jordans, which begs the question: what’s the point of that…thing…anyway? Aside from that saving grace, the shoe is also apparently very light and was introduced by Spike Lee, so at least it has that.

XX8, an infuriating mashup of Roman and Arabic numerals, signifies that this is the 28th edition of the shoe. It reportedly took Hatfield two years to design it; a pair will retail for a cool $250. The kicks made their NBA debut on Tuesday night when Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook wore in a game against the Brooklyn Nets, any non-NBA player who’s willing to wear them will have to wait until they are available to the public in February.

Unfortunately, that may not be too many people. Response to the shoe has been less than enthusiastic; bloggers have called them everything from “awful” to “dumb space boots”. “Is this the first pair of shoes to ever come encased in velour sweatsuits?” Deadspin’s Tom Ley wondered. We doubt, however, that the negative press will have an effect on sales or the reputation of the wildly desirable sneakers. And as Basketball Jones blogger Trey Kirby discovered, they don’t look quite as bad on the feet.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/12/06/the-nike-air-jordan-xx8-is-not-very-popular/#ixzz2EOkM4Ovw

Back
Top Bottom