Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I was looking at the XX8's and my 4 year old daughter said, "Daddy those are some nice rain boots and that I should buy some so I don't mess up my good Jordans!"

I'm weak right now!  
roll.gif
  Out of the mouth of babes....
laugh.gif

That Carolina blue/Christmas colorway MY GOD :smokin that's the pair I need in my life right now ASAP.... I'd camp on the moon for those :lol:

Last edited:
lol, school "PE" are just the standard versions.

nice one, jb. talk about last minute desperation for hype/advertising. they couldn't even do it properly.

this is getting just sad.

So Marquette, UNC, & Cal rocking the same damn color. :smh: Guess royal blue or whatever nike calls it matches all three schools perfectly. :lol: ...dat desperate attempt at last minute marketing.

So Marquette, UNC, & Cal rocking the same damn color. :smh: Guess royal blue or whatever nike calls it matches all three schools perfectly. :lol: ...dat desperate attempt at last minute marketing.

That is indeed weak. They should have created unique colorways matching the blue tone of each university.

Last edited:
two days until black camos . . .

still no pics . . .

very strange.

i see that some sites are reporting a 2/23 release date for the RED camos. if that's true, i may skip the 2/16 releases. at $250, one pair of XX8s is enough for me until the summer and if i'm only going to get one pair, i'd like something that wouldn't totally clash with black/red/white clothing (which makes up 90% of my wardrobe).

2010s are the best out of the beyond 23 joints so far imo. ppl hated on the window but thats more acceptable than this hideous shroud. i wouldnt want to ball with **** hanging off my shoes

anthracite8s -

i am very fond of the 2010s as well. i enjoyed the ventilation the window offered and spent nearly a full year playing exclusively in the 2010 (i think i went through 3 or 4 pairs). as for the XX8, maybe you should reserve judgment until you have a chance to play in them.

anthracite8s -

i am very fond of the 2010s as well. i enjoyed the ventilation the window offered and spent nearly a full year playing exclusively in the 2010 (i think i went through 3 or 4 pairs). as for the XX8, maybe you should reserve judgment until you have a chance to play in them.
true true but im not talking about a playing standpoint im sure the xx8 has great traction from the looks of it. im just saying i wouldnt ball with elf boots on and i wouldnt want the shroud hanging off the shoe either. i dont think the extra high shroud helps with support much but i could be wrong, the material just doesnt look like it. if the shroud was exactly at the level of the last lace loop i think i would cop these in a diff colorway.

I fundamentally like this shoe but that commerical was rubbish. How is it supposed to convince anyone to buy the shoe?

With a marketing degree i take interest in jbrand marketing. I personally think the commercial is the best Jbrand has done since the 23s . 1. it has MJ in it 2- it has MJ narorating it 3- It has two very marketable young new jbrand players in Westbrook and Blake Griffin 4- it's bright 5- it's loud 6 - sticks to the stealth theme and most importantly describes the shoe perfectly as far as the evolution of the shoe and pushing limits. I think Jbrand did a good job on this. Much better than last years..... Ps there wasn't one last year. jbrand leadership is moving things in the right direction. I agree the commercial isn't like the XXI commercial. But it's the best in 5 years . Still shoulda put the man himself in the shoes though.

Back
Top Bottom