Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

IMO ... These look horrible in some pictures but then you see them on the court and they look pretty nice.  I want to see them in person.  Definitely not paying $250 unless I hit the lottery tonight.  

Baton Rouge HoH has them, they look better in person but they wouldn't let me try them on. Can't see myself paying $250 for them but if they're a QS I might have to. Also the green ones look awful.

Dam I want these so bad but had to buy a new iPad. Have to wait till next month hopefully there still on shelves everywhere

I had to try them on and they run tts and are extremely comfortable. They're growing on me fast but that price never will.

I may eat my words in 6 months but here's my 2 cents...

After calling all the major retailers in the Dallas Fort Worth area and striking out, I suddenly find myself clamoring to purchase an "Air Jordan" like I would a Foamposite, or any other limited release that catches my attention.

I think there definitely was a change in personnel and philosophy behind sales and marketing departments at Jordan Brand to try to reinvent the brand with this release. Air Jordans have gotten a reputation as overpriced outlet fodder for the last 4 years, while at the same time sneaker culture and demand is at an all time high. The people at Jordan Brand had to be scratching their heads over this.

How does Jordan Brand capitalize on this influx in sneaker demand, maximize exposure, maximize profit, and honor the loyalty of their die-hards? Simple. They turn their general release flagship model into a now limited release.. With such high "return to vendor" numbers on previous Air Jordan releases, this direction is a no brainer and It's simple economics at this point. They produce less product which raises demand, and they raise the price which increases profit. Sneakers have evolved into an odd niche market where collectors salivate at the sound of "limited" and this is such a win win for the Jordan Brand and their followers.

Jordan Brand has now not only cut out a significant amount of unnecessary production, but they've reestablished the reputation and demand of their prize fighter.

Like it or not, I don't think you are going to be able to walk in Foot Locker and see the latest "Air Jordan" collecting dust anymore. Maybe the "light version" or a downplayed variation of the shoe, but gone are days of the past with the shelf sitting "Air Jordan".

Hands down best basketball shoe I've ever worn
i would buy a new ball first before i bought these shoes lol
tongue.gif
 glad they at least perform good though

these pics got me feelin like im in one of those fakes stores that sells fake gucci boots with the jordan sign slapped on em lmfao. can't believe "this" is what's hot these days
sick.gif
 i would never be the least bit excited to spend 250 on these
mean.gif

Not even mad about those shorts.

They sell $100 shorts and jackets all the time, the last pair of $100 shorts they had actually had some cool tech that made them lot as hell.

Why don't we look at the features of he shorts before we say aye or nay.
laugh.gif
i was expecting this too but as far as i can tell from reading finishline there are no features LOL not even a cell phone pocket ahaha

Waiting on that metal backpack tinker was wearing in the interview. Y'all just keep on sleeping [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom