Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Can't believe there's not much hype on these given they are good for balling in and there are few quantity

JB turn'n yall into women :lol:

Last edited:
I love these kicks, so I hit up the JB dare to fly exhibit at the Houston Galleria today to check these out. Basically they let you try the kicks on and run through some very basic bball drills to see how they feel. Lastly they let you "dunk" in them and take a panorama gif of you that you can share with friends. For the low, low price of free it was worth it. Check out the pics below.

Shoe review:

Fashion:
I love the look of these...zipped up that is. I think they look stupid zipped down so the only way I'd rock is with them fully zipped. Fully zipped they are ill with casual wear, but I'm biased I have a weakness for all black kicks...

Performance:
I was surprisingly disappointed performance wise. After listening to Tinker talk about proplate zoom and all that stuff about how they "unlocked" zoom air I was expecting a revolutionary feeling bball kick. Honestly it feels like they took the Vomero+ 7, gave it some lateral support, a shroud, and bam Jordan XX8. Don't get me wrong, my Vomero 7's are in the top 5 of the most comfortable kicks I have ever run in, but the hype machine had me expecting something revolutionary...proplate zoom isn't. If you have a pair of Vomero 7's you pretty much know how these feel under foot. The J's may have slightly more bounce to them and they are really comfy and probably great for ballin but nothing "game changing".

Last edited:
This shoe is so crazy... I love the bamboo, Knicks and yellow colorways. My store not getting them because they said the shoe was too expensive for the area which is bull**** b/c foams are $220 :smh:

And if they put the comfort of a Vomero into a hoops shoe that is revolutionary for a basketball kick :lol:

That's gotta be insanely comfortable cutting, slashing, and jumping on the court

I may eat my words in 6 months but here's my 2 cents...

After calling all the major retailers in the Dallas Fort Worth area and striking out, I suddenly find myself clamoring to purchase an "Air Jordan" like I would a Foamposite, or any other limited release that catches my attention.

I think there definitely was a change in personnel and philosophy behind sales and marketing departments at Jordan Brand to try to reinvent the brand with this release. Air Jordans have gotten a reputation as overpriced outlet fodder for the last 4 years, while at the same time sneaker culture and demand is at an all time high. The people at Jordan Brand had to be scratching their heads over this.

How does Jordan Brand capitalize on this influx in sneaker demand, maximize exposure, maximize profit, and honor the loyalty of their die-hards? Simple. They turn their general release flagship model into a now limited release.. With such high "return to vendor" numbers on previous Air Jordan releases, this direction is a no brainer and It's simple economics at this point. They produce less product which raises demand, and they raise the price which increases profit. Sneakers have evolved into an odd niche market where collectors salivate at the sound of "limited" and this is such a win win for the Jordan Brand and their followers.

Jordan Brand has now not only cut out a significant amount of unnecessary production, but they've reestablished the reputation and demand of their prize fighter.

Like it or not, I don't think you are going to be able to walk in Foot Locker and see the latest "Air Jordan" collecting dust anymore. Maybe the "light version" or a downplayed variation of the shoe, but gone are days of the past with the shelf sitting "Air Jordan".
Good   analysis of the situation. But honestly, I truly hate this strategy. I don't want it to be this difficult to get the latest XX8, especially when they're charging so much for it(in Europe it's $310). It would have been easier to get the lebron x all star but I don't care for that shoe. 

I hope they increase the quantity for future releases.

I saw people selling these on ebay. I thought they were dumbasses. I had no idea these would be that limited

Last edited:
What a joke the market is these days.  I get on Eastbay thinking these will be an easy cop because the OVERWHELMING majority of people I've spoken to in person and online hate these with a passion.  20 mins after release and they're already all scooped up.  WTF?

So much for an ugly design and a high price point leaving these sitting on shelves.  I hate the shoe game these days.  Dudes that want to cop can't because of resellers. 

I don't think resellers were the reason these sold out so fast. They purposely held back to create hype when they restock.

It's smart on JB's behalf, Air Jordan's sitting on shelves reduces the brands image in this day and age of instant sell outs. I'm sure my local HoH won't sell out so if I cop I'll get them there.

LOL Im glad I secured my pair!!! Loved this shoe when it first came out... Waiting for eastbay to ship them out! (Got the stealths)

Back
Top Bottom